Would you want Gonchar back in Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Would you want Gonchar back in Boston?

Many media reports have mentioned Ottawa putting Gonchar on the trading block.   What are your thoughts on PC looking at that option?

Yes, he is having a horrendous year, almost 37 years old, and is locked up for two more season at 5.5 per.  BUT...how much of his play is related to just being on a bad team in general?  He is only one year removed from being a 50 point player in just 62 games with Pitt.  About a 65+ point season pace, which is more points than any Boston forward is even going to end up with this season.

He instantly makes Boston's powerplay better, which is where they need the most help. 

His long term cap hit shouldn't be an issue with Ryder, Reechi, Wheeler? coming off the books after this year, and productive wingers in the system to step in and replace them for minimum wage (Sauve, Caron, ect...) next season. 

Gonchar is not very good defensively, but Boston have enough quality stay at home defensmen to counteract that somewhat.

Considering Ottawa would partly be willing to deal him as a salary dump,  he might come at a much cheaper price than a Kaberle or someone along those lines.  May be a little bit of a gamble, but I wouldn't mind this one.  PC needs to take some chances now and then.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

Re: Would you want Gonchar back in Boston?

In Response to Would you want Gonchar back in Boston?:
    [QUOTE]Many media reports have mentioned Ottawa putting Gonchar on the trading block.   What are your thoughts on PC looking at that option? Yes, he is having a horrendous year, almost 37 years old, and is locked up for two more season at 5.5 per.  BUT...how much of his play is related to just being on a bad team in general?  He is only one year removed from being a 50 point player in just 62 games with Pitt.  About a 65+ point season pace, which is more points than any Boston forward is even going to end up with this season. He instantly makes Boston's powerplay better, which is where they need the most help.  His long term cap hit shouldn't be an issue with Ryder, Reechi, Wheeler? coming off the books after this year, and productive wingers in the system to step in and replace them for minimum wage (Sauve, Caron, ect...) next season.  Gonchar is not very good defensively, but Boston have enough quality stay at home defensmen to counteract that somewhat. Considering Ottawa would partly be willing to deal him as a salary dump,  he might come at a much cheaper price than a Kaberle or someone along those lines.  May be a little bit of a gamble, but I wouldn't mind this one.  PC needs to take some chances now and then.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

no thanks, no more over the hill d-men

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Would you want Gonchar back in Boston?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Would you want Gonchar back in Boston? : no thanks, no more over the hill d-men
    Posted by sclifton_4_freespeech[/QUOTE]

i endorse this statement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

No Thank You Very Much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

No way. Didn't work last time and wouldn't this time either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's always a greasy glitch in the Matrix this time of year....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Agree....forgetaboutit!
    Doc
    In Response to Re: Would you want Gonchar back in Boston?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you want Gonchar back in Boston? : i endorse this statement.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Considering the Canucks have lost 3-4 D recently (including both of their top PP d'men) and their (former?) status as the favorite in the west, I think Vancouver would be Gonchar's most likely destination.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Don't rule out Kaberle to Vancouver if he'll waive his no trade clause.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Well considering our PP is brutal I would have given this a look.  The fact he played here previously makes me think he wouldnt be a good pick up.  Especially in the system the B's play under. 

Its not a terrible idea but I believe someone in the West looks at him.  Detroit always have a way of landing guys like him and then they play forever.  ie. Larry Murphy.  In a puck possession game with all that skill he would be an ideal pickup for the Wings

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

No way.  No way and No way never and never again

How could you evan ask.  the cap cost after this season is way tooooooooo much for him

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh I'm sure Murray is trying to unload both Kovalev and Gonchar good luck they were both terrible signings way overpriced.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

To Ottawa: Wheeler,Stuart,Hamill and Tor 2nd rd pick

To BOS: Neil,Kovalev,Gonchar and Stanley Cup...

I don't have my calculator for cap space, but I would love to see this happen.