World Juniors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: World Juniors

There needs to be a mercy rule put in. Poor Norway gets demolished by Russia 11-0.

Mercy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Thanks for the prospect info Sdog and fletch

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The only bad thing about the World Juniors is the beatings in the first round. After that, not much equals it when it comes to athletes in this age group.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only bad thing about the World Juniors is the beatings in the first round. After that, not much equals it when it comes to athletes in this age group.

[/QUOTE]

Its almost getting as bad as the womans 2 team tourny.  Sweden, russia, usa and canada in wjc.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Both Eichel & Grzelcyk pick up assists in the 5-1 win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE]

Both Eichel & Grzelcyk pick up assists in the 5-1 win. [/QUOTE]

Eichel and Barber looked real good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Its almost getting as bad as the womans 2 team tourny.  Sweden, russia, usa and canada in wjc.  

[/QUOTE]

Not a fan of single elimination, but accept it. It's still the 2nd greatest hockey on the planet. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Tsk.....Tsk... a World Juniors thread with a 2nd round Bruins prospect ( Linus Arnesson ) playing and not one mention of what they think of them.

Well I'm Canadian and I watch the kids play. It's obvious that some of you Americans are too busy just being American and enjoying the Texas and Florida weather so I'll help you out.

Here's my impressions of him. Nothing flashy, won't put up the precious points, solid stay-at-home defenceman. I do really like in the games I've seen how he focusses on covering his man when he's around his own net.

Now .........back to getting your sunburns.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tsk.....Tsk... a World Juniors thread with a 2nd round Bruins prospect ( Linus Arnesson ) playing and not one mention of what they think of them.

Well I'm Canadian and I watch the kids play. It's obvious that some of you Americans are too busy just being American and enjoying the Texas and Florida weather so I'll help you out.

Here's my impressions of him. Nothing flashy, won't put up the precious points, solid stay-at-home defenceman. I do really like in the games I've seen how he focusses on covering his man when he's around his own net.

Now .........back to getting your sunburns.

[/QUOTE]

You're late to the party.  The whole first page of this thread took place before Sweden had played a game.  We talked America and Canada because they had played.

Finally watched some of the Sweden game last night.  Arnesson looked solid to me, and quiet in a good way for a D-man.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Feel bad for Germany another drubbing today, now they have to play the US on Sunday. Ceharlik is on the 2nd line for Slovenia had two assists today. Man if the Czechs and Slovenia had stayed one team they might have had a chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

You're late to the party.  The whole first page of this thread took place before Sweden had played a game.  We talked America and Canada because they had played.

Finally watched some of the Sweden game last night.  Arnesson looked solid to me, and quiet in a good way for a D-man.

[/QUOTE]

Sweden had two pre tournament games on TSN.  

I forgot that ESPN has beach volleyball rights. I was late to that party. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Feel bad for Germany another drubbing today, now they have to play the US on Sunday. Ceharlik is on the 2nd line for Slovenia had two assists today. Man if the Czechs and Slovenia had stayed one team they might have had a chance.

[/QUOTE]

Thought maybe you needed some help on this one .

Slovenia is not in the tourney. They are called Slovakia. It used to be called Czechoslovakia when they were one..............not Czechoslovenia.

TSN announcers were saying that Cehlarik was on the first line ( not second )with Marko Dano to collect the 2 assists. 

Big, fast with some offensive flair to his game is what I saw.

P.S.......Judging by all the incorrect info, you have a ways to go before your reports are anything like Badhab's ( which was very good I might add ).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Thought maybe you needed some help on this one .

Slovenia is not in the tourney. They are called Slovakia. It used to be called Czechoslovakia when they were one..............not Czechoslovenia.

TSN announcers were saying that Cehlarik was on the first line ( not second )with Marko Dano to collect the 2 assists. 

Big, fast with some offensive flair to his game is what I saw.
    P.S.......Judging by all the incorrect info, you have a ways to go before your reports are anything like Badhab's ( which was very good I might add ).[/QUOTE]

15 Mario Lunter — 20 Marko Daňo — 22 Peter Cehlárik

Thankfully I didn't watch the TSN feed, they got it wrong. Reway and Kolena are on the first line then Cehlarik comes in for the powerplay. That is their 2nd line, above, straight from someone who actually watches the game.

You got it wrong! Thanks for doing the only thing you are good at on here - spell checking.

EDIT:

SLOVAKIA

David Griger - Milan Kolena - Martin Reway

Peter Cehlarik - Mario Lunter - Marko Dano

Every blog, website and discussion board have these lines. Keep watching TSN.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Chowdah's reappearance with his snappy new attitude is getting tiresome.  You sound like the teenagers you watch play all the time.  What's going on with you?  

Instead of the info about junior players that used to be so appreciated here, all you do is make fun of everyone.  Poorly.  

I don't watch ESPN, or exhibition games between teenagers at 5 a.m.  I watch the tournament.  Your comment that we should have watched Arnesson before they played a tournament game made no sense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Plutnar only got 2 minutes for this. McDavid is a punk!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Canada down 2-1 to the Czechs after 2, despite looking like the better team to me.  

Weird end to the 2nd with McDavid firing a slap shot into the Czech net well after the final horn and then the Czech d-man plowing through a linesmen to get to him (huh?).  Haven't seen the penalties yet.  Punkish behavior by both guys there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Plutnar only got 2 minutes for this. McDavid is a punk!

[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it.  Shame on both guys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This is a really good game!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Holy Czechs, great game.  Might light a fire under the Canucks...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Great game. Can't stand TSN's headline on the article for this game though - the word "Dominator" should only be used to refer to one particular Czech hockey player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Fucale getting the call against Slovakia next game. Curious to see how he does.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE] Fucale getting the call against Slovakia next game. Curious to see how he does. [/QUOTE]

Holding up so far and the Slovaks are much better offensively than the Czechs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Nice come back by Canadians,next game against  USA tommorow should be a good one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

As a Canadian there is no way this team is gonna win anything.  I dont think they win another game.  How is Dumba in the nhl.  More turnovers then a timbit game by canada.  Goalies weak, defense very slow looking and weak.  Fwds they have 2 lines they can rely on.   

Swden vs USA is my call with Sweden taking gold.  

I almost turned todays game off thats how bad they were.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a Canadian there is no way this team is gonna win anything.  I dont think they win another game.  How is Dumba in the nhl.  More turnovers then a timbit game by canada.  Goalies weak, defense very slow looking and weak.  Fwds they have 2 lines they can rely on.   

Swden vs USA is my call with Sweden taking gold.  

I almost turned todays game off thats how bad they were.  

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree, nothing i have seen this tourney has me believing they will win it.Had big time trouble with the Czechs who in turn were beaten by Germany. Sweden is looking very solid, will watch the Canada?USA game tomorrow and hope for the best but i'm vey skeptical.