Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -??????

I am trying to figure out who is next? PC has never been shy to get what he wants. This Corvo thing is not looking great. At what point in time is PC going to really go after Yandle, let's cook up a trade to get Turris here too while we are at it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -??????

Or.... Let's not!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Actually its weird how much turnover there's been on the Bruins blueline since PC rolled into town. The only guy on the blueline who predates him iirc is Ference.
    Some of the names I can recall off the top of my head:
    Wideman
    Allen
    Alberts
    O'Donnell (I think he was still here when PC got here and was traded for Ward)
    Ward
    Hunwick
    Lashoff
    Stuart
    Valabik
    Kaberle
    Hnidy
    Penner

And there are a few more who only played a game or two (or none) and have been shipped out.

In Response to Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -??????:
    [QUOTE]I am trying to figure out who is next? PC has never been shy to get what he wants. This Corvo thing is not looking great. At what point in time is PC going to really go after Yandle, let's cook up a trade to get Turris here too while we are at it.
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It is interesting that the bruins seem to develop, plus have in the pipeline, more centers/forwards who can play in the NHL, while Nashville continues to churn out quality blue liners. Hamilton is the first step in changing that position. However,signing Chara was a major move, add in Seidenberg and the trade that brought in McQuaid [ still learning] and that seems to be the strategy since Defensemen take longer [usually] to develop. I'm impressed with Chiarelli's game plan and movements so far. A few blips like Kaberle, but he keeps trying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

While getting Yandle and Turris, why not make it a 3-way deal and get Crosby? Personally, I'm happy with Corvo. He was plus-4 against TO in his last game.  He's been a good player with other teams, he will come around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Always fun to pretend you can put together an All Star team, but the fact is that there is a salary cap and that prevents you from replacing bottom tier players with top tier players.  So if you want Yandle, be prepared to give up somebody of value.  Yes, we have cap space this year, but we won't have it down the line so be careful what you wish for.

I think our defense is fine as is.  We put up some of the best defensive numbers in the game year after year, we have Chara and Seidenberg and we have a blue chip prospect coming up in the near future in Hamilton.

So what's the problem?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Corvo has been a bright spot on the Bruins through the first few months. He keeps the puck in and usually at net.

The Bruins need to fill the "Paille" roster spot with a bona-fide sniper. Give me a proven goal scored in the top 2 lines and they can compete again for a cup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

A top 6 scoring winger would be nice, especially if it moves Kelly down to the 4th line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I might be ok with Corvo if that hadn't been his only good game of the year. He was a -6, worst on the team going into that game and 7-0 is great but he's still a turnover machine and doesn't even recover from it as well as Boychuk, which is kinda bad.

In Response to Re: Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -??????:
    [QUOTE]While getting Yandle and Turris, why not make it a 3-way deal and get Crosby? Personally, I'm happy with Corvo. He was plus-4 against TO in his last game.  He's been a good player with other teams, he will come around.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I might be ok with Corvo if that hadn't been his only good game of the year. He was a -6, worst on the team going into that game and 7-0 is great but he's still a turnover machine and doesn't even recover from it as well as Boychuk, which is kinda bad. In Response to Re: Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -?????? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    I see the same Corvo that you do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't think Corvo has been great in Boston so far, he looks unsettled.  My opinion of him is from when hew was with other teams.  I felt he was good at the offensive side of things and a good bargain for what he brings.  I think his game will get better in time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

[QUOTE]Corvo has been a bright spot on the Bruins through the first few months. He keeps the puck in and usually at net. The Bruins need to fill the "Paille" roster spot with a bona-fide sniper. Give me a proven goal scored in the top 2 lines and they can compete again for a cup.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

WE are paying very little for what Paille brings to the table.  He can score ( at times); play the pk;  take faceoffs;  not a defensive liability; has speed; can hit.  he is very versatile and could play 2nd line or 3rd line duties when injuries occur.  I would not be moving him this year.  if at trade deadline and we are in a playoff position then if we have cap space to land a goalscorer....but we need to get to the point in the season where we have secured a playoff spot.  lots of hockey left yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -?????? : WE are paying very little for what Paille brings to the table.  He can score ( at times); play the pk;  take faceoffs;  not a defensive liability; has speed; can hit.  he is very versatile and could play 2nd line or 3rd line duties when injuries occur.  I would not be moving him this year.  if at trade deadline and we are in a playoff position then if we have cap space to land a goalscorer....but we need to get to the point in the season where we have secured a playoff spot.  lots of hockey left yet.
    Posted by Couldthisbetheyear[/QUOTE]

If Paille is put on the second line, I will be the first to start the "Fire CJ" thread.  Yes I appreciate Paille, no I don't think he should ever be in a top 6 role.

But I agree with the greater point of your post.  No need to change much at this point.  We have the cap space but for now we should play with what we've got and see how it goes.  If the opportunity comes to pick up a goal scoring winger for the playoff stretch, then we evaluate it at that time.  We have two lines with the potential to be very good, and a third and fourth line that should both be above average for their role.  The whole idea that we are going to pick up some stud to play 3rd line wing is a bit far fetched.  More realistically if anything happens it will be for role players unless we are hit by major injuries to our top 6.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Paille is an easy target to pick on, because he has hands-of-stone, but the guy was very valuable as a lights-out penalty killer in the finals against VCR last year. You need guys doing that in May & June to win the big enchilada. I don't have a problem with him playing the role he does and making the contributions he does on the 4th line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I might be ok with Corvo if that hadn't been his only good game of the year. He was a -6, worst on the team going into that game and 7-0 is great but he's still a turnover machine and doesn't even recover from it as well as Boychuk, which is kinda bad. In Response to Re: Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -?????? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

He is now a -2. Maybe an upgrade at that spot is in order. How about a defenceman who costs $2M more and is locked in til 2014 , has the same amount of points as Corvo ( 3 assists ) and is a -5 ?

Complain about Corvo, as he deserves some of the criticism for his play. I still like to look at it as an upgrade over who he replaced and the Bruins can be rid of him after this year unlike.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

PC traded for Ference

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Corvo's a jumping bean for a reason... Agreed, he will have to be replaced if we're to go deep again this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I have no problem with Corvo, however there is one d man you HAVE to upgrade and it is Boychuk. For the love of god move boychuk

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I have no problem with Corvo, however there is one d man you HAVE to upgrade and it is Boychuk. For the love of god move boychuk
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

disagree he is a perfect #4-5 defenseman.

Sure he gets turnstyled sometimes but he's a

+30 37pts over 133gms with boston. He is also the only defenseman capable of throwing mongo open ice hits on the theam ATM. I dont know what more you want out of a bottom 3 defenseman.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -?????? : He is now a -2. Maybe an upgrade at that spot is in order. How about a defenceman who costs $2M more and is locked in til 2014 , has the same amount of points as Corvo ( 3 assists ) and is a -5 ? Complain about Corvo, as he deserves some of the criticism for his play. I still like to look at it as an upgrade over who he replaced and the Bruins can be rid of him after this year unlike.......
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Chowda, I admit to seeing flashes of good in Corvo's game. I think he just needs some of the confidence that a winning streak will bring. I don't think he's beyond helping out long term. I just don't think he's done much of that so far.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -?????? : disagree he is a perfect #4-5 defenseman.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

when hes on his game? agreed. well thats a stretch, he is never a good top 4 guy. when hes on his game hes very servicable, but he is SO inconsistent, and has the ability to be unbelievably bad in his own end, especially in the positional facit of the game. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -?????? : when hes on his game? agreed. well thats a stretch, he is never a good top 4 guy. when hes on his game hes very servicable, but he is SO inconsistent, and has the ability to be unbelievably bad in his own end, especially in the positional facit of the game
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]
    B-fan, I see some of what you do in his game but I will give J-Boy the benefit of being a late-blooming fast learner. He was still playing some forward just 4 years ago. He went from forward to the AHL's best D-man in a fairly short time so I'm not sure he's maxed out yet. At least that's what I'm hoping if PC decides to resign him by season's end.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -?????? : B-fan, I see some of what you do in his game but I will give J-Boy the benefit of being a late-blooming fast learner. He was still playing some forward just 4 years ago. He went from forward to the AHL's best D-man in a fairly short time so I'm not sure he's maxed out yet. At least that's what I'm hoping if PC decides to resign him by season's end.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

is it worth the risk though? lets move him now, along with a pick, upgrade the blue line, and then next year we can have Chara Seids, McQuaid, Ference, Hamilton, and whoever we pick up, kampfer as the 7th D

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Corvo has been a top-4 D on a Finals team and a semi-finals team in the last few years.  I see no reason why he would hold a team back from advancing.

[QUOTE]Corvo's a jumping bean for a reason... Agreed, he will have to be replaced if we're to go deep again this year.
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]Corvo has been a top-4 D on a Finals team and a semi-finals team in the last few years.  I see no reason why he would hold a team back from advancing. In Response to Re: Wideman-Morris-Kaberle-Corvo -?????? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

"no reason why"?  Because at his worst, he's similar to Wideman at his worst (turnovers, streaky points) and we know that ain't good.  Due to his inconsistent play, Corvo's played for several organizations, but unlike here with B's, he usually got off to good starts and then faded down the stretch.  He's mentioned he's still getting used to Claude's system, etc., so maybe he'll reverse his pattern and play more consistently as the season progresses.  Hope so.