What's with the Lakers schedule?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Why blame me? I'm just pointing it out, the Lakers had an easy schedule last year but couldn't get 60 wins.  What if this year the Lakers get 60 wins, I don't think you will say that this argument is lame because I bet if the Lakers win 60 games this year you would be telling me how wrong I am. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You would be wrong. 

I don't care if he Lakers win 65 games, if they don't bring home a ring, it is of no consequence. Rings are all that matter for this team, at this stage. The Lakers won 57 games last year in the regular season, that is seemingly your cross to bear. For whatever reason, I can only guess it is the only the only thing you have left in a very weak arsenal of nonsensical ways to attack the team. If it matters to you, well then hey, carry on with it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : That right there is an argument that has as much merit as a my boogers are bigger than yours. The relevance is similar, and the sentiment just as meaningless.. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

You say meaningless yet you continue to argue. It must mean something to you because you keep talking about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : In the REGULAR SEASON, Bynum missed 17 games last year, and Kobe missed 9 (most near the end of the year).  Why don't you get YOUR FACTS straight.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Victor does have his facts right.  It's READING that is his problem.  This thread is about the lakers early season cake schedule, and the beginning of the NBA season.  LAST year, Gasol was hurt from playing in the FIBA games, at the beginning of the year.  Bynum and koME got hurt at the end of the year........but we're not talking about the end of the year, we're talking about the beginning.........please read better so you can contribute properly to the thread, instead of going off on typical lakers, irrelevant tangent........can the back-to-back card be far behind?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondo44. Show hondo44's posts

[QUOTE]Dont they play 82 games with the same home and away as every other team? Go figure. Must be part of the great contrived NBA theory that they get every call, every marquee player and more home games than anyone else. Doh!
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]
    Lakers play more home games than everybody else, just asked the Clippers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You would be wrong.  I don't care if he Lakers win 65 games, if they don't bring home a ring, it is of no consequence. Rings are all that matter for this team, at this stage. The Lakers won 57 games last year in the regular season, that is seemingly your cross to bear. For whatever reason, I can only guess it is the only the only thing you have left in a very weak arsenal of nonsensical ways to attack the team. If it matters to you, well then hey, carry on with it.

That's because the Lakers are paying Kobe 24.8m, Gasol 17.8, and Bynum 13.8m this year. At that price 60 wins every season should be the minimum. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Why from the beginning? Quick, who won the most NFL championships from the beginning? don't look now. Everyone knows that the Steelers won 6 SBs, Cowboys and 49ers 5. Why do you think people don't remember the 1930s NFL championships? Of course you want to count the dark ages because that would give you an edge, but since the NBA got to big-time after the Bird/Magic era, you totally lost the edge. 10-4. How many championships did the Celtics won from 2009-10? or from 1987-2002? You want to play random years? you are on.
    Posted by OldFirm[/QUOTE]

Do research first.

Super Bowl in the 1930s? 

HAHAHA!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

[QUOTE]Boston Fans.. where loyalty is a weapon!  The funny thing about my bretheren in this region, they no nothing beyond their own teams, except maybe a one or two obvious rival teams.  Ask them something truely basketball related about the Sacramento Kings or Charlotte Bobcats and you'll get a bunch of snide or cut down remarks as a way of deflecting their total ignorance to the actual subject.   In essence, Boston fans are pretty much laundry lovers, like a gang banger.  Wearing green and being front runners.  Pride has its rules!     
    Posted by SShoreLurker[/QUOTE]

"no nothing?"  do you mean KNOW???

what a ridiculous comment to make..................I'll bet I know more about the league and basketball than you do

try me

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Why blame me? I'm just pointing it out, the Lakers had an easy schedule last year but couldn't get 60 wins.  What if this year the Lakers get 60 wins, I don't think you will say that this argument is lame because I bet if the Lakers win 60 games this year you would be telling me how wrong I am. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

And whose criteria is it that the Lakers must win 60 games? The Celtics had the big three yet they couldn't even win 51. So what about 60?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Since you insist that the Lakers should not win 60 games every season then so be it.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Sixty wins is kind of irrelevant when you are winning championships. Regular season win totals are something the fans of the losing teams worry about; obviously.

In the meantime, get to work propping up that 4th seeded 50-32 clunker your favorite team plunked down last season. By your standards the big three isn't so big after all. And the "great" rondo isn't so great either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Hey, at least I have the guts to put on record my prediction. You poor little man, afraid you'll get it wrong?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness, what courage you have, you are a real hero.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

So let's win 60 games, and have the lakers win 59, since it doesn't matter to them.  Then, after disposing of the Heat, we will go to the Finals with HCA.  As "fans" of the lakers, is that what you really want?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    [QUOTE]A opener with the Rockets and then a nice leisurely three day rest and second game with Suns who just played the night before?  Then a hard earned weekend rest before a Sunday game with the dreaded Warriors who just lost Curry.  Hopefully the schedulers stick it to our least favorite down the road.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

The League deliberately cooked up a cupcake schedule so the Lakers can get a heads up on the rest of the NBA.  Is this what you want to hear?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Home court is always preferable, but not getting sixty wins on the way to a championship is still nothing but irrelevant.

I totally agree with you! I also hope that the Lakers will not win 60 games this year. 

How many wins do you think the Lakers will get this year, 52?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : I'm no hero, just a Celtic fan.  Come on, give us your prediction on how many games the Lakers will win this season.  I hate to say this but it's great that a Laker fan admits to the Lakers not being a 60-win team. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]So let's win 60 games, and have the lakers win 59, since it doesn't matter to them.  Then, after disposing of the Heat, we will go to the Finals with HCA.  As "fans" of the lakers, is that what you really want?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Home court is always preferable, but not getting sixty wins on the way to a championship is still nothing but irrelevant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You're a freakin' coward! Put up or shut up! Come on, how many Laker wins this season? What's the worst that can happen if you get it wrong? The Lakers will not win a championship if you get it wrong?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Coward? No. Watching you twist this exercise into something that makes you think you are a man with guts is too funny for me to relent. On the other hand, I wish you would use those so called guts of yours to deal with Perkin's basketball injury like a grown up. You think you can bait me with childish taunts, think again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : I didn't say that.

What The F! You said 60 wins is irrelevant. Flip-flopping are we?

So let's have it then, how many wins will the Lakers get this year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You say 60 wins is irrelevant, then you say the Lakers will not win 60 games. You're full of crap! Give us a number!  Is this a case of I don't want to be wrong in front of all the Celtic fans?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? :   Oh my goodness, what courage you have, you are a real hero.

I'm no hero, just a Celtic fan. 

Come on, give us your prediction on how many games the Lakers will win this season. 

I hate to say this but it's great that a Laker fan admits to the Lakers not being a 60-win team. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : What is all this nonsense?  The Boston Celtics have a record 17 Championships: FACT The Minneapolis Lakers have 5 Championships: FACT The LA Lakers have 11 Championships: FACT The Celtics have won all their rings in Boston: FACT The Lakers have split their rings between Minneapolis and LA: FACT You keep those Championships because you relocated and kept the name Lakers, that's all. Imagine if Seattle's 1979 Championship suddenly belong to OKC because they decided to keep the name Sonics. Is it not the same situation?  Also if the LA Lakers had won any Championships in the 50's and 60's you would obviously claim them as they would be rightfully yours. As it stands the LA Lakers didn't win a Championship until 1972. FACT What this means is that during the 50's and 60's the Boston Celtics beat the entire league including the Minneapolis Lakers since 1957 to 1960 when the LA Lakers were born. Then the LA Lakers proceeded to lose every Finals appearance they played against Boston until 1972 where they beat the Knicks. So, face to face in the Finals: Boston 9, Lakers 3: FACT If you keep denying the importance of the "dark ages" then you deny the importance of "your" Championships and your franchise. And believe I'm not talking about no 60 wins nonsense. I'm talking about rings, as it should be. I'm sorry to say the NBA did not start when you wish it would, it actually began by the Celtics setting it's foundation by beating the Lakers everytime...wherever it is they claim to be from.
    Posted by fiorelladad[/QUOTE]

When I buy a car I buy all the mileage on the clock that's it's done before. FACT.
    When I buy a house I buy all the history that goes with it. FACT.
    If I could buy a sports team, I buy the history that goes with that team. FACT.

Celtics=17
    Lakers=16

FACT!

Next.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Come on! Scared to make a prediction? I say Lakers 52-53 while the Celtics get 56-57.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You are in for a rude awakening, again.

Poor little guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : I will try and go slower for you. I don't know if the Lakers will get sixty wins or not. I really don't care as long as they get the championship. I said the Lakers will win more regular season games than the Celtics. That is my prediction. Above sixty wins, below sixty wins, no matter. They will have a better regular season win total than team social security. Is this clear enough for you? 

You're a freakin' coward! Put up or shut up!

Come on, how many Laker wins this season?

What's the worst that can happen if you get it wrong? The Lakers will not win a championship if you get it wrong?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

You want to go back to ancient history when the league had only 8 teams? If that's what helps you feel better about losing tio the Lakers, more power to you.

But the fact is, the Lakers have been the team of the 2000s with 5 titles to 1 miserable title for Boston. That fact alone must be depressing to many of the Boston faithful.

Another fact: the Lakers are much better this year than last. The pickups of Barnes and Blake and the improvements in Odom and Brown, makes L.A. look unbeatble right now. Imagine when Bynum gets back in 3 more weeks, you'll have a juggernaut on your hands.

And a final fact: Kobe and Bynum were seriously hurt in the playoffs in 2010 and the Lakers were still able to win. If healthy at the end, then I don't see any team beating L.A.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You are in for a rude awakening, again. Poor little guy.

Hey, at least I have the guts to put on record my prediction.

You poor little man, afraid you'll get it wrong?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : More than the Celtics.

Come on! Scared to make a prediction?

I say Lakers 52-53 while the Celtics get 56-57.