Why Dale Arnold?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Why Dale Arnold?

I can't believe the Bruins hired this clown. Is this the best they could do? Isn't he the guy that was fired from the hockey haters at eei. Kathryn Tappen replaced by Dale Arnold that is worse than the Kaberle trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Re: Why Dale Arnold?

...because he doesn't cost much?

I'm guessing EEI is still paying his salary, since he's still showing up on the radio occasionally, and maybe they've cut a deal with NESN to offload some of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Dale lost the glasses and looks like he's been lifting weights.
    And wasn't he like 4'3" or something?  How did he get taller?  He was about equal height with Pederson?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3989369. Show user_3989369's posts

I didn't like Dale Arnold the last time he was working the Bruins games and after watching and listening to him last night I still don't.  I won't be watching the pregame shows this season and I'll be changing the channel between periods to avoid him.  He's that annoying to me.

NESN screwed up big time by not bringing back KT.   I'm not surprised that she left Boston but I am surprised that she didn't end up somewhere with a larger audience than the NHL channel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

You've got to be joking Tappen was a ditz, she stumbled all over herself and was nothing but eye candy and not even very good at that. My only real problem with Dale is when the team is bad he's too negative, but at least he actually has an opinion he'll support instead of just getting lost whenever the person sitting next to her says something not on the teleprompter.

In Response to Why Dale Arnold?:
    [QUOTE]I can't believe the Bruins hired this clown. Is this the best they could do? Isn't he the guy that was fired from the hockey haters at eei. Kathryn Tappen replaced by Dale Arnold that is worse than the Kaberle trade.
    Posted by michaelf101[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Why Dale Arnold?:
    [QUOTE]You've got to be joking Tappen was a ditz, she stumbled all over herself and was nothing but eye candy and not even very good at that. My only real problem with Dale is when the team is bad he's too negative, but at least he actually has an opinion he'll support instead of just getting lost whenever the person sitting next to her says something not on the teleprompter. In Response to Why Dale Arnold? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    Lemme guess... You're a jealous female?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Neither jealous nor female. But if the folks at NESN wanna hire more women for TV they should go with more like Naoko who a: sound intelligent b: don't get flustered c: have a phukin personality and yes, since its apparently important in entertainment is d: attractive.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Dale Arnold? : Lemme guess... You're a jealous female?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Im glad Dale is back.  I LOVED him when he and Gord were doing the games.  Dale is a GREAT guy and KNOWS hockey.  He's been calling games since the late 70's, when he started out doing the Bowdoin College games, and then the Maine Mariners when Emrick left.

He knows his stuff (unlike that dipstick KT) and isnt afraid to tell it like it is (unlike that homer Jack).  He's a huge Bruins fan, but NOT a homer.  Thats one of the main reasons he was let go as the announcer:  He was ALL OVER Jacobs and how cheap the guy was and wouldnt pay guys to play here.

He is a PROFESSIONAL and knows hockey.  Something NESN has gotten away from with all these idiots like Hazel, Kathryn and Jack.  Now Ill actually be watching the pregame on NESN.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I always respected DA's ability too, and enjoyed the broadcasts he was a part of.  Also like Jack, and the enthusisam he brings to the table.  Seems to me, it's genuine, and I loathe a TV personality who appears to be someone elses creation, not there own.  Fred seems to be the legend, but to me, he was just too bland.
    My vote for the best tandem ever, Danny Gallivan and Dick Irvin.  Oddly, both employed by most hated sports team ever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Dale's voice is like nails on a chaulk board. Now we'll have to tolerate both Jack and Dale........get used to synching Gouch and Beers w/ the NESN feed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I actually like Dale. He knows hockey, although perhaps not as well as Mike M. He certainly knows more than Kathryn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

hockeyguy...KT was not on the set for her knowledge of hockey! i'm gonna miss her, she softened the blow after a poor period/game. you know..."god, they looked lethargic tonight, but man kathryn looks hot tonight!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]hockeyguy...KT was not on the set for her knowledge of hockey! i'm gonna miss her, she softened the blow after a poor period/game. you know..."god, they looked lethargic tonight, but man kathryn looks hot tonight!"
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Haha very true!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

wow people can stand Edwards but hate Dale, so many people that were dropped on their heads as inflants *smh*

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Love Dale Arnold - but not the right fit for him. That position exists simply to keep the broadcast moving forward, leaving the hockey analysis to the former players. Tappan was excellent at keeping things moving and leaving the insight to the experts.

There's no need for Arnold to be the studio host. He's a good hockey mind, but they already have Edwards blurring the line between calling the game and analysis and don't need another one.

Wish they just hired someone to host and leave it at that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Dale is miles better than Jack Edwards and I wish they never got rid of him. Good to see him back and while he doesn't have the best voice, I'd take it over Jack in a second. Too bad we'll only get to listen to him in between periods and too bad he came back after the Bs won.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I like dale back in this capacity. Gona miss looking at Kathryn Tappen's bombs ( she actualy knew hockey too). I think this season has a chance to be the best bruins coverege from bruins pre game to the anouncer with Jack and Brick. I still like Jack much better than Dale as the play by play guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Kathryn was eye candy but dressed WAY to conservatively. Not trying to be sexist but, her looks played a significant role in why she was in that position. Needed to show a little more skin.
    Dale knows the game and I respect his opinion.
    Where is Tom Larson these days (probably retired)? Professional, knowledgable.
    Dave Shea was also a real pro.

Tom Caron=worst

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I couldn't stand Dale on play-by-play but I think he'll be fine as in in studio host.  Kathryn was TERRIBLE when she first started but improved a lot.  But I'm not really going to miss her.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Dale is the man, great swap

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Between Benoit and Dale, wonder how Jack Edwards is feeling these days.

http://audio.weei.com/a/36421776/what-does-dale-arnold-think-about-jack-edwards.htm

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]Neither jealous nor female. But if the folks at NESN wanna hire more women for TV they should go with more like Naoko who a: sound intelligent b: don't get flustered c: have a phukin personality and yes, since its apparently important in entertainment is d: attractive. In Response to Re: Why Dale Arnold? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Attractive??? You should head on over to LensCrafters for your yearly eye exam

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

He's got a good head for the game although he stamers or pauses quite often which is rather annoying. I enjoyed Kathrine TappThat, she was good at keeping the ball rolling in the studio. Im just happy that Hockey is back! At least they kept Brick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

TitleTown.

There's nothing wrong with NF's looks. If you can't see that, its time to unplug from hollywood reality and look at her.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

[QUOTE]Kathryn was eye candy but dressed WAY to conservatively. Not trying to be sexist but, her looks played a significant role in why she was in that position. Needed to show a little more skin. Dale knows the game and I respect his opinion. Where is Tom Larson these days (probably retired)? Professional, knowledgable. Dave Shea was also a real pro. Tom Caron=worst
    Posted by ed121501[/QUOTE]
    She def dressed to conservatively but I watched her on the NHL network the other night and she was far from conservative...she was sitting on a stool and wearing a short skirt...it was funny watching Melrose trying not to look at her legs