World Juniors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: World Juniors

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a Canadian there is no way this team is gonna win anything.  I dont think they win another game.  

From now on just watch the games...........and don't think out loud.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:[QUOTE] Great game by Fucale,kept Canada in it until they got going.[/QUOTE]

Gave his players confidence as he shut the door. Fucale keeps playing this way Canada could take the Gold.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As a Canadian there is no way this team is gonna win anything.  I dont think they win another game.  

From now on just watch the games...........and don't think out loud.

[/QUOTE]

Chowda. Ive never blocked anyone.  You might be the first.  After all the turds that have come and gone it would be a nice crown for you.  I dont even believe this is the real chowda.  After watching canadas first 3 games they stunk.  They played a tentative first then really played a solid 40.   I have nothing further to say to you.  When fletch says you have become a reject you really should rethink your posts.   You have turned into an ambulance chasing clown.  Please dont reply to my posts. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

Its almost getting as bad as the womans 2 team tourny.  Sweden, russia, usa and canada in wjc.  

[/QUOTE

Ya, let's just send these 4 teams to the semis and forget that there have been a few upsets along the way. 

You missed some good hockey by the other countries if you still feel this way.

[/QUOTE]

Got to agree With Chowdah, shupe. The Czechs, Finns, and Slovaks all played some pretty solid hockey. One of the Czechs and Finns will be at least in the Semis, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Slovakia knock out Sweden.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kitchener's comment:[QUOTE] Great game by Fucale,kept Canada in it until they got going.[/QUOTE]

Gave his players confidence as he shut the door. Fucale keeps playing this way Canada could take the Gold.

[/QUOTE]

Kitch San.  Fucale was the key.  Lets not forget griffin.  He was very solid back there.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

as for Fucale, i doubt anyone has seen as many of his games as i have live and on the local channel that covers the mooseheads.  Hes an average goalie.  He can have strings of great play but his overall game is very avg.   

Im hoping for a big turn around.  In a tourny like this you need a goalie to lead you.  Canada doesnt have this.

---------------------------------

That very average goalie on your local channel just stole a game for Canada. 

btw if he is what you say he is................why was he picked for Team Canada ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

Its almost getting as bad as the womans 2 team tourny.  Sweden, russia, usa and canada in wjc.  

[/QUOTE

Ya, let's just send these 4 teams to the semis and forget that there have been a few upsets along the way. 

You missed some good hockey by the other countries if you still feel this way.

Got to agree With Chowdah, shupe. The Czechs, Finns, and Slovaks all played some pretty solid hockey. One of the Czechs and Finns will be at least in the Semis, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Slovakia knock out Sweden.

[/QUOTE]

Czechs arent going to make the playoffs are they?   They beat a team canada team that isnt clicking.  I thought germany had edge on them. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

as for Fucale, i doubt anyone has seen as many of his games as i have live and on the local channel that covers the mooseheads.  Hes an average goalie.  He can have strings of great play but his overall game is very avg.   

Im hoping for a big turn around.  In a tourny like this you need a goalie to lead you.  Canada doesnt have this.

---------------------------------

That very average goalie on your local channel just stole a game for Canada. 

btw if he is what you say he is................why was he picked for Team Canada ?

[/QUOTE]

Read above.   Please dont reply to my posts.  Yup.  I said he can be streaky.  He won a memorial cup as well after posting great numbers.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

Czechs arent going to make the playoffs.  They beat a team canada team that isnt clicking.  

[/QUOTE]

The Czechs already made the playoffs - they play Finland in the quarters. USA plays Russia, so at least one of your four teams is out before the semis. Canada, despite not a great year so far plays the Swiss, so they have an easy road to the semis, and Slovakia plays Sweden and I don't think that's a gimme for Sweden.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] Great game by Fucale,kept Canada in it until they got going.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Kitch San.  Fucale was the key.  Lets not forget griffin.  He was very solid back there.  [/QUOTE]

I would have to add that whatever Sutter tweaks were made in between the 1st n 2nd period would be as well. Canada was a completely different team after.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Czechs arent going to make the playoffs.  They beat a team canada team that isnt clicking.  

[/QUOTE]

The Czechs already made the playoffs - they play Finland in the quarters. USA plays Russia, so at least one of your four teams is out before the semis. Canada, despite not a great year so far plays the Swiss, so they have an easy road to the semis, and Slovakia plays Sweden and I don't think that's a gimme for Sweden.

[/QUOTE]

Red, chowda is chasing a few of us around for some reason.  Im sure you watched the pre tourny games as well as the first three against teams that never beat the big four.   Canada played a very good game today but they havent looked sharp at all.  

Russia USA Canada and Sweden are the big four.  Sure one of them are gonna be knocked out. Heck maybe finland makes the gold medal game.  the big four usually own these tournies.  There is some really good hockey being played.  I was thrilled for germany beating the czechs. It was their stanley cup.  World juniors is some of my favorite hockey.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Wow Shupe , you're a big boy.  This is virtual !!! 

I know you love to play ping pong and not very good on moving on, in the end this just a forum behind your keyboard.   There 's some here I can't stand and can go back forth with them all day , 7days a week , if that ever happens I'll have to hang myself.  Shupe, don't commit virtual suicide. 

You know what, I don't mind at all Chowdah's come backs , even if some I don't agree with, at least it's adding a little spark and debate on here.  It's not like he doesn't know anything about hockey like some trolls.  Name calling ? move on, ignore it.

p.s. I still don't like Scheifele

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

USA/Russia game turning into a poweplay-fest. 

Man, the Russians go down easy.  Two 2nd period 5-3's have them ahead of USA 4-3 in the 3rd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow Shupe , you're a big boy.  This is virtual !!! 

I know you love to play ping pong and not very good on moving on, in the end this just a forum behind your keyboard.   There 's some here I can't stand and can go back forth with them all day , 7days a week , if that ever happens I'll have to hang myself.  Shupe, don't commit virtual suicide. 

You know what, I don't mind at all Chowdah's come backs , even if some I don't agree with, at least it's adding a little spark and debate on here.  It's not like he doesn't know anything about hockey like some trolls.  Name calling ? move on, ignore it.

p.s. I still don't like Scheifele

[/QUOTE]

BsL, you have been gone too long.  Rarely do i care what a person says, actually never bc its a blog site  the new version of chowda does nothing but chase regulars and blasts their thoughts.  He offers no opinions of his own bc it could be challenged.  Go ask San, NAS, Fletch.  I can play ping pong with the best of them and can go hunting everytime he posts.  Its an option in my virtual war games.  But there are so many excellent posters i enjoy chatting with.  San for example is someone i constantly throw barbs with.  And i enjoy the laughs.  Dez is another who has my respect even if we've blown a topic to the point of insult on occasion.  why?  Bc they offer their own opinions as well.  Chowda offers nothing.  

After the pre-tourny and first three games canada looked very bad.  He comes in after a solid final 2 periods to throw it in my face.  Its like betting on the redsox now that they won.  I still dont think canada will win from what ive seen.  

Chowda and i used to ignore each other.  I liked it that way.  He obviously wants the ping pong champ to reply to all his posts.   he went from solid poster to ambulance chasing pauly.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

So glad Canada avoided a Russian team looking ready to make a run.  They played sweden the best ive seen yet in this tourny.  

I was hoping US would get by them.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A shame for the US, who looked really good earlier in the tournament.  So it goes.

And a reminder why the N. American teams should be rooting for each other and always appreciating the style of game played here.  The way hockey should be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A shame for the US, who looked really good earlier in the tournament.  So it goes.

And a reminder why the N. American teams should be rooting for each other and always appreciating the style of game played here.  The way hockey should be.

[/QUOTE]

Watching the russians celebrate at the end bothered me.  I didnt like it.  USA is always my 2nd favorite.  Their program is constantly excellent now.  They had a scary good team.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE]

USA/Russia game turning into a poweplay-fest

Man, the Russians go down easy.  Two 2nd period 5-3's have them ahead of USA 4-3 in the 3rd.[/QUOTE]

Terribly inconsistent IIHF refs. After the that US couldn't right the ship and had chances.

Now I root for Canada.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Man, the Russians go down easy.  Two 2nd period 5-3's have them ahead of USA 4-3 in the 3rd.[/QUOTE]

Terribly inconsistent IIHF refs. After the that US couldn't right the ship and had chances.

Now I root for Canada.

[/QUOTE]

Russians know how to dive.  I dont complain about refs but they have been bad.  let the kids decide it.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It seems like it's often an issue when the US or Canada play certain European/Russian teams.  That's why I root for Canada after the US are out.  It's just more honest hockey.  I think the Russians know the tendencies of the international refs and the reputation of USA/Canadian hockey.  Go down a lot and you're likely to get a lot of powerplays.  It worked out today and I hope it doesn't work against Canada.  I'm a fan of physical hockey, not the finesse and penalty-drawing of soccer.

On the other hand, the Russians sure finished their chances and the US didn't.

Didn't care much for the taunting/celebrating either, but that's Russia.

Go Canada.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It seems like it's often an issue when the US or Canada play certain European/Russian teams.  That's why I root for Canada after the US are out.  It's just more honest hockey.  I think the Russians know the tendencies of the international refs and the reputation of USA/Canadian hockey.  Go down a lot and you're likely to get a lot of powerplays.  It worked out today and I hope it doesn't work against Canada.  I'm a fan of physical hockey, not the finesse and penalty-drawing of soccer.

On the other hand, the Russians sure finished their chances and the US didn't.

Didn't care much for the taunting/celebrating either, but that's Russia.

Go Canada.

[/QUOTE]

I hate when the Russians go on that way, but those two Howiter's Zadorov scored were Weber & Chara's territiory! I thought 'Wow, he got a hold of that one!" Then the 2nd one looked even harder! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Canada sure loves drama.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Canada sure loves drama.  

[/QUOTE]

They never make it easy for themselves that's for sure! A hot goalie can do so much for you. Nyffeler sure is making a name for himself up to this point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Now I root for Canada.

[/QUOTE]

Russians know how to dive.  I dont complain about refs but they have been bad.  let the kids decide it.  

[/QUOTE]

Shupe it's a trait all Euro teams are good at not just the Russians, and actually encouraged by their coaches .. Recent Canada game, think it was against Slovakia and a clear dive and embelishment by their player who faked he was hurt drew a penalty and is seen smiling and laughing on the bench and coach comes and gives him a pat on the shoulder "good job" 

It's disgraceful...win and lose with honour....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Swedes are dominating and are in cruise control. What do the IIHF refs do ?

Make it a powerplay-fest! They don't get how to call games that are close nor out of reach.