World Juniors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: World Juniors

Sure Canada isnt playing up to standards that many are used too. But I thought Canada was the better 5 on 5 team today. They have chance to right there ship if they stop making terrible penalties. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure Canada isnt playing up to standards that many are used too. But I thought Canada was the better 5 on 5 team today. They have chance to right there ship if they stop making terrible penalties. 

[/QUOTE]

against a team like today they should have dominated.  5 on 5 i agree they were better but the soft back handed turnovers were glaring, stupid penalties.   They look really bad.  They havent played any of the good teams yet and trailed in the last 2 gms.  I think getting Griffin back will help.  fucale is hot and cold.  I thought he was avg today.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Wow throwing them under the bus awfully early aren't we?I'm still chearing for them,they will pull it out when it counts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The US powerplay is 10 ten times better than the Czechs n Slovaks. Stay out of the penalty box and it will be a close one. Another thing Canada has to get going is secondary scoring, one line is generating a lot of the offense.

Finland beat Russia today and that's what makes this tournament so great...upsets!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow throwing them under the bus awfully early aren't we?I'm still chearing for them,they will pull it out when it counts.

[/QUOTE]

Nope, im calling it how i have seen it.  They played terrible to start against the germans.  They lost to a team they never lost to before and they were very lucky to win today. They trailed in both of the last 2 gms.  If thats throwing them under the bus im not throwing im chucking them.   They have not played well at all.  

in fact i stated before the tourny started its swedens to lose.  

PS i didnt say i wasnt cheering for them.  Its been very hard to watch though.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Maybe Griffin Reinhart returning to the line-up will help Canada. I'm still cheering hard for them as well, but they can't just expect to show up and win, they have to play hard from the drop of the puck and stay disciplined. They start the penalty parade early they will be out of it in no time versus the USA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Canadians usually steam roll through the round robin then fall apart in the semi or finals,maybee this year they will do the opposite,now must admit not to sure about there goaltending.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

US vs Canada on New Year's Eve!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Canadians usually steam roll through the round robin then fall apart in the semi or finals,maybee this year they will do the opposite,now must admit not to sure about there goaltending.

[/QUOTE]

From watching the pre tourny games and the last three even the fundamentals are missing.  I wouldnt wanna be watching the video of that one.  I counted 6 turnovers in the first off no look or soft back handed passing.  

as for Fucale, i doubt anyone has seen as many of his games as i have live and on the local channel that covers the mooseheads.  Hes an average goalie.  He can have strings of great play but his overall game is very avg.  the US, Sweden and Russian teams will pick us apart on the PP.  Our pk has been dreadful and in these tourneys there is a lot of calls.  The pk stinks!  

Our depth up front looks as bad as our backend.  I think Dumba is our worst player and hes our NHL loaner.  

Im hoping for a big turn around.  In a tourny like this you need a goalie to lead you.  Canada doesnt have this.  Its needs special teams to be air tight and as mentioned the pk stinks.  It also requires to keep it simple at times and this team is turning over the puck waaaaaay too much.  

PS i think it was a huge mistake not taking Domi.  Our secondary scoring also pretty smelly. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

From watching the pre tourny games and the last three even the fundamentals are missing.  I wouldnt wanna be watching the video of that one.  I counted 6 turnovers in the first off no look or soft back handed passing.  

as for Fucale, i doubt anyone has seen as many of his games as i have live and on the local channel that covers the mooseheads.  Hes an average goalie.  He can have strings of great play but his overall game is very avg.  the US, Sweden and Russian teams will pick us apart on the PP.  Our pk has been dreadful and in these tourneys there is a lot of calls.  The pk stinks!  

Our depth up front looks as bad as our backend.  I think Dumba is our worst player and hes our NHL loaner.  

Im hoping for a big turn around.  In a tourny like this you need a goalie to lead you.  Canada doesnt have this.  Its needs special teams to be air tight and as mentioned the pk stinks.  It also requires to keep it simple at times and this team is turning over the puck waaaaaay too much.  

PS i think it was a huge mistake not taking Domi.  Our secondary scoring also pretty smelly. 

[/QUOTE]

Keep this up and Torts might hire you! ;-D

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly ! Agree on how badly this team was put together.

Tomorrow the U.S. still has to play to win it but from what we saw so far I don't think Canada wins.

Goal tending - advantage U.S.A

Defence - advantage U.S.A

Secondary scoring - advantage U.S.A

Special teams -  need I say more.

p.s. If Canada does pull it off would mean a total different team showed up to play 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

PS i think it was a huge mistake not taking Domi.  

[/QUOTE]

It's been a while for you but here goes...........I think you're right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] Maybe Griffin Reinhart returning to the line-up will help Canada. I'm still cheering hard for them as well, but they can't just expect to show up and win, they have to play hard from the drop of the puck and stay disciplined. They start the penalty parade early they will be out of it in no time versus the USA. [/QUOTE]

Canada always gets up for this game, emotions are high. Discipline is key because these IIHF refs like to call it tight. I expect its a close game if Canada stays out of the box.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] Maybe Griffin Reinhart returning to the line-up will help Canada. I'm still cheering hard for them as well, but they can't just expect to show up and win, they have to play hard from the drop of the puck and stay disciplined. They start the penalty parade early they will be out of it in no time versus the USA. [/QUOTE]

Canada always gets up for this game, emotions are high. Discipline is key because these IIHF refs like to call it tight. I expect its a close game if Canada stays out of the box.

[/QUOTE]

Should be a 4-2 type game.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

PS i think it was a huge mistake not taking Domi.  

[/QUOTE]

It's been a while for you but here goes...........I think you're right.

[/QUOTE]

I like it better when you and i ignored each other.  Your fresh new vibe is tired.  But keep the personal attacks coming   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly ! Agree on how badly this team was put together.

Tomorrow the U.S. still has to play to win it but from what we saw so far I don't think Canada wins.

Goal tending - advantage U.S.A

Defence - advantage U.S.A

Secondary scoring - advantage U.S.A

Special teams -  need I say more.

p.s. If Canada does pull it off would mean a total different team showed up to play 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of the above.  I think individually we have star names.  But as a team they flubbed.  Zero chem and they keep changing looking for the right fits.  Its too late to do all kinds of juggling.  Looks like canada could draw russia in the first round of playoffs.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Canada showing some life after their goal.  Looks like it's going to be a game afterall.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Canada showing some life after their goal.  Looks like it's going to be a game afterall.

[/QUOTE]

Very slow start for Canada, but 2 posts & a goal and we got us a game.Should be a good third period.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Throw in how well Fucale has played as well. Looks like Sutter said something about the US having way to many clean entries, that stopped in the 2nd. Canada has started connecting much better on their offensive zone passes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Round Robin Game, so I'll reserve judgment, but hey - read back through this thread and you'd think the Canadians had no shot.

I know there's what you've seen and what should be, but Sutter's done a very good job of this WJHC thing before.  I think he has an idea for how to build a team and when that team should peak.  That day wasn't today, but this is a step in the right direction.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Great game by Fucale,kept Canada in it until they got going.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Had my Team Canada jersey on, with #12, IGINLA. Must have been good luck.

Exciting game, the US plays a solid game, and don't give up too many good scoring chances. I don't know if Fucale was the only reason that Canada won, but he did make a few excellent saves, especially the break-away with 4 minutes left. 

Hopefully this will be the 2 teams in the Finals (and same result). 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Round Robin Game, so I'll reserve judgment, but hey - read back through this thread and you'd think the Canadians had no shot.

I know there's what you've seen and what should be, but Sutter's done a very good job of this WJHC thing before.  I think he has an idea for how to build a team and when that team should peak.  That day wasn't today, but this is a step in the right direction.

[/QUOTE]

this is the 1st complete game Canada has played.  Game against Germany doesn't count.  Like I said only a different Canadian team would have to show to beat the U.S. than the team that played prior.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this is the 1st complete game Canada has played.  Game against Germany doesn't count.  Like I said only a different Canadian team would have to show to beat the U.S. than the team that played prior.

[/QUOTE]

Excluding the first period of course,USA was all over Canada in the opening stanza. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Its almost getting as bad as the womans 2 team tourny.  Sweden, russia, usa and canada in wjc.  

[/QUOTE

Ya, let's just send these 4 teams to the semis and forget that there have been a few upsets along the way. 

You missed some good hockey by the other countries if you still feel this way.