Here is why/how the Miami Heat will lose

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Here is why/how the Miami Heat will lose

The time is NOW because you know Riley will upgrade at that spot next year, with the MLE or a trade or the draft!

Don't really think anyone wants to trade with him this year.  Funny, I read on RealGm.com that one of the players he wants is Gibson from Cleveland.  Can't see that happening without Dan Gilbert blowing a gasket!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Compared to the Celtics the Heat have many holes.

They of course do not have a serious NBA level starting center or point guard as mentioned by a few people.

In addition, Bosh is not at KG's level yet, and our players that match up with Lebron and Wade, while they may not be at the Heat's level, represent Celtic strengths as well.  The Celtic Bench, even at reduced strength, is far superior to the Heats bench.

All in all, the Heat will still have to wait for key Celtics to retire, or wait for Celtic injuries to be crowned. Much of the pre-season forecasting was based on KG staying at last year's level, and the feeling that both Oneils were done. Since those issues are obviously not the case, it will take some more Celtic wins against "contending teams" before some of the Heat hoopla dies down.

Hype sells advertising, while the Celtics and and others will compete for a championship.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: Here is why/how the Miami Heat will lose:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here is why/how the Miami Heat will lose : I didn't mention it in the original post, but the point guards that will hurt them are the playmakers.  A guy like Rondo, Rose, or Paul will be able to hurt this team with their passing, rather than a scoring guard like Monta Ellis.  I am curious to see how this plays out when they play Utah, Boston and Phoenix in the upcoming week.
    Posted by elmatador1225[/QUOTE]

I don't consider rose a pass-first pg. not while he's still jacking up 20 shots per game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I agree with you.  The Heat may be a terrific team, but they can't win every game.  They may even have some disappointing losses to some average teams
    this year.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i agree that the PG is the weakness so far...im not really all that concerned with how omeka okafor played because that was pretty much his career effort in one night

but i think chalmers is eventually going to wrestle away the PG spot from arroyo if nothing else, for his defense...because as is right now, arroyo is still handling alot and id rather have the ball in wade or lebron's hands

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

The heat are weak at the PG position. They not real strong in the post, not saying they can't score there. They just don't have the size to match up with some of the bigger teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think the posters here have it nailed. Point guard and center are the heat's achilles heal. 
        I like the picture posted on this blog today of Kathryn Tappen. Ew la la, what a beauty. Maybe I should become a hockey fan just to watch her show.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

One other factor, besides the great point guard play. The heat are weak at center. The Celtics got a good game from Shaq 9 points in 18 minutes, and tonight Emeka Okafor dropped 26 on them, but I think you are right a great passing point guard like Rondo or Paul (18 assists tonight.) Seem to pick the Heat apart (so far at least.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

Here is why/how the Miami Heat will lose

Pondering on how good the Heat really are, I think I have found the one deciding factor to the success of the Heat this year.  I know that the season is young, but looking at their results from games the Heat lost to the Celtics and are losing to the Hornets tonight.  The two keys in these games is that both the Celtics and Hornets have proven and talented point guards.  Although the Heat have the new big 3, they do not have a true point guard.  I think that James may be there best person to run the team in the half court, but it doesn't seem like he wants to be considered as the teams PG.  And now I am not saying that the team is bad, anyone with a thought in their head knows that these guys are going to be able to play against anyone, but if there is one key flaw, it may be that they don't have a player to run their team or defend against a premier PG.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]The time is NOW because you know Riley will upgrade at that spot next year, with the MLE or a trade or the draft! Don't really think anyone wants to trade with him this year.  Funny, I read on RealGm.com that one of the players he wants is Gibson from Cleveland.  Can't see that happening without Dan Gilbert blowing a gasket!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    if i remember correctly...there isnt much the heat can do this year in regards to trading partners...if they do trade for anyone...overall talent wise, it isnt going to do a whole lot to improve the team

personally id like to see chalmers get more time just to see what he can do and if he has any part of the heat's future

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Compared to the Celtics the Heat have many holes. They of course do not have a serious NBA level starting center or point guard as mentioned by a few people. In addition, Bosh is not at KG's level yet, and our players that match up with Lebron and Wade, while they may not be at the Heat's level, represent Celtic strengths as well.  The Celtic Bench, even at reduced strength, is far superior to the Heats bench. All in all, the Heat will still have to wait for key Celtics to retire, or wait for Celtic injuries to be crowned. Much of the pre-season forecasting was based on KG staying at last year's level, and the feeling that both Oneils were done. Since those issues are obviously not the case, it will take some more Celtic wins against "contending teams" before some of the Heat hoopla dies down. Hype sells advertising, while the Celtics and and others will compete for a championship.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]
    A. id say the production you get from big Z, anthony, and magloire are on par with relative averages of other NBA big men who will get more minutes
    B. the celtics bench is about on par with the heats...lets not forget how well james jones has played thus far, in addition to eddie house, Big Z and mike miller waiting in the wings until he returns from injury...and then there is good ol trusty haslem
    C. its still a long, long season...and alot has yet to happen in this season...gonna be a fun ride

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

8 points and 10 rebounds from 3 players isn't exactly great production

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]8 points and 10 rebounds from 3 players isn't exactly great production
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    but when factoring in their stats per 48 played...its about average among most big men in the league...and when you have a superstar at the 2 and 3 and a perennial all star at the 4...the 5 isnt going to garner a whole lot of looks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

First this is going to be a close series but some games may be won by nice margines.  Point center is our advantage but I still think that on a rested night with good vibes that the Celtic big three are capable of beating the Heat big three.  Our biggest problem will be not respecting the other two players which has been out problem this year.  Put in the close calls going to the heat, I say Celtics in 6 or 7.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]The heat are weak at the PG position. They not real strong in the post, not saying they can't score there. They just don't have the size to match up with some of the bigger teams.
    Posted by RajonRondo9Fan[/QUOTE]

Over the last 20 years the Lakers have won 5, the Spurs 4, the Bulls 6.... the Pistons, Rockets, Cs, and Pistons have won titles....... Parker and Billups are the only, what I would consider, good point guards that have won titles.

The rest are BIGS and WINGS....  the Lakers are looking at a 3peat and there is nobody on the planet that would suggest it has anything to do with Fisher.  In their last 3peat it was ummmm..... whomever.... the Bulls won 6 of 8 and their point guards were ummmm Armstrong, Paxson, Kerr.... the Cs carried a 2nd year Rondo to a title.... only Parker and Billups had any real impact on their title teams.......  I think the point guard position is vastly overrated in today's game.... most of the best point guards in the league are not even close to winning a title.  I would go so far as to say that most of the best point guards in the league make sure that their teams are not able to allow their team to get what I would consider the players that will allow them to obtain the players that will win them titles.  Chris Paul destroyed the Lakers over and over again and lost 4 to 2, of course D West being injured hurt them but when all was said and done it has nothing to do with Chris Paul, it has to do with Bynum, Gasol, Odom, and Kobe.... and ummmmm.... no point guards.

I think what we have seen is that guards and forwards have controlled the point of attack and that the 3 point shooters have enabled teams to win titles especially if they have a legit BIG.  Kobe has 5 rings, none without Shaq and Pau.  Parker and Manu have 4, none without Timmy.  Wade has his but not without Shaq.  Billups has his but not without 'sheed, Big Ben, Prince, etc.  Michael has his because of Scottie and a whole bunch of guys including Horace Grant which of course allowed Penny and Shaq be there when Michael was suspended, the other year was Patrick and a bunch of guys, who did they play - Hakeem (no not that Hakeem Kareem David Patrick Perkins) and Clyde the Glide, etc.......

In the last 20 years the point guard is generally irrelevant..... there is a team that will go for a 3peat and the point guard could easily be replaced by at least 15 other guys in the league, so when we look at the Cs going into the finals 3 of the last 4 years and somehow attribute some of it to Rondo it is simply a joke as far as I am concerned.  Put a dozen other point guards in the place of Rondo and they are no worse off and in a lot of cases better and maybe would have won the title last year.......  the biggest shot in the finals last year was Fisher hitting a huge jumper off glass..... Rondo has heard that there is a backboard but generally he focusses on barely catching the rim and causing rebound opportunities for his friend that is no longer on the team.

So somehow if Rondo is going to be the guy, it will be a new trend.  The one in which a vastly overrated point guard that cannot shoot will be more imporant than the best players on his team..... let's just hope that is not the case.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gxs. Show gxs's posts

Unfortunately, Miami is now likely to win. Why? Because they do what the Saints have been punished for: injure opponents deliberately. If you look at the tape of tonight's game in Miami against the Pacers, LeBron's behavior in that incident where Grainger sprained his ankle coming down from a shot, it sure looks like LeBron moved his foot in the way deliberately. 

Then fast forward to where Pittman gave Stephenson a "shivver" to the neck and shoulder. And Oh, yeah! Earlier in the game Haslim was called on a flagrant 1 which should have been called a Flagrant 2. 

Miami just plays dirty. 

When the Celtics advance to play the Heat in the next round, we will really miss Putnam and Powe.