Would the real Milan Lucic please stand up!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

Would the real Milan Lucic please stand up!?

When he's playing well, he's one of the Bruins best assets out on the ice. Unfortunately, he hasn't played well for most of the season and last night he was at his worst. Somehow, his hands are now worse than Paille’s and he must have turned over the puck at least 50% of the time he touched it last night. 

Does anyone have any insight or theories what the hell has happened to him?

I’m also interested why, in most of the “line” proposals I’ve seen on this board, almost everyone keeps him on the first line (excluding asmaha (2nd line) and jenken14 (3rd line))? He’s killing us up there! 

Please Looch - we need you for a deep playoff run!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

Re: Would the real Milan Lucic please stand up!?

In response to winthecup's comment:

In response to UCONN's comment:

When he's playing well, he's one of the Bruins best assets out on the ice. Unfortunately, he hasn't played well for most of the season and last night he was at his worst. Somehow, his hands are now worse than Paille’s and he must have turned over the puck at least 50% of the time he touched it last night. 

Does anyone have any insight or theories what the hell has happened to him?

I’m also interested why, in most of the “line” proposals I’ve seen on this board, almost everyone keeps him on the first line (excluding asmaha (2nd line) and jenken14 (3rd line))? He’s killing us up there! 

Please Looch - we need you for a deep playoff run!

Yeah i don't get what's going on with him,just hoping he wakes up for Playoffs,but he never has before,even the year they won cup,wouldn't say he was one of Bruin's best players,and last year he was pathetic like the way he has played most games this year.If he doesn't wake up in playoffs i would be looking to move him.But let's hope he proves us all wrong.

Slight technicality, but I didn't say he's one of our best players, but one of our best assests. The distinction being that when his offensive game is on AND he's and hitting everyone in sight (which he is still doing to some extent), he can disrupt the other team's player like few others can.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I have been woundering about Lucic for a while ..

If i remember he did miss a game for personal reasons earlier in the year i wounder if there are any health issues with his child or wife? That could understandably be a huge distraction.

He just has not been there mentally for sometime now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveeB. Show SteveeB's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

I have been woundering about Lucic for a while ..

If i remember he did miss a game for personal reasons earlier in the year i wounder if there are any health issues with his child or wife? That could understandably be a huge distraction.

He just has not been there mentally for sometime now.

Lucic is just awful :( May be a personal problem? Julien needs to move Lucic to 3rd or 4th line, and move Segs to #1 line. The league gave the B's a warning 2 yrs ago, to stop playing on the edge, as the other teams were complaining about their style of play, ever since then, Lucic stopped fighting & hitting with authority? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It probably wouldn't hurt to move him for a while in order to take some of the pressure off him.  He needs to just go out there and have some fun again (sorry for sounding like Pierre).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Frustrating team right now - so much potential and so little consistency.  Lucic has been awful - somewhere between ineffective and non-interested - but the original post, here, has Lucic's hands being worse than Paille's.  Don't insult Paille who works as hard as anyone on the team right now and who scored a gem with his hands against NJ the other night.

Yes, demote Lucic but replace him with a leftwinger, not a rightwinger (as was suggested on another post).  Put Paille with Krejci and Jagr - speed, skill, and puck control - for the top line.  Until Bergeron and Marchand can return, play Lucic with Kelly and Seguin and try to light a spark, with Kelly being the responsible center.  Bring back Spooner (emergency recall) and center the kid with Peverley and Horton and try to light sparks for both wingers.  Leave Campbell with Caron and Thornton, so he can fill in at center as needed late in the second or third periods (he's so versatile).  Leave Pandolfo in Boston or Albany or wherever.

Just my thoughts.

The team seems in no-man's land - they're injured (Bergeron, Marchand, just-returned Kelly, three-quarters McQuaid), they have under-performing Peverley (but consider the various linemates he's had to endure since Kelly went down, and before) and Ference, they're still experimenting with Caron, and they just played 3 games in 4 nights again ... I know that other teams have too.

Lucic needs to step up big time - the team's identity is hanging in the balance - but there's a ton else that needs to improve or change.  More central than Lucic, in my opinion, is the health of Bergeron and Marchand.