Why Burke Would Deal with Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Why Burke Would Deal with Boston

Lots of idle chatter about Burke trying to get some of his lost manhood back in any deal with Boston by holding players for a king's ransom.  He does this anyway, but that's neither here nor there.

Burke will take the best deal for his hockey club.  Or really, what he thinks is the best deal.  If the Bruins choose to offer the best deal, he'll do his team and his rep more good by taking it than by acting like a 10 year old.  Keeping Kaberle for the remainder of the season does nada for the Leafs.  He won't re-sign there, he isn't a ticket draw, and making the Bruins better for the rest of the year doesn't matter either because the Leafs don't have a horse in the playoff race. Chiarelli might decide to re-sign TK, but since TK is a UFA on July 1, there's nothing Burke can do about that anyway.  If Chiarelli starts asking about players Burke doesn't want to deal, that might be a different story.

Even if there are two similar offers - the Bruins offer (say) picks 26 and 86 and the other team offers picks 27 and 87 - Burke does himself no good just by spiting the Bruins.

It might kill him inside, but he'll do it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Why Burke Would Deal with Boston

Sportsnet's learned Kaberle has granted #Leafs permission to speak to 1 team only regarding potential trade. As of now that team is #Bruins

http://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/37626454489432064

He has no choice, he has said he will not sign Kaberle and Kaberle only wants to be traded to the Bruins.  Burke has to deal with us or lose Kaberle for nothing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good for Tomas naming the team he wants to go to as he knows how much Chiarelli has coveted him in the past. So Burke will now have Philly's 1st and Boston's 1st not too shabby plus maybe Bartkowski or maybe he could wrestle Tommy Cross away from PC.

Kaberle stating in this manner how much he thinks Boston can contend and to only deal with the Bruins tells me that there would be a good chance PC could keep him after this season win win for all. Interesting the buzz for tonight's game say the deal gets done within the next hour ahh just give him Gary Doak's ol number but hope he doesn't play like him...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Why Burke Would Deal with Boston:
    [QUOTE]Sportsnet's learned Kaberle has granted #Leafs permission to speak to 1 team only regarding potential trade. As of now that team is #Bruins http://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/37626454489432064 He has no choice, he has said he will not sign Kaberle and Kaberle only wants to be traded to the Bruins.  Burke has to deal with us or lose Kaberle for nothing.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

If that is a legit tweet then Kaberle is taking Burke off the hook.  Burke can now say he had no choice as Kaberle was only naming the Bs.  Now me thinks it seems a bit bewildering that Kaberle did not choose San Jose along with the Bs.  Smells funny!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]Good for Tomas naming the team he wants to go to as he knows how much Chiarelli has coveted him in the past. So Burke will now have Philly's 1st and Boston's 1st not too shabby plus maybe Bartkowski or maybe he could wrestle Tommy Cross away from PC. Kaberle stating in this manner how much he thinks Boston can contend and to only deal with the Bruins tells me that there would be a good chance PC could keep him after this season win win for all. Interesting the buzz for tonight's game say the deal gets done within the next hour ahh just give him Gary Doak's ol number but hope he doesn't play like him...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SanDog - Good points.  We all know Doakie had his shortcomings, but he was an utterly fearless shot-blocker who always gave it hell out there.  I can still picture him burying his helmet directly into the chest of a much larger, onrushing winger along the boards.  That might be interference in "the new NHL", but in the smaller confines of the old Garden, Doakie could have his way. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thought you'd like the Doak reference BC everytime he and Milbury touched the puck my dad cringed but yes he was solid for the spend thrift Jacobs LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Knowing that Chia has to be greedy...max second round pick!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Good for Tomas naming the team he wants to go to as he knows how much Chiarelli has coveted him in the past. So Burke will now have Philly's 1st and Boston's 1st not too shabby plus maybe Bartkowski or maybe he could wrestle Tommy Cross away from PC. Kaberle stating in this manner how much he thinks Boston can contend and to only deal with the Bruins tells me that there would be a good chance PC could keep him after this season win win for all. Interesting the buzz for tonight's game say the deal gets done within the next hour ahh just give him Gary Doak's ol number but hope he doesn't play like him...

Don't forget Kaberle is friends with Chara and train together.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]Thought you'd like the Doak reference BC everytime he and Milbury touched the puck my dad cringed but yes he was solid for the spend thrift Jacobs LoL!

The entire Garden cringed when Lafleur bore down on Milbury, LOL!  Unlike Milbury, Doak was at least an honest player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

PC has to resist the temptation to put the screws to Burke, but he also has to decide what he's willing to pay - and that probably has something to do with other moves he'd like to make.  Don't give the Leafs the Bruins' #1 if that's a piece you need to upgrade at forward.  Wheeler, Stuart, and the Bruins' #1 sounds a lot like Bergfors, Oduya, and the Devils' #1.  Sounds like...and maybe it doesn't fetch a Kovalev, but it could bring in a guy whose GM wants two roster players and a #1. 

I say resist the temptation to put the screws to Burke because Burke didn't put the screws to the Bruins on Kessel.  He made Chiarelli's life a lot easier by not just signing that offer sheet with Phyllis.  And yes, Chiarelli could match an offer sheet but it would have made his life he!!.  Decide what the market would be for TK if there were other bidders and make a reasonable market offer - not top of the market, but market.

Lastly, I say all this thinking Kaberle could be a hot disaster in a Bruins uniform.  Unless the price is ridiculous - like, sit him and say "oh well!" ridiculous - I am not excited about a TK experiment.  But like NAS with Hamill - if it happens, I'll be praying to be wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Doak although "fearless", was NOT a good d-man...he made more than his share of "bonehead" plays...
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Burke Would Deal with Boston : SanDog - Good points.  We all know Doakie had his shortcomings, but he was an utterly fearless shot-blocker who always gave it hell out there.  I can still picture him burying his helmet directly into the chest of a much larger, onrushing winger along the boards.  That might be interference in "the new NHL", but in the smaller confines of the old Garden, Doakie could have his way. 
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]