Are the Heat for Real Yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet?

They worry me a bit but 1 through 10 the Celtics are stronger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

Are the Heat for Real Yet?

They've gone on a 5 game tear. However, they only played one legit team in that span. Prior to that, they went 1-4 when playing 3 playoff teams...

Are the Heat for Real?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet?:
    [QUOTE]they are putting it together against awful teams. when they can beat dallas, spurs, celtics, and lakers in a 3/4 game trip, then i will say they are for real.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

I seem to recall in 2008 the Celtics adding Posey, House, Rondo, Cassell, Brown, Allen and Garnett "on the fly" and doing okay!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : Fierce---they will...give them time. Does not happen overnight.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

He's not Fierce34, I am.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Just a week ago, you guys trashing the heat.

I said, they will adjust, learn little by little and it will be our nightmare come May-June.

Don't get scared....still December....but it will come.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

Yeah, Heat are the super team of the future.  I could see in a few year's time them dominating so much they don't even snicker at these early struggles.  However, right now, the great teams of this decade are not yet ready to fade away and will be dominant for at least this year and the next, maybe even a bit longer.  In that time the Heat will develop.  It will be a gradual changing of the guard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Are the Heat for Real Yet?:
    [QUOTE]They've gone on a 5 game tear. However, they only played one legit team in that span. Prior to that, they went 1-4 when playing 3 playoff teams... Are the Heat for Real?
    Posted by bosoxfan5990[/QUOTE]

They definitely are playing better.  If they can start winning games against the teams with the best records, I would say that they are improving. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

when  the Heat put together a string of beating several quality teams they will " be for real." They've had an easy schedule the past 5 games. They lack a good center and a good point guard. The Heat will have a difficult time all season beating teams with a good interior offensive game such as the C's, Spurs, Lakers, etc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I agree with susan250.  They are putting it together against the not-so-good teams but, honestly, that's what they are supposed to do.  They had a good win against Atlanta but without Joe Johnson.

Let's reconvene on this subject after tomorrow's game against Utah.  That will be good test of the Heat but they are looking good against the bad teams.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I still believe that if Orlando can somehow land Melo for Carter and Lewis I still like the Melo/Howard/Nelson hook up better than the Heat.

Then there is the chance that Paul and Melo go to NY to join Amare.

It's not a given that the Heat will even win a title in the next 3 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

No bench, I say they will always have a hard time beating the elite.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The Heat are beating up teams they should beat up. Wade and LeBron are rebounding more because they have too. That's not going to fly against the top tier teams.

They will be good but unless they get to the Finals this year they will continue to be scrutinized.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]they are putting it together against awful teams. when they can beat dallas, spurs, celtics, and lakers in a 3/4 game trip, then i will say they are for real.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

Fierce---they will...give them time. Does not happen overnight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

yes, they are for real...and will still probably struggle to beat the elite teams...but honestly...i figured that they would struggle more against the bad teams in the NBA but they have gone through them like a hot knife through butter

i agree with hedley that depth at PG would be more of an issue had carlos arroyo not been playing so well...and chalmers is getting healthy for the first time this season after having a gimpy ankle all off-season

the center position definitely has hurt the heat this year but i look at the problem this way...all the big bodies are new except for magloire, who hasnt seen a whole lot of playing time thus far this year...so the big guys are still learning to play with the big 3 and role players who also havent been around before...so i think they are adjusting on the fly as well and as the regular season continues...finding passing lanes between lebron, wade and bosh + xyz big guy is going to be mighty difficult come march-april...and they already lead the league in defensive efficiency

god i wish dampier had anything left in the tank...he is a lump on a log...and thats when he is playing and not riding the pine

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

they are putting it together against awful teams. when they can beat dallas, spurs, celtics, and lakers in a 3/4 game trip, then i will say they are for real.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

There has never been any doubt in my mind that they are for real. They are a legitimate team capable of beating anyone on any given night.  They will be better once they get Miller and Haslem back.  However, their lack of depth at both PG and Center, in my opinion, makes them a year away from being contenders for the title.  They will be good, a high seed, but in a seven game series, I just think they are not quite good enough yet.
    Feel free to disagree, but I think they will continue to struggle against really good teams like BOS, LAL, ORL and all others with outstanding PG's.
    Depending upon who they pick up/draft this off-season, they will probably be ready to wreck havoc on the league...............next year.  And, yes, I think Spoeltra will still be the coach!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]if they win tonight ill take them seriously
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]
    111-98 heat

and the heat only lost to the jazz thanks to what could only be considered a miracle comeback the first time

i bet jerry sloan likes lebron and wade on the same team even less now

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]I think they s^ck.  They are cooked as they lost their most consistent player, Udonnis Haslem.  Chris Bosh looks shellshocked.  Is he on something?  Wade looks like he is mourning the death of his team.  LeBron is great and all that but he a lousy teammate and player.  LeBron needs to play in Utah where Jerry Sloan will bench him for playing stupid.
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

i agree. utah is a good team. call thsi payback for the beating in miami i guess.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : IMO, haslem is better than baby...we shall never agree on that i suppose my hopes are not vested in arroyo and chalmers...but its hard to argue with how arroyo has played so far...as for chalmers? if he plays more like his rookie year, than last year...he is above average starter for what hopefully will become a more upbeat heat offense as there isnt a team in the league that could stop a running lebron and wade....half court sets are another story entirely and im not failing to acknowledge the heat's shortcomings...could they have a better center and PG? absolutely they could...but for what they have now, they are still better than most teams by a mile because of wade and lebron and bosh as i said yesterday, i knew the team would take a long while to gel...my guess being january or february before they really start to play their best ball the difference between jones and house? position and height for starters
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

House, Miller and Jones are all very good shooters and severely limited in all other areas.

Arroyo this year, in 22.7 mins is averaging 7.1 PPG
    For his career, he is averaging 18.7 mins and 6.9 PPG

Sorry, not seeing much of an upgrade.  And Chalmers is NOT the starter.  Arroyo has started every game.  How can Chalmers be an above average starter when he doesn't start?  Thought you knew this team like the back of your hand?  22 games, 22 starts for Arroyo, who would be 3rd string on the Celtics, while Chalmers would be fighting Avery Bradley for mins!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I think they s^ck.  They are cooked as they lost their most consistent player, Udonnis Haslem.  Chris Bosh looks shellshocked.  Is he on something?  Wade looks like he is mourning the death of his team.  LeBron is great and all that but he a lousy teammate and player.  LeBron needs to play in Utah where Jerry Sloan will bench him for playing stupid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : You already used this line.................and he's not entitled to have an opinion different from yours?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    yes...i did already use that line...to the cleveland fan who thought their sellout streak was so impressive and while comparing miami fans to cleveland fans...and it fits perfectly because he is obviously very bitter about the decision

but did you even read bias' post to which i commented about? 2 far fetched trades and then the possibility the heat might not win a title in 3 years...

gee...thats an awfully a big limb to climb out on there chief

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : stop listening to bill simmons and watch some actual basketball haslem gets more respect for his game and how he carries himself as a man than big baby could ever dream of big baby? you got that right

Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

You did watched Bill Simmons, I didnt. I watched your clowns and my favorite team, the celtics. Here, these are the stats:

Big Baby - Let me remind you, as a bench:

PPG 11.3

Reb 5.4

FG% .497

Haslem

PPG 8.0

Reb 8.2

FG% .512

Once again, let me make this clear, Big Baby comes from the bench. Also he leads the NBA in charges taken. Stop watching sunshine network son...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

if they win tonight ill take them seriously