Why didn't they get Alfredson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Why didn't they get Alfredson

If you were to get one player off of Ottawa, why not Alfie. The guy plays hard, and tries, unlike most of the other players on that team. Kelly is okay, but what can you really expect from him? 
    Kelly has 13pt in 36 playoff games. Not exactly a game changer.
    Alfie has 88pt in 103 playoff games. 

I'd rather they gave one of the young guys a chance, than bring Kelly in. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Why didn't they get Alfredson

Alfie is 37, in the twilight of his career, and still signed for two more years for a cap hit of 4.875 mill. This inceases the element of risk for such an aquisition by a conservative GM that PC is. This is not a jab at PC but just stating the truth.

The likely reason why Kelly was the one PC nabbed is that hedoes fill some holes in the B's game: namely the need for a capable third line center and speed.

I know this is not the blockbuster many want but, hopefully, it is just the beginning.... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

In Response to Why didn't they get Alfredson:
    [QUOTE]If you were to get one player off of Ottawa, why not Alfie. The guy plays hard, and tries, unlike most of the other players on that team. Kelly is okay, but what can you really expect from him?  Kelly has 13pt in 36 playoff games. Not exactly a game changer. Alfie has 88pt in 103 playoff games.  I'd rather they gave one of the young guys a chance, than bring Kelly in. 
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Salary: 4.875 M thru 2013
    Playing status: Out for at least 2 weeks with recurring back problems

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Because Alfredsson is the face of Ottawa and it would cost the TO pick.