With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...

Douglas Hamilton.   Mom and Dad both Olympians, Brother plays junior with him, 6-5 frame, 98% average in school (brother also a brainiac).  WOW this kid's got some good genes!   I'll take that result come June. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...

In Response to With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...:
    [QUOTE]Douglas Hamilton.   Mom and Dad both Olympians, Brother plays junior with him, 6-5 frame, 98% average in school (brother also a brainiac).  WOW this kid's got some good genes!   I'll take that result come June. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

How exactly do Olympic parents, a brother and a nice grade point average translate to a successful NHL career?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

Re: With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...

In Response to Re: With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to....... How exactly do Olympic parents, a brother and a nice grade point average translate to a successful NHL career?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Settle down Beavis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select... :  How exactly do Olympic parents, a brother and a nice grade point average translate to a successful NHL career?

Intelligence, work ethic, high achiever, positive role models.   The kind of things NHL scouts research exhaustively before they draft a kid.   ISS has him ranked 7th overall, so I imagine he can play a little hockey too. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well HenrikZetterberg had ahigher GPI/Grade percentage than every single one of the 209 players drafted in front of him, so yeah, I think intelligence can play a long trm role in a player's success. Draft a guy with smarts,work ethic, rolemodels,and skill? Not a bad choice

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

if the Leafs dont continue to tank and we get a shot at the lottery, Id love Dougie Hamilton.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I say draft a puck moving D.  That has been our weakness for many years...it is time to address that matter!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

What selections do the lottery picks fall under?  1-5?

It looks like the top 3 will be-

1.Edmonton
    2.Ottowa
    3.Colorado

4-7 could go any direction but right now its-

4-Islanders (65)
    5.Florida (65)
    6.Atlanta (70)
    7.Toronto (70)

There's a chance that Toronto's pick gets in there at #4.  How sick would that be?  Here's a link to all the NHL Mock Drafts.

http://dcprosportsreport.com/NHLMocks.htm

I'd love to get Landeskog, Ryan-Nugent, or Courtier.  Does anyone think one of those 3 could fall to us at pick #5?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select... :  How exactly do Olympic parents, a brother and a nice grade point average translate to a successful NHL career?

Arent both of Chara's parents Olympians?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With the 6th pick in the 2011 NHL entry draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select... : Intelligence, work ethic, high achiever, positive role models.   The kind of things NHL scouts research exhaustively before they draft a kid.   ISS has him ranked 7th overall, so I imagine he can play a little hockey too. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

This is dead on. In addition, I'd bet the kid probably deals with pressure well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Draft someone that drags their knuckles when they walk and who's IQ matches their shoe size and you get Matt Cooke

word to yo muthha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I go to almost all Ice Dogs games here in St.Catharines. This kid has great potential. I wouldn't object picking him if he was still available. He has been very impressive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Scooter, Hamilton would be my choice as well but look at those teams that draft before the 6th I just don't see him being there at number 6...

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2011/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Nathan-Beaulieu

JPB, What about Nathan Beaulieu ? got any reviews on him ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Scooter, Hamilton would be my choice as well but look at those teams that draft before the 6th I just don't see him being there at number 6... http://www.mynhldraft.com/2011/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Nathan-Beaulieu JPB, What about Nathan Beaulieu ? got any reviews on him ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Beaulieu is a solid D-man in both ends who only recently has added somewhat of a physical edge to his game.He's played most of his young career here in Saint John(midget included)so I've seen a large number of his games.He's improved dramatically over the past year and is sure to be a high 1st rounder.I wouldn't be at all dissappointed if he became a Bruin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Scooter, Hamilton would be my choice as well but look at those teams that draft before the 6th I just don't see him being there at number 6... http://www.mynhldraft.com/2011/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Nathan-Beaulieu JPB, What about Nathan Beaulieu ? got any reviews on him ?
    Not to familiar with Beaulieu as he is in the QMJHL & I only subscribe to the OHL, but I hear positive things about him. Another player from the Ice Dogs to watch is the krafty little Ryan Strome. He is lighting up the league with 101 points so far. he is also projected to go in the top 10. I will be at the game tomorrow night when they play the Mississauga Majors. Should be great game between 2 power houses. I will be sure to keep tabs on both players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I'd take Murphy over Hamilton. If both are available when PC heads up to pick, it's pretty much a no brainer to pick Murph (nothing against Hamilton, though).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

The latest TSN list has Couturier at #6. I doubt he is still available then, but if he is, you CAN NOT pass on him. Solid two-way player. A lot of Berg and Jordan Staal in his game, except he's got more skill offensively than both of them did at the same age.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

[QUOTE]Draft someone that drags their knuckles when they walk and who's IQ matches their shoe size and you get Matt Cooke word to yo muthha
    Posted by bailey77[/QUOTE]
    The best post I've seen all day! Thanks for the laugh...LMFAO!
    Doc

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'd take Murphy over Hamilton as well, but yes these are all actually good indicators.  And yes, Chara's parents were Olympians.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

If he goes prior to 6th then somebody else is dropping.  We are then looking at Strome or Murphy.  Maybe an outside shot at Couturier.  I'm still smiling.  I'm going to be watching Hamilton for the rest of the year.  I think he may be available when the B's draft. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm hoping Hamilton as well but just in case wanted an opinion on Beaulieu.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Zdeno Chara! Opps ILHockey already got it... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

It's too bad the Leafs won last night against Carolina.  Here's the rest of thier schedule-

17MAR @Florida
    19MAR Boston
    22MAR @Minnesota 
    24MAR @Colorado
    26MAR @Detroit
    29MAR Buffalo
    31MAR @Boston

2APR @Ottawa
    5APR Washington
    6APR @NJ
    9APR Montreal

I see Toronto winning 5 of the next 11 games and finishing with the 8th overall pick.  But they could go on a tear, win 8 out of 11, and make the playoffs.  The only thing helping out the Bruins is that they play Toronto twice and the Leafs have to play 7 of thier remaining 11 on the road.

How do you see it playing out?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They will go 4-6-1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]It's too bad the Leafs won last night against Carolina.  Here's the rest of thier schedule- 17MAR @Florida 19MAR Boston 22MAR @Minnesota  24MAR @Colorado 26MAR @Detroit 29MAR Buffalo 31MAR @Boston 2APR @Ottawa 5APR Washington 6APR @NJ 9APR Montreal I see Toronto winning 5 of the next 11 games and finishing with the 8th overall pick.  But they could go on a tear, win 8 out of 11, and make the playoffs.  The only thing helping out the Bruins is that they play Toronto twice and the Leafs have to play 7 of thier remaining 11 on the road. How do you see it playing out?
    Posted by TC+Corps[/QUOTE]

And would it be a total shock if they won only 2 of those 11? 

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if they won 8 of the 11.

I can't even bring myself to think about the pick until the season ends.

Very much to my surprise the Leafs have been winning.
    Didn't count on Reimer.
    Didn't expect Kessel to keep the work ethic up.
    Expected somebody to get hurt.

They are fragile, and their tear could come to a dead stop at any time.