World Juniors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

World Juniors

Not sure if anyone is watching the pre-tourny games but Sweden is dominating the Canadian Team and are getting Forseburg and another top end player prior to the start on boxing day.  They look like the best team hands down.  Im not overly impressed with Canadas defense.  Also looks like outside the top 6 fwds they may have issues.  

Good luck to team Canada and team USA.  Some great hockey ahead.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: World Juniors

Wonder if there will be any coverage of it in Arizona....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think leaving Domi off Canada is gonna hurt.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sweden is the country to beat in both the World JRs and the Olympics. Sweden has some of their best players returning from last years U20 Silver medal team. The US got off 38 shots on Sweden the other night but were only able to score two.

US is going to have some trouble scoring but their goaltending is good. I wouldn't be suprised if they don't medal. Want to see a good showing from Grzelcyk this year. 

Hope Drouin is able to play love watching him get into the open ice is always fun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sweden is the country to beat in both the World JRs and the Olympics. Sweden has some of their best players returning from last years U20 Silver medal team. The US got off 38 shots on Sweden the other night but were only able to score two.

US is going to have some trouble scoring but their goaltending is good. I wouldn't be suprised if they don't medal. Want to see a good showing from Grzelcyk this year. 

Hope Drouin is able to play love watching him get into the open ice is always fun.

[/QUOTE]

If they got 38 shots thats a much better effort then Canada.  They look like a junior c team compared to the swedes today.  They better pick it up.  Looks like 5 def for first game.  And why would they take a guy whos suspended for the first 3 games.  Its not a 60 gm tourney And hes not that good.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's one of the 1st exhibition games Shup, still have to work the kinks out. Plus they just traveled all the way over to Sweden. Canada always gets it together fot this tournament, always will. 

As long as CCCP doesn't win i'm happy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have a computer don't you Book?  :p

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

A lot of crying going on right now:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=439597

For god's sake it's just a pre-competition game....lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=696715&navid=DL|NHL|home

Great article on the 2005 WJC tournament. The list of names, that played, is a who's, who of todays NHL. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=696715&navid=DL|NHL|home

Great article on the 2005 WJC tournament. The list of names, that played, is a who's, who of todays NHL. 

[/QUOTE]

Awesome!! Thanks Dawg. I remember watching that tournament. Bergeron and Crosby were simply unreal!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The United States begins defense of its gold medal against the Czech Republic on Thursday at 11:30 a.m. ET (NHLN-US, NHL.com)."

There yah go BadHab, set your DVR.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=24221

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=696912&navid=nhl:topheads

Gilles is going to need to be good this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Riley Barber just selected as USA captain.  I'll give you three guesses why I like him Sandog...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:[QUOTE] Riley Barber just selected as USA captain.  I'll give you three guesses why I like him Sandog...[/QUOTE]

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=694549

Freakin RedHawks are everywhere for Pete's Sake. All kidding aside I see a big WJC for Riley!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Grzelcyk wearing an 'A'.

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/news_article/show/322305?referrer_id=701370

Interested to see how Chelmsford's own, Jack Eichel does.  Kid just turned 17 in October, not draft eligible until 2015.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE]

Grzelcyk wearing an 'A'.

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/news_article/show/322305?referrer_id=701370

Interested to see how Chelmsford's own, Jack Eichel does.  Kid just turned 17 in October, not draft eligible until 2015. [/QUOTE]

Hopefully he keeps up those John Gaudreau type dangles. Their offense is going to need it. I like the Goalie, Gillies, from Maine a lot!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not to PC: Do not select any draft eligible U20 German defenders!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

Not to PC: Do not select any draft eligible U20 German defenders!

[/QUOTE]

Is that a new Reul?

2-0 USA over Czechs early.  Barber and Butcher with PP goals. Grez and Eichel with assists.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Anyone have a list of Bruins prospects to watch for?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone have a list of Bruins prospects to watch for?

[/QUOTE]

Grzelcyk - USA

Arnesson - Swedan

Cehlarik - Slovakia

I think that's it...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:[QUOTE]

Anyone have a list of Bruins prospects to watch for? [/QUOTE]

Also watch Jack Eichel, he's undrafted and is going to dazzle in this tournament.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

USA looking solid.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

3-0, goal from Fasching

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

USA looking solid.  

[/QUOTE]

Canada-Germany was too early for me.  I saw the score, but was it pretty much a spanking?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

USA looking solid.  

[/QUOTE]

Canada-Germany was too early for me.  I saw the score, but was it pretty much a spanking?

[/QUOTE]

Still didnt look good after 1 period for me.  I dont like the goaltending or the depth.  Its swedens tourny to lose.