What's with the Lakers schedule?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : If Dr. Buss, the owner of the Lakers, said the Lakers have 16 championships. I think I'll take his word over yours.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I don't think I need the help of any Dr, Dr. Buss, Dr. J, Dr. Ruth or Dr. Phil, to know that

the set of {1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010 } counts to 10

and

{1981, 1984, 1986, 2008} counts to 4

I can't wait to see how you can deny this fact.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You're here to agitate the Celtic fans, is that it?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

No, just having a little fun talking a little basketball with the rival fans. I have seen much of your action here, and much of what you say is intended to agitate other Celtics fans. Is that why you are here?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : No, just having a little fun talking a little basketball with the rival fans. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

Little fun talking basketball? Are you sure you're going to stick with that story?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You really want us to believe the bush league championships in the 60s are significant? 6 rings are enough to be considered the greatest player ever, greater than the player with 11 rings. Go figure.
    Posted by OldFirm[/QUOTE]

Give me proof that before the 1980s the NBA was a bush league. Show us the link.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Laker fans say the Lakers have the best player in the NBA and they have the best frontcourt in the NBA. Now tell me, does that mean that the Lakers are only good for 50 wins every season?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Because they're overrated, and they're a bunch of losers, Championships notwithstanding.  Is that what you want to hear?

Furthermore, I think only teams with 60 wins should play in the playoffs.  This cuts out all the clutter of 50 and 40 win teams because they're terrible anyway.  Therefore, because they were the only 60-win team last year the Cavs should have been crowned the Champs.  There, I solved your issues.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : True of ALL who post here.  It will not change, either. Curious to know why you continue to post here, if we have so many problems, and you are so unhappy.  And don't say it's for laughs, or to read the next stupid comment.........I think deep down you must be very unhappy with some part of your life to continue to post on a website where you are neither respected nor welcome.  Many of us have acknowledged that the lakers were the better team the past two years and deserved to win........don't know what else you want, this is a Celtics forum, and we should be allowed to root for our team, flawed as it is, without interruption on every single post from lakers fans.  Get this - we ALL know how good the lakers are, they are the team to beat again this year and will probably make the Finals again.  That doesn't mean we have to like it, or stop rooting for our own team. I can't continue to respond to you or the glass cow because you are merely antagonists.  Do you know how annoying it is to read your response to every single person who disagrees with you?  Of course we disagree with you, we like the Celtics, and you like the lakers.  It is not a match made in Heaven, by any means.  Both have great history and great teams now.  We were the best for the first 30 years in the league, you have been the best since.  We think we are the superior franchise, you think the same thing.  There is no middle ground, no compromise.  I feel that only a truly sad or friendless person would take on so many posters so violently.  You are like the late Ted Kennedy attempting to speak at the GOP National Convention.  You may get a point in here or there, but no one will really listen or change their mind because of what you say...........I wish you and your team the best of luck, and thank you for the link to the games on computer, but I cannot waste any more of my time defending my team to someone as unhappy and close- minded as you....................best of luck to you!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

When you go on Lakers forums to challenge the faithful, is it because you are unhappy too? Close-minded, ha, what a joke of a person you are. 

Would you like some of your reference material posted as a reminder, so that you can see how much of a flaming hypocrite you are? I can even post Brian Kamenentski's reply that you distorted into an untruth on this forum. 

Your stuff is all over the place, and it is A okay. But when the shoe goes on the other foot, turnabout is not fair play? You wreak with hypocrisy, from head to toe. The fact that you would take the trouble to write all that nonsense, knowing full well what a huge offender you are of everything you just spoke in condemnation of. Un-flipping believable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Think about it, the Suns had HCA in 1993, won 2 in Chicago. Who won the championship? and why? It's left for you as an exercise. And the Celtics actually had the HCA. That's why your lust said: the series won't be back to LA. And think about your illogic: The Magic didn't win 60 games yet they still had HCA throughout the playoffs as of May 15, 2010. The Lakers didn't win 60 yet the still had HCA throughout the playoffs (as it turned out). You realize games 6 & 7 were played at the Staples, not at Quicken, do you? Back in 1997 the Jazz won 64 games yet they still didn't have HCA in the finals. So 60 wins are neither necessary nor sufficient. So, you have no clue how the playoff seeding works. Here are 2 cents. Buy a clue.

You're out of topic. The argument is simple, the Lakers had an easy schedule last year and also this year. Since Laker fans are claiming that they have the best player in the NBA and also the best frontcourt, I don't see why they can't win 60 games every year. It's as simple as that. No clues needed. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

Lakers should win 60 this year.  They won 57 last year.

But who cares, we should win 61 and get HCA!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : The championships in the big-time NBA are more significant than the championships in the bush league NBA. Deal with it. Such is life. 10-4 is a bigger deficit than 13. This is not simple arithmetic, but you'll learn the difference between the two eras.

If Dr. Buss, the owner of the Lakers, said the Lakers have 16 championships. I think I'll take his word over yours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : And you said 60 wins is irrelevant... such a hypocrite... 
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

Ok, I think we need to slow things down for you. Sixty wins IS irrelevant. I am still holding firmly to that contention. 

BUT

You asked me how many wins I think the Lakers will get this season. I told you I think they will get 62. 

NOW

How is any of that hypocritical? Do you know what the word hypocritical means? Do you not think it is possible to think a team has a realistic chance at winning 60 games, while at the same realizing that in the scope of things winning sixty games means nothing more than winning 58 games as long as you get the ring? This isn't Phi Beta Kappa thinking we are taking about here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : The Lakers play a back to back today and tomorrow, so that is just not true. The bottom half of the Eastern conference is the armpit of the NBA, so the Celtics are going to get their fair share of cream puff games too. So many built in excuses, everything is subject to whining and crying by the faithful here. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

The odd thing is that the Celtics are prone to losing games to the bottom part of the Eastern Conference. What I noticed last year was that mentally they were not there when playing against the lower teams. I think they lost to New Jersey last season didn't they?

Had no trouble getting up for the big games though. That's why the win against Miami wasn't a surprise, but their loss to Cleveland wasn't.

I think their big test is coming soon. One more game against Miami and TWO against the Thunder. Those Thunder games have me the most intrigued. Will be interesting to see how they play out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

The fakers from LA..DO have 2 VERY LONG ROAD TRIPS in the mid. and END of season...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

[QUOTE]Dont they play 82 games with the same home and away as every other team? Go figure. Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

no they don't. for example the lakers play the awful clippers more than the Celtics do. the Celtics have already had 1 back to back and will have several more before the lakers have even 1. so it's not about how many home and away games there are since every team has the same amount. he's talking about having 3 days off after the lakers first game while the Celtics have a back to back. or having the schedule front loaded with more home than away. or giving more days off between games than other teams get. or the lakers playing the d  league level clippers and the kings for their back to back while the Celtics open with the heat then the next night play a tough cleveland team on the road. see the point yet?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : So man up and tell us your prediction on how many games the Lakers will win this season.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Enough to make the playoffs......!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : And you dare not respond to the necessary nor sufficient logic? Can't blame you for that, since you have no basis on the 60 wins. BTW, I see no reason why the big 3 can't win 51 either. So why didn't they? Don't give me lame answer of "that's why they play game 7 at Staples". That's the consequence,  not the reason.

So man up and tell us your prediction on how many games the Lakers will win this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Laker fans say the Lakers have the best player in the NBA and they have the best frontcourt in the NBA. Now tell me, does that mean that the Lakers are only good for 50 wins every season?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Now you reduce 60 to 50? Is this your "arbitrary number of the day"?

Tell you what. The best player in the NBA and the best frontcourt in the NBA are good for 16 particular wins 2 years in a row. We'll take that any time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You rely on Google? Tell me, when you google the "greatest player ever", who show up? and why was he since he only had 6 rings as compared to Russell's 11?

Why are you changing the subject? You said the "Big-Time Era" so I googled it and couldn't find it. 

So Michael Jordan is considered the greatest player of all-time, duh! He's not even a Laker.

You're spinning and twisting the issue. Typical troll response.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : If you think educating you is disrepect, I can't help it. Afterall, you should worry about improving your self esteem than anything else... And you call this "get beat up or stabbed"? I mean, when you folks getting shut up on aruments (like why the abritrary 60W,  about "the golden age of the NBA" or Headless' "no injury to Bynum no Gasol" or "Lew Alcindor's only loss in college is to Elvin Hayes") is beating me up, please do it more. I can't wait for more such "stabbing". Simple, did your relative know about your constant whining on the game 7 free-throws?

OldFart, you're the one with low self-esteem. I'm a Celtic fan who doesn't need to go to Laker forums to talk trash. I don't need to educate any NBA fan. You really think you can convince Celtic fans to agree with Laker trolls? If you think you can then you're crazy.

After the Lakers won Game 7 I congratulated the Laker fans on this board and moved on. I'm not one of those who kept whining about the FT discrepancy of Game 7. Get your facts straight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If I had thought this thread would be infected with Laker fans I would never have started it.  My only point was the schedule for them was starting so easy. Their pathetic presence on this board is a minor annoyance but begs the question over and over what is wrong with these losers. Go on a Laker BB somewhere where Kobe is not a pampered racist but a hero and Paul Gasol was brought to you in an incredibly intricate deal where Laker personnel just outsmarted all other suitors. And where Ron Artest is not mentally ill but a really good guy.  We can live with you here but what is wrong with all of you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

oldFirm, the antagonists you mentioned - would you bother w/ this board if not for them?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]The mere fact that you're not adhering to the truth makes you a joke. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_champions The NBA started in 1980?  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Ummmm.... that's interesting. Care to which part of 10-4 since 1980 (the Big time Era) is not the truth?

Oh, you don't like the phrase "big time era"? Try "Modern era":

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2009/09/10-greatest-nba-champions-1-95-96-bulls/

"With this season’s NBA Finals behind us, I decided to take a look back and rank the greatest NBA Championship teams in the modern era(post 1980)."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ac-6923976

"Modern Era Stars The Bird-Johnson rivalry catapulted the NBA into American living rooms on a regular basis"

Or how about the "golden era":

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/06/30/free.agency/index.html

much like Jordan, Bird and Magic did during the Golden Era,

Care to cite where I said the NBA "started in 1980"?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Spoken like a true 1234 guy.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I was gonna go with 5678 but I figure guys like yourself couldn't count that high.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : I was gonna go with 5678 but I figure guys like yourself couldn't count that high.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

How many points did the Celtics win by against the Heat?

"Celtics by 8 or maybe more" and "Celtics will humble the Heat".  Geez, is it possible to sprinkle a little objectivity and common sense on these predictions?

Re: Predictions vs the The Heat

posted at 10/15/2010 1:04 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=b656ede965456377cbab8a5893736774&plckUserId=b656ede965456377cbab8a5893736774">
    First: 7/11/2010
    Last: 11/5/2010
    "Celtics by 8 or maybe more" and "Celtics will humble the Heat".  Geez, is it possible to sprinkle a little objectivity and common sense on these predictions?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

THE LAKERS ARE THE BEST FRANCHISE BECAUSE JOHN HOLLINGER SAID SO?

Is John Hollinger the Laker Troll god, OldFart?

HAHAHA!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2009/07/10-greatest-nba-champions-7-2008-boston-celtics/