Why no goalie interference on Knuble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Why no goalie interference on Knuble?

He clearly stampeded into Thomas which made Timmy helpless against that shot. And while I'm ranting, can we fire Geoff Ward now? I'm sick of this power play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Why no goalie interference on Knuble?

Is what it is... can you imagine if Boston would have scored on that weak goal with 2.5 mins left?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

The made the call because of the brutal PP the Bs have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Why no goalie interference on Knuble?:
    [QUOTE]He clearly stampeded into Thomas which made Timmy helpless against that shot. And while I'm ranting, can we fire Geoff Ward now? I'm sick of this power play.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Right. The Bruins won one cup without a powerplay, imagine what they could do with one. Doesn't help that they don't have one single legit PMD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Why no goalie interference on Knuble?:
    [QUOTE]He clearly stampeded into Thomas which made Timmy helpless against that shot. And while I'm ranting, can we fire Geoff Ward now? I'm sick of this power play.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Because he stopped in enough time and the B's were already handed a gift at the end of the 3rd with no results. 

Bottom line -- a game of inches. Feel bad for Bergy -- had an open net gimmie for the series win and just shot wide. Hats off to the Caps -- they pulled it off. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Why no goalie interference on Knuble?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Why no goalie interference on Knuble? : Right. The Bruins won one cup without a powerplay, imagine what they could do with one. Doesn't help that they don't have one single legit PMD.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Last year doesn't matter. This year, goals were at a premium and they couldn't score when given the man advantage. It's a big factor, and those who use last year as an excuse are fooling themselves.

The league is so tight, every small bit matters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegipperndfan. Show thegipperndfan's posts

I don't understand it was clear he interfered. He was in the crease. He was in the crease. It is no goal and no issue of it. What are the announcers doing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

please stop crying...bruins lost, they got outplayed and couldn't score...plain and simple.  you are starting to sound like a Hab's fan...."it was the refs fault."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Agree with you dbg1

Imagine if B's would have keep on playing this way in round 2...could have been embarassing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegipperndfan. Show thegipperndfan's posts

it isn't whining it is fact. Thomas said he was interfered with. The guy was in the crease. Call the rules. It is in the book for a reason. Tough series all 1 goal 3 ot losses , 3 losses at home. However, that goal is malarchy. dispute that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegipperndfan. Show thegipperndfan's posts

it isn't whining it is fact. Thomas said he was interfered with. The guy was in the crease. Call the rules. It is in the book for a reason. Tough series all 1 goal 3 ot losses , 3 losses at home. However, that goal is malarchy. dispute that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't care about the goalie interference at this point.  No excuses.  This team didn't deserve to win and sometimes you don't get the breaks either.

But yes, fire Geoff Ward please.  Long overdue.  You can't be the strategist for a powerplay that stinks for two years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Maybe it was but not in OT of game7. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

Game 7, overtime, would you wanna be the ref to make that call? Let them play !
    Caps deserved it. Let it rest. Will be cheering again for them next year :P

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe it was but not in OT of game7. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Refs can't see what we do on TV. Walkom is as good as it gets, was happy to see him assigned to this game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why no goalie interference on Knuble? : Right. The Bruins won one cup without a powerplay, imagine what they could do with one. Doesn't help that they don't have one single legit PMD.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Morris! Wideman! Kaberle! And Corvo!  Step right up!  Step right up!  The revolving door of Boston Bruins PMD's!!  Who will it be next year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Good goal by the Caps.  No excuses. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I don't get why people complain that Boston fans are all arrogant and crybabies. As I read this post, it's clear to me that most Boston sports fans hate to lose, but when they do, they don't want to hear excuses.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Good goal by the Caps.  No excuses. 
    Posted by lucdufour[/QUOTE]

That's where you're dead wrong. No it's not a good goal, clear violation of the rule.
    Everyone on the TSN panel and also Jaffi on the NHL network said it was goalie interference.  BTW is Fraser a Bruins fan?  He was ammonite that goal should not have counted.
    It's okay Bruin fans we're allowed to admit it was a wrong call also . It doesn't make you a whiner or cry baby.  The ref is allowed to make a mistake, it happened fast in the heat of the moment and they missed it. Such is life, basta !
    With that being said that's not why they are eliminated.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why no goalie interference on Knuble? : That's where you're dead wrong. No it's not a good goal, clear violation of the rule. Everyone on the TSN panel and also Jaffi on the NHL network said it was goalie interference.  BTW is Fraser a Bruins fan?  He was ammonite that goal should not have counted. It's okay Bruin fans we're allowed to admit it was a wrong call also . It doesn't make you a whiner or cry baby.   The ref is allowed to make a mistake, it happened fast in the heat of the moment and they missed it. Such is life, basta ! With that being said that's not why they are eliminated.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

What bothers me so much about it is that it is exactly what I wanted the Bruins to do the whole series.  Watch Knuble come in on that play.  He realizes he has a bad angle, is on his backhand, and doesn't have a very good pass option.  So he drives the net hard, chips the puck at TT and keeps going right into the crease.  Is that interference?  Sure it is.  But it's also his best option to score and it is very unlikely that the refs call it there.

Did we see the Bruins do this once to Holtby during the series?  Even if you take a few interference penalties over the series, it's worth it.  And they probably won't make that call in OT when it really matters.  Smart play by Knuble.  I wish the Bruins had done much more of this themselves.

The Bruins didn't deserve to win.  No excuses.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why no goalie interference on Knuble? : What bothers me so much about it is that it is exactly what I wanted the Bruins to do the whole series.  Watch Knuble come in on that play.  He realizes he has a bad angle, is on his backhand, and doesn't have a very good pass option.  So he drives the net hard, chips the puck at TT and keeps going right into the crease.  Is that interference?  Sure it is.  But it's also his best option to score and it is very unlikely that the refs call it there. Did we see the Bruins do this once to Holtby during the series?  Even if you take a few interference penalties over the series, it's worth it.  And they probably won't make that call in OT when it really matters.  Smart play by Knuble.  I wish the Bruins had done much more of this themselves. The Bruins didn't deserve to win.  No excuses.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch - I agree ^^^ but I disagree when you an others say 'The Bruins didn't deserve to win'...

Both teams deserve to win that series and both teams had their chances (Bergy in OT, PP with 2:52 to go in Regulation)...but the reality of the matter is only ONE team can win and it wasn't us.

We are still contenders if everyone is healthy and we have a modicum of PP success. Looking forward to next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why no goalie interference on Knuble? : Fletch - I agree ^^^ but I disagree when you an others say 'The Bruins didn't deserve to win'... Both teams deserve to win that series and both teams had their chances (Bergy in OT, PP with 2:52 to go in Regulation)...but the reality of the matter is only ONE team can win and it wasn't us. We are still contenders if everyone is healthy and we have a modicum of PP success. Looking forward to next year.
    Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]

It's not so much about the Bruins not 'deserving' it, or the Cap deserving it more in the literal sense.  Its just that one team (the Caps) played to their potential and one team didn't.  The Bruins could have done so many things to win that series and they failed to execute in so many areas, that it is hard to quibble over a break in overtime of game 7 going against them. 

I can't possibly, honestly, torment myself over the summer thinking "if only that call had gone their way they could have won". 

Instead I see bad strategy, bad execution, failure in making adjustments, underperforming star players, key injuries, and an awful powerplay as the reasons they lost.  When you add all of that up you kind of get the feeling that they didn't really deserve to win, a missed goalie interference call or not.  To me, the final goal and the possible infraction was a footnote in a 7-game series of failures.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In a series where every game was decided by a single goal (first time ever in a 7-gamer), you can't say one team "deserved it" over the other.  Clearly, the series was up for grabs until the very end, and either team would have been a "deserving" winner. 

As for the call, many times you don't see that call when the player making contact is the guy who took the puck into the blue paint.  More often, it's a guy running interference, and the shot comes from the point or the slot, and the penalized player is not involved in the shot.  In this case, because Knuble took the intitial shot from close range, and his momentum carried him in the crease, the refs chose the non-call.  If Knuble's primary purpose was to run TT, then I think it's called, but in this case, I suppose they ruled 'incidental contact' because he was looking for the puck (he actually took a swipe at the rebound).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Because he only mildly interfered with TT he didn't knock him over. Just a little nudge.