Re: Why Thornton was right.
posted at 12/8/2013 6:02 PM EST
In response to shuperman's comment:
In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
I put this in another thread, but I'm putting it here too, because so many people are taking this as an isolated incident!
If Orpik is concussed I don't think he'd be flying so quickly. As I said last night I'm with Crowls on this. Orpik is milking this & this is how I see it. This isn't a black & white thing here. There's history behind all of this & that's what EVERYONE seems to be forgetting here.
1. Every player looks at the replays on the Jumbotron. Brooks KNEW his shoulder caught Lou's head...Without a doubt he KNEW IT! So, he now knows what's going to happen. He's been on the Pens long enough to know how the Bruins are going to react to another Bruin player taking a head shot from a Penquin. He was on the team in 2010 when Cooke caught Savard. He also knows how much flack the B's took for a lack of response. ST being the main one who took the blunt of it..Especially on here!
2. Orpik now realizes he's been marked & I'm also without a doubt sure that SOMEBODY on the B's told Brooks. "Keep your head up, yours is coming! I'll bet 1 dime to a dollar ST was the one who said it.
3. Orpik has a chance to take "his medicine like a man", but instead acts like a coward! Having said this, I don't believe every hit there needs to be a fight, but as I mentioned above, there's a BIG history between these 2 teams & concussions. This isn't an isolated incident here!
4. Neal then knees Brad, to the head.... BOOOM now it's WAR & ST is in Mount St. Helens mode. And Orpik takes the high road, because ST gave him the perfect scene to take it, because ST did the construction for him.
5. Thorts will get 5-10 & Shanny will FINALLY use ST as the example instead of using Jon Scott!
6. Neal gets 2 even though he's a repeat offender, but all the Bruin haters won't care about that
7. Orpiks gets nothing but a pat on the head & all the apologies in the world. While the rest of the hockey world including so called Bruin fans give ST the "throw the book at the skating clown!"
ST wasnt a hockey play. Orpiks hit was. Neal play was garbage. Marchand is a rat and you live and die by the sword. I can see marchand doing the same play. Ive seen numerous players and bruins skate away from fights. Orpik didnt deserve what he got. I absolutely hate Brashear and love Marty but Marty was in the wrong. ST play is criminal. Hes a bum who i hate wearing a Bruins jersey.
ST should have the book thrown at him. If ST wanted to act revenge he grabs him right away. It was a chicken poopp play and he hits a guy after he slew foots him. How did Orpik act wrong here. I hope they do make an example of him. No issues. I agree Neals rat play should get more as well. Scotts wasnt worthy of making an example of. This certainly isnt even in the same league as what scott did. Id compare it to what marty did. Possible bertuzzi. To say Orpik is faking is funny. Everyone is faking but Bruins right? Loui faking? Savard still faking?