Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's

I always liked Sergei Samsonov when he was on the Bruins earlier in his career. At 32, I still think he has lots left in the tank & did show flashes of his old self while with the Hurricanes. I think if the price is right, I don't think it would hurt to have him back. He made 2.5mil last season, he could probably be had for 1-1.5 this year. It has to be better than the Benoit Pouliot signing which I am still shaking my head at. Would anyone welcome Samsonov back to Boston at the right price?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's

I'd be ok with like $1.5 with no guarantees.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

No!  I always hated him and his incessant puck-hogging "skills".  Skating circles for 2 minutes with no passing only to fall down dizzy or be breathed on and give up a scoring chance because the rest of his line-mates are confused from watching him.  He would NOT fit in with this team at all.  No thanks, move along, nothing to see here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

No, he would take away a spot from Pouliot, Caron, or another rook. You know what you're going to get with Samsonov, that's the problem.

I think Pouliot could be a surprise while I'd like to see one of the guys from the A come up and impress.

If the Bs add anyone, I'd expect it to be a solid 2 way player that can play against opposing top forward lines, Samsonov doesn't fit that bill. Let Seguin fill the roll that Samsonov would.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I agree with NR, I stated in another post I would love to see the bruins add drury to fill some of the leadership void left by Recchi, but theres not enough spots for the guys we already head..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Samsonov would be better served auditioning for Skating with the stars.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

NO, although I would take him at minimum wage on a tryout.  I'd be dissapointed if 13 of our Forwards didn't beat him out for roster spots.  If I were him I'd be looking for something more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

No.  All set.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

nope......move on!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's:
    [QUOTE]No!  I always hated him and his incessant puck-hogging "skills".  Skating circles for 2 minutes with no passing only to fall down dizzy or be breathed on and give up a scoring chance because the rest of his line-mates are confused from watching him.  He would NOT fit in with this team at all.  No thanks, move along, nothing to see here.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

You're way off big! Sammy; when given the right players to work with always produced. The GAS line was one of the best in the league. In the 97-98 play-offs he was the only Bruin who averaged a point a game. In Montreal he ended being the patsy for Kovalev's mood swings! Yes; he had his enigma moments; but until recently there wasn't a lot of Russian players who came along & didn't have those moments. Larionov was probably the only one in my memory that always laid it out there. Since the Russian kids have started to come play JR. You see them have more consistency in their game.

Yes; Samsonov hung on the puck too long sometimes; but the coaches also told him to play to his strengths; which was puck possesion. However; even though I think he could bring something to a team? The B's isn't one of them. Unless; it gets close to the end of the season & if for whatever reason the kids in the B's system aren't doing what is hoped. Sammy could be brought in like Satan was & maybe play a role. They only way I'd say to bring him in now; is if he's accept a 2-way & I don't think Samsonov; or Neil Abbot are willing to go that route yet.

Although; the curious side of me would really like to see what a guy like DK could do with Samsonov.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's not fit for the third or fourth lines and certainly isn't good enough to make the Stanley Cup champs top two lines.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Would anybody be open to Samsonov returning to the B's:
    [QUOTE]I always liked Sergei Samsonov when he was on the Bruins earlier in his career. At 32, I still think he has lots left in the tank & did show flashes of his old self while with the Hurricanes. I think if the price is right, I don't think it would hurt to have him back. He made 2.5mil last season, he could probably be had for 1-1.5 this year. It has to be better than the Benoit Pouliot signing which I am still shaking my head at. Would anyone welcome Samsonov back to Boston at the right price?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Why would you shake your head at signing a 4th overall pick whose only 24 & still has time to be better for 1yr @ 1.1?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Youre right, Im way off.  Samsonov is still an incredibly productive player.  Hell, he's better now then when he was on the GAS line (my favorite line & favorite players of those days) even 13 years later.  But wait, why has he been moved around so much in the past 5 years (5 different teams)?  Oh, right, because he only puts up about 40 points a year.  He hasnt cracked 50 points since his last year here, 5 years ago.  Samsonov is a mere shadow of his former Bruins glory days.  I have no interest in Samsonov being a Bruin again, and it appears that so far nobody else but you does either. 

Satan was brought in as a veteran sniper and produced.  Samsonov isnt the same type of player as Satan.  Never was.  And I dont think Sammy has ANY leadership qualities.  He seems like the guy who never says anything and just sits in the corner.  I dont see him helping this team in any possible way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I don't think he'd provide improvement at whatever place he slotted to. No thank you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I loved him while he was here. He was on mostly poor teams but every game I attended he always did something where i would ask my buddy's if they saw that. Earlier in his career he was an east-west guy, now I think he is more north-south. While he wont be up for a Selke anytime soon i do think his game has matured some, before he thought he could stick handle his way through anyone but has learned he can't in the NHL. I would love to see him back, he is entertaining and I'd welcome him back for no other reason than to help the power play which he no doubt would do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Youre right, Im way off.  Samsonov is still an incredibly productive player.  Hell, he's better now then when he was on the GAS line (my favorite line & favorite players of those days) even 13 years later.  But wait, why has he been moved around so much in the past 5 years (5 different teams)?  Oh, right, because he only puts up about 40 points a year.  He hasnt cracked 50 points since his last year here, 5 years ago.  Samsonov is a mere shadow of his former Bruins glory days.  I have no interest in Samsonov being a Bruin again, and it appears that so far nobody else but you does either. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    Excuse me? Where did I say I wanted him to be a Bruin again? Is said IF's in there. And why r u contradicting yourself? You said you hated the guy & never liked him; but the GAS line was your favourite lines & had your favourite players. So; which is it?

Your post sir; implied that Samsonov NEVER was good! That's what I was referring to!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

only if you bring back big joe lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

The GAS line was my favorite line, but Samsonov skating in circles ALSO made me hate him.  I loved him when he didnt do it, but he always did it at some point.  When he wasnt on the GAS line, he drove me absolutely nuts, almost always.  I guess that is contradictory, sorry, but thats the truth.  His game hasnt gotten better, its gotten much worse.  He is one-dimensional and when I watch him today he makes me remember the times I hated his game.  He plays a lot more of that game today.  He did brilliant things at one time, but not anymore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Youre right, Im way off.  Samsonov is still an incredibly productive player.  Hell, he's better now then when he was on the GAS line (my favorite line & favorite players of those days) even 13 years later.  But wait, why has he been moved around so much in the past 5 years (5 different teams)?  Oh, right, because he only puts up about 40 points a year.  He hasnt cracked 50 points since his last year here, 5 years ago.  Samsonov is a mere shadow of his former Bruins glory days.  I have no interest in Samsonov being a Bruin again, and it appears that so far nobody else but you does either.  Satan was brought in as a veteran sniper and produced.  Samsonov isnt the same type of player as Satan.  Never was.  And I dont think Sammy has ANY leadership qualities.  He seems like the guy who never says anything and just sits in the corner.  I dont see him helping this team in any possible way.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

So Samsonove didn't help the Oilers go the cup finals in 06; nor help the Canes get to the CF's in 09? I remember him scoring at least two big goals against the B's in that series.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Geezus man, whats your point?  You like the guy and said youd like to see him back and asked if others thought the same.  So far, one other person maybe?  Do I think he helped those teams every night, all season, all playoffs:  No.  Do I think he scored some good points at the right times:  Yes. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think he'd provide improvement at whatever place he slotted to. No thank you.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

So Samsonove didn't help the Oilers go the cup finals in 06; nor help the Canes get to the CF's in 09? I remember him scoring at least two big goals against the B's in that series.                     

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I said I'd be okay with it... not that I am jumping up and down saying lets get Samsonov back!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

hes a traitor just like his pal joe thorton we dont need him

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

No to Samsonov, and to all European has beens. The Bruins just proved it takes gritty North American players(along with a select few European's) to grind it out and win the Stanley Cup.