Your Predictions for finals + explanations (less than 100 words)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Your Predictions for finals + explanations (less than 100 words)

Bruins in 6 !

I like seing them as the underdog (pressure again on Canucks)
    5 on 5, Boston best team in the league, and they prooved it during playoffs
    PP can't be as bad as it did so far
    Games in Vancouver, Lucic should be a key element

AMEN and now drop the freakin' puck

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: Your Predictions for finals + explanations (less than 100 words)

In Response to Your Predictions for finals + explanations (less than 100 words):
    [QUOTE]Bruins in 6 ! I like seing them as the underdog (pressure again on Canucks) 5 on 5, Boston best team in the league, and they prooved it during playoffs PP can't be as bad as it did so far Games in Vancouver, Lucic should be a key element AMEN and now drop the freakin' puck
    Posted by Bruinsforever[/QUOTE]

Bruins in 7.

I like them starting on the road since it puts the pressure on the home team and the B's are strong away from home. All they really need to do is come away with a split from the first 2 to really make Van. sweat.

I like Lucic as well to clinch the Cup for Boston with a goal for the ages in Game 7. Hometown boy crushes hopes of fellow Vancouverans. Irony just too perfect, not to mention Neely getting the ultimate revenge against the organization that traded him away.

Bruins avoid excessive penalties to keep Canucks PP at bay. There will be lapses, of course. This Van. team is too good to think the Bruins will dominate evry game, but the B's will win the close ones...and 4 out of the 7.

Huge series from Marchand, Bergeron (face offs), Peverly, and my man Seguin, who becomes a Boston sports legend at the age of 19...shades of you-know-who.

Ryder shows up for at least one game and wins it.

Bruins channel '04 Sox: "Idiots On Ice. "

That is 90 words.

Go Bruins!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Bruins in 7  IF :

TT takes one game....

WE get 3 games from the Bruins that resembled game 7 of the TB game.

Go Bruins Go !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I might as well go nuts and try to be specific....and laugh about it later:

Bruins in 6.

Game 1: B's stun overconfident Canucks and win 4 - 2.
              goals by: Lucic (2), Marchand, Kelly; Raymond, Burrows

Game 2: Canucks come back with strong performance and win 5 - 2.
              goals by: Bergeron, Ryder; H. Sedin (2), D. Sedin, Kesler, Burrows

Game 3: Bruins use homecookin' to the delight of the crowd in a 4 - 1 win.
               goals by: Horton, Seguin, Krejci, Chara; Torres

Game 4: Canucks regain home-ice with a 4 - 2 victory.
               goals by:  Boychuck, Marchand; Salo, Raymond, Bieksa, Kesler

Game 5: Bruins take pivotal game with thrilling 5 - 4 OT win.
               goals by:  Bergeron (2), Horton, Lucic, Seguin (GW); D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Higgins, Torres

Game 6: B's learn from past failures in close-out games and win 5 - 1 in best performance of the playoffs.
               goals by: Lucic (2), Recchi, Krejci, Ryder; Kesler

Will be fun to look back at this and see how close or wrong my pics are!  LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Canucks in 7

They have too much firepower but I would love to be wrong

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Bruins in Seven.  It’s an excellent matchup.  It won’t end in less than 6 barring a complete melt down in goal.  I do worry that in game 7 Vancouver would have final shift change.  We saw how important it can be for teams to put first line skill players on the ice, when our top pair is on the bench.  It’s like opponents sense opportunity and raise their game.  Ultimately the reasons why the Bruins pull it out; 

·         Depth of talent  and number of players playing at a star level

·         Claude’ systems (5v5 anyways)

·         Tim Thomas

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Bruins in 6

1. The pressure will be too much for Luongo and the Canucks. Ccanucks willl lose only cause of their goalie. Thomas has a good feel for pressure. SO I think goalies will be the difference in this series.

2. Special Teams. B's need to stay out of the box. If they can do this and score on the PP themselves. It will be huge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Bruins in 6

I think it comes down to the 3rd and 4th lines, and Boston's are just that much better - 43 points vs. 13 points. Boston's depth pulls it out for them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Your Predictions for finals + explanations (less than 100 words):
    [QUOTE]I might as well go nuts and try to be specific....and laugh about it later: Bruins in 6. Game 1: B's stun overconfident Canucks and win 4 - 2.           goals by: Lucic (2), Marchand, Kelly; Raymond, Burrows Game 2: Canucks come back with strong performance and win 5 - 2.           goals by: Bergeron, Ryder; H. Sedin (2), D. Sedin, Kesler, Burrows Game 3: Bruins use homecookin' to the delight of the crowd in a 4 - 1 win.            goals by: Horton, Seguin, Krejci, Chara; Torres Game 4: Canucks regain home-ice with a 4 - 2 victory.            goals by:  Boychuck, Marchand; Salo, Raymond, Bieksa, Kesler Game 5: Bruins take pivotal game with thrilling 5 - 4 OT win.            goals by:  Bergeron (2), Horton, Lucic, Seguin (GW); D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Higgins, Torres Game 6: B's learn from past failures in close-out games and win 5 - 1 in best performance of the playoffs.            goals by: Lucic (2), Recchi, Krejci, Ryder; Kesler Will be fun to look back at this and see how close or wrong my pics are!  LOL!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

I love and heartily approve of this scenario...let's hope we look back on it and you're right in the overall conclusion if not the exact details ;-)

Go Bruins!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Very evenly matched teams.

It will be about who makes the least mistakes.

I don't care, Bruins overachieved and are fine by me no matter what the results of the finals.

And they are facing the best team in the league, best goals for and against regular season.  It's a ll order to expect this club to win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BRUINS in 6 ...

Because I've been predicting since last year ...3 Stanley Cups in a row ..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bruins are a very good road team, and I like the bruins in 6. Same commitment as versus Tampa, but no meltdowns or Boychuck give aways. Timmy should play better than he has, limiting his rebounds, and leaving his passing the puck, on the bench. Solid games from 3rd and 4th lines. Hopefully the pregame reviews by all, including Chiarelli, Neely, will improve Claude's decisions during the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4FortheCup. Show 4FortheCup's posts

Van in 6

Too much talent ! but who knows? KEEP ON BELIEVING! GO BRUINSSSSSSSSSSS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Bruins in 6

Not exact...but this gives you the gist of where my brain is on this series...

Boston 3-2 (EN)
    Vancouver 6-3
    Boston 3-0
    Vancouver 6-2
    Boston 4-3 (OT)
    Boston 3-1 (EN)

#18 is the theme of the series.

Teams even out with 18 goals apiece, but Boston's wins are in tight games while Vancouver has two breakout games.

Refs let them play, with each team awarded 18 power plays over the course of 6 games. VAN goes 4-for-18 for the series (22.2%), while Boston tallies 3-for-18 (16.67%). In the end, not much of a factor.

Thomas is hot and cold. He steals one with a shutout, but also has a couple high-scoring games (similar to the Tampa series). The close games has him letting in some soft goals, but coming up HUGE as the game goes on...much like he has before.

Boston wins an exciting pivotal Game 5 on the road (OT goal by #18 - who else?), then stuns everyone by playing another textbook Game 6 to shut out the series at home. Regardless of how, I see Boston winning 2 straight to claim the series as opposed to the previous TB/MTL scenarios of letting the other team take a game before closing it out.

Once again, we look at this series for Boston and no one player or line stands out. The KHL line contributes every game but doesn't dominate any one. Another game has significant contributions by the 3rd line. Bergeron and Marchand go off for a game. Defense gets some scoring to fill in the gaps.

Conn Smythe goes to Bergeron.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Canucks are the more talented team. My heart says Bruins, my head says Canucks in 6. Boy I'd love to be wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bruins in 6.

Van will come out flat by believing in their own press about how good they are and Thomas will steal the last two....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

Tim Thomas has set out to prove everyone wrong this entire season. He will win the cup with help from Marchand, Bergeron and I think Ryder will show up big time in this series.  I think the Bruins are good enough to win the cup 7.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4FortheCup. Show 4FortheCup's posts

In Response to Re: Your Predictions for finals + explanations (less than 100 words):
    [QUOTE]Canucks are the more talented team. My heart says Bruins, my head says Canucks in 6. Boy I'd love to be wrong.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Agree

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nick+Danger. Show Nick+Danger's posts

What time and on what channel is tomorrow night's Bruins Game 1 on? I'm hoping it's on NBC, because I'm out of town, and hotels don't get Versus.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Believe it is NBC for first two games and then Versus for games 3,4 than all NBC for the if neccessaries.
    My prediction is the better team will win; the Bruins have been playing some of the best team hockey I've seen in a long time, backed up by Tim Thomas when they skrew up. So, if the hockey gods give them a favorable bounce or two, I look for the Bruins to lift the Cup.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Bruins win a very hard fought series in 6 games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Bruins in 6. Call it a homer pick. Yes they have more 'talent' but that talent hasn't done very well over the regular season against the top of the Eastern Conference.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclemiltie42. Show unclemiltie42's posts

WE HAVE IT ALL RIGHT HERE IN BOSTON  PLUS TIMMEY IS ON OUR SIDE THATS JUST  THE WAY ITS GOING  DOWN....BRUINS WIN IT ON HOME ICE IN SIX.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Bruins in 7

3 words. Chara, Thomas, Bergeron.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

My theory.

GM1: 5-1 Nucks
    Bruins come out sleeping. Nukcs get 4 goals in the first period and Horton gets in a fight. 2nd period is even and B's dominate the 3rd scoring a goal and gaining momentum.

GM2: 3-2 Bruins
    Bruins strike early.Then with 10 mins left in the first Lucic runs Bieksa and Bieksa does not get up. Lucic does 2 for Boarding/Charging and Bieksa does not return. Bruins score 2 more in short order in the first then hold on to that lead for the rest of the game.

Game 3:  4-3 Nucks. Kesler scores a hattrick in the first 2 periods but then Boychuck catches him with a clean but vicious hit and Kesler sits out a period but returns but is clearly hurting. Bruins score 3 but can tie the game up.

With the loss of Bieksa and Kesler injured the B's win the next game in a close and exhausting 2ot Thriller. Then in game 6 the Bruins win  4-1 handily with KHL line dominating as the Kesler can no longer shut them down.

Post series kesler admits to having a nagging injury as a resutl of the boychuck hit.