Would you trade our two 1st rounders for...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Would you trade our two 1st rounders for...

Rick Nash?

Would two 1st's and a prospect be enough?  He is the type of guy Boston has been missing since Cam Neely retired.

I would gladly give up Hamill and our 1st round picks for someone like Rick Nash

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

Re: Would you trade our two 1st rounders for...

In Response to Would you trade our two 1st rounders for...:
    [QUOTE]Rick Nash? Would two 1st's and a prospect be enough?  He is the type of guy Boston has been missing since Cam Neely retired. I would gladly give up Hamill and our 1st round picks for someone like Rick Nash
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Salary implications aside, yes, I would. Who wouldn't? I think Nash is the 2nd best forward in the league, behind Crosby. If you watched the Olympics last year, you know what I'm talking about.

The problem is he's signed forsomething like 7 more years at $8 million per season. ANd he's also the face of the franchise in Columbus, so in that regard, he probably has more value to them than he would to us.

But from a mere talent standpoint, that deal is a cinch. More realistically, I think it might take something like Lucic and our two first rounders. But even that problem wouldn't pry away the face that's on all the billboards over there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

YES I WOULD .....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Two 1sts, a 2nd, Wheeler and Hamill...done lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Would you trade our two 1st rounders for...:
    [QUOTE]Rick Nash? Would two 1st's and a prospect be enough?  He is the type of guy Boston has been missing since Cam Neely retired. I would gladly give up Hamill and our 1st round picks for someone like Rick Nash
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]
    Sure I would but you'd more likely have to start with 2-1st rounders along with  Wheeler and 1 or 2 prospects(Hamill,Colborne,Sauve,Spooner,etc).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

TO1st + Krejci + Bos 1st 2012

If they want another pick include it. If they want another player swap Stuart for a Dprospect.

Yes I would do all of that for Nash. If they would even consider trading him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Nash is going nowhere get it straight he is their franchise player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I would do all of these in a heart beat

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I always said Nash could do more damage here in Columbus, if he had a #1 partner. Well, he doesnt and he still has 25 goals this year. Imagine what he could do in Boston....BTW, his brother, who I play with in the mens league, here in Columbus, isnt too shabby. So if Rick gets traded, then we will lose his brother too. Boston will get two Nash's for the price of one.....Even though his brother wont ever play in the NHL. Very odd the separation in talent between the two...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I wouldn't.  Toronto's pick could be a #1 over all.  That player maybe might end up being better than Nash.   I'd be willing to take that gamble.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Would you trade our two 1st rounders for...:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't.  Toronto's pick could be a #1 over all.  That player maybe might end up being better than Nash.   I'd be willing to take that gamble.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I know you love the picks BadHab, but are you serious?

Nash is worth a lot more then this year's #1, even if he's #1 overall.  Any GM would make that deal in a heartbeat, except Columbus.

Nash is a proven stud, and if he was surrounded with even better players would be top 10 in the NHL. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you trade our two 1st rounders for... : I know you love the picks BadHab, but are you serious? Nash is worth a lot more then this year's #1, even if he's #1 overall.  Any GM would make that deal in a heartbeat, except Columbus. Nash is a proven stud, and if he was surrounded with even better players would be top 10 in the NHL. 
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

OK, I sobered up and I have to admit you're right. 

Then again, once you have a good long hard look, it will take more than any price in this post to get him.

There are guys who are at or close to the salary cap.  And there are guys who are at the salary cap who are worth more.  And Nash is one of those guys.

He is untouchable.

Yah, I've done a 180 on the subject.

Nash might be traded, but look for that deal to happen at or about the 2016 season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yes I would.  No they wouldnt. 
    Wheeler replaces the franchise?  Along with players that might be NHL ready and producing in 3-4 yrs.  For the best power fwd in the game.
    It likely would take Lucic/Krejci/2 1st rounders.  And no I am not kidding.  And the scarey thing I think they would still say no.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I wouldn't trade the Toronto pick if the team can pick up a solid defenseman for the future.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Yes I would.  No they wouldnt.  Wheeler replaces the franchise?  Along with players that might be NHL ready and producing in 3-4 yrs.  For the best power fwd in the game. It likely would take Lucic/Krejci/2 1st rounders.  And no I am not kidding.  And the scarey thing I think they would still say no.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

This is turning into all the ways the deal couldn't happen even if Columbus were willing to talk about it.  Yah, it would take that kind of deal, but then you're doing to trade a core of guys for one player, and you can't do that either.  Say he gets hurt stepping out of the shower or something.

So even if, the price would be so high it would be a risk.

Just another way of spinning the ways the deal can't happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

I wouldnt make that trade for Nash.  I like Nash, but...that hefty salary is going to cripple you for a looooooong time, and I share the same points laid out by Bad Hab, too (although we seem to be in the minority).

How 'bout a player, a pick and a prospect for Eberle from EDM?  Say,TOR 1st+Wheeler+Colbourne (Alberta boy) for Jordan Eberle.  The rumour(s) this past summer had EDM offering PC Eberle, Hemsky and Cogliano for our 2010 #2 from TOR (Seguin) so maybe they'd still consider moving him (Love that kid, he is money, 100% clutch player)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nash is Colombus's meal ticket their attendance is already bad so no don't see the Blue Jackets ever letting Rick go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Eberle, Hemsky, and Cogliano for our 1st?  I liked Seguin, but Jesus, I would have pulled the trigger.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Yes.
    ...and I'd throw in Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, and Sebastian Telfair.
    I know its a basketball analogy, but to get a bona fide superstar? Yes, I'd trade the picks...and a player (real player, not a Wheeler/Ryder take my junk player).

But I'm just an armchair GM, what the heck do I know?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from totr2. Show totr2's posts

I live in Edmonton. I guarantee all of you, Eberle is going nowhere for only Seguin. Eberle has already proved he will make most, if not all defensemen in the NHL look pretty silly. He also has the grit in his game. Do you know what Seguin has? I don't think he's played enough in Boston to prove he is dominate status yet. Don't get me wrong, I believe in the kid, but Eberle has already shown he has it all.

You don't want Hemsky. He is a great talent, but to soft. What I mean by that is, he get hurt a lot these past 2 seasons. But I do think he will be traded if the Oilers can get something decent for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you trade our two 1st rounders for... : OK, I sobered up and I have to admit you're right.  Then again, once you have a good long hard look, it will take more than any price in this post to get him. There are guys who are at or close to the salary cap.  And there are guys who are at the salary cap who are worth more.  And Nash is one of those guys. He is untouchable. Yah, I've done a 180 on the subject. Nash might be traded, but look for that deal to happen at or about the 2016 season.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, Nash isn't going anywhere soon.

Still, BadHab, I admire your faith in your own players and what the picks might bring.  Means your a true Bruin fan with lots of optimism regarding your team, and rightfully so.

The Bruins are close, they don't have to sell the farm, they simply need to find the right package to get them the 1 or 2 players that puts them over the top without giving up their core. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I live in Edmonton. I guarantee all of you, Eberle is going nowhere for only Seguin. Eberle has already proved he will make most, if not all defensemen in the NHL look pretty silly. He also has the grit in his game. Do you know what Seguin has? I don't think he's played enough in Boston to prove he is dominate status yet. Don't get me wrong, I believe in the kid, but Eberle has already shown he has it all. You don't want Hemsky. He is a great talent, but to soft. What I mean by that is, he get hurt a lot these past 2 seasons. But I do think he will be traded if the Oilers can get something decent for him.
    Posted by totr2[/QUOTE]
    Eberle isn't any better than Seguin or Hall in the overall scheme of things.He's just one important year older.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt make that trade for Nash.  I like Nash, but...that hefty salary is going to cripple you for a looooooong time, and I share the same points laid out by Bad Hab, too (although we seem to be in the minority). How 'bout a player, a pick and a prospect for Eberle from EDM?  Say,TOR 1st+Wheeler+Colbourne (Alberta boy) for Jordan Eberle.  The rumour(s) this past summer had EDM offering PC Eberle, Hemsky and Cogliano for our 2010 #2 from TOR (Seguin) so maybe they'd still consider moving him (Love that kid, he is money, 100% clutch player)
    Posted by CelticBear68[/QUOTE]

Funny.  I believe you actually saw, in the Oil Change special on TSN, a trade conversation between Oiler brass and someone where that someone said the conversation starts with Eberle.  The Oilers put down the phone and had a laugh at their table - of course they want Eberle!  If you saw that rumour from a legit source, the source is no longer legit.  No way the Oilers offered Eberle to anyone let along with two other players for a single pick, Seggy or not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Yep, Nash is the face of the BJ's. Anyone here in CMH, even if you dont know anything about hockey, you at least can name Nash to the team. He is a player everyone knows here in Columbus....I dont see him going anywhere.

Ok, so my coworkers, who none follow hockey at all, I just asked them all to name one persone on the BJ's and they all said Nash....Even knew his first name. Im impressed. Again, I dont see him leaving. Cracks me up...how everyone knows Nash....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not convinced Eberle = Seguin let alone > Seguin.  This year's numbers mean squat.

I know BadHab's already re-visited this - but Nash was a legit "hit" #1 overall talent. He is still young, healthy, now has several years of NHL experience, and you would hope he'd be motivated to play on a big stage for real prizes. 

The only time an un-spent #1 overall is worth more is if there's a Crosby or Ovechkin on the board for whoever "earns" that pick.