What's with the Lakers schedule?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?

Dont they play 82 games with the same home and away as every other team? Go figure.

Must be part of the great contrived NBA theory that they get every call, every marquee player and more home games than anyone else. Doh!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

If I were a Celtics fan, I would have worried about attitude like "we don't get motivated for the regular season" than anything else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : The lakers are the best team in the league until someone beats them.  And while I hope that is us, I really could care less who it is.  I am not irritated any more than you were in 2008!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Actually I wasn't all that irritated with 2008. Rarely does a mid-season acquisition bear the fruit of an NBA finals appearance, let alone a championship. As far as I was concerned, the jump from 42-40 and a 7th round seed, to 57-25 and a first round seed and finals appearance was more than satisfying. Sure another championship would have been better, but where they were at that time was better than the expectations I had at the time. 

In 2009, the expectations were to win a championship, so anything less would have been disappointing. The bummer of that year was that the Celtics didn't make it back. There was a lot of chit talking from the Celtics base about the Lakers Championship not being genuine, because they didn't dethrone the "real" champions. Well, in 2010, they did the the thing. After a year of trash talking where the rivalry simmered at a slow boil for two years, the victory in the rubber match was righteous. Losing that one would have been waaaaay more of a let down, because there was two years of pent up energy that needed to be unleashed between the two teams. 

Now, I am here, doing my part to keep the rivalry burning at a nice simmering boil, hoping and praying you all get back there so that you get whooped again. Of course a loss in this circumstance is bound to sting either party. This one could be pretty large, for both clubs. That all time championship record you Celtics boy hold so tightly to is at risk. Kobe Bryant can get a sixth championship and tie MJ. Phil Jackson can get an unprecedented 4th threepeat, and twelfth title on his own mantle. The Celtics have an opportunity to add a game  lead to their championships record. This is kind of a tie breaker of sorts for this era. This is good stuff.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Did the Lakers get the best record last season?  Laker fans say the Lakers have the best frontcourt in the NBA. But why can't they win 60 games? 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Celtic fans have been saying about #18 for a couple years now. Where is it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rum Mchale,
    You are no Celtic fan and you know it.  I don't know how the 82 game schedule lays out but Lakers are sure getting a vacation to start.  They will need all the breaks they can get because the league is better and they despite the new additions are not.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Celtic fans have been saying about #18 for a couple years now. Where is it?
    Posted by OldFirm[/QUOTE]

On opening night of the 2011-12 season banner #18 will be raised up into the rafters of the TD Garden. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

The Western Conference is a waste of time this season.  This reminds me of the 80s.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Kobe and the best frontcourt in the NBA can't win 60 games... Dr. Buss must be overpaying some of the Laker players. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : So it's only wishy washy, glad to see your confession...

So it's only wishy washy to think that the Lakers have more championships than the Celtics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Because Bynum was injured, Kobe was ailing, and Phil was more concern with health heading into the playoffs than winning regular season games near the end.  Besides concerned persons like yourself, who the F cares about not getting to 60 wins?  If the C's managed to pull out a W in game 7, would you give a crap that they didn't get to 60 wins?
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Bynum was injured? Kobe was ailing? You're a F liar! Both Kobe and Bynum got injured in the Oklahoma series, not the regular season. It was Gasol that wasn't healthy at the start of the 2009-10 season. Get your facts straight!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : From what I've seen Blake and Barnes have been great pick-ups for the Lakers. Definitely improved your bench this season. Don't discount JON for us though...he's a real.........ok I lie. He's hopeless.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

They have some more athletic line-ups they can match up with certain teams that weren't available last year. They closed out the game against the Rockets with Blake, Brown, Kobe, Odom, and Gasol. Against the Suns, Barnes came in and got 11, 5, and 1 steal in 18 minutes of nice work off the bench. Blake is a way better defender than I ever thought he was. Shannon Brown put in some work on his game, and so far his game is much smoother, he is in control, and shooting the ball with a smooth stroke from deep. I can't wait for these guys to fully mesh together, Lakers are Deeeep this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You said the same thing last season when the Lakers started with a bunch of home games. Now remind me, how did the Lakers go last season?? Bleed green.

Did the Lakers get the best record last season? 

Laker fans say the Lakers have the best frontcourt in the NBA. But why can't they win 60 games? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Guess what?  Fans of heated rivals love "sticking it" to the other team's fans.  If you don't like it, stop crying, get off the Internet Message Boards and go tell your mother.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

"Sticking it" to other fans is not allowed on the LA Times lakers forum.  I was told flat out that I could criticize the team, but not any posters, or my stuff would not be published.  I was also told that IF I did criticize the team, the "regulars" could say whatever they wanted to me, and there was nothing they were going to do about it.  "You are a guest here, and you must act accordingly."  That was Brian K from the Times that wrote that to me in an email.  So, come down off your high horse........actually don't.....go ride your high horse off into the sunset!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]The '80's......the Decade of the "Big 4"........the majority of the power residing in the Eastern Conference....yes indeed...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Keep dreaming the Milwaukee Bucks as one of the Big 4...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What's with the Lakers schedule?

A opener with the Rockets and then a nice leisurely three day rest and second game with Suns who just played the night before?  Then a hard earned weekend rest before a Sunday game with the dreaded Warriors who just lost Curry.  Hopefully the schedulers stick it to our least favorite down the road.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : So it's only wishy washy, glad to see your confession...

"Wishy washy??"  Are you Bert or Ernie?

What's really "wishy washy" is taking 5 titles that belong to another city, give them no credit,  and count them as your own so you can creep closer to the Celtics.  It is also hypocritical to say our championships were all won in the dark ages when the MN 5 were won before that.  If you say Big Time NBA, btw, you will give yourself away!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

From January until the end of the season the Lakers would be wishing they didn't have an easy schedule at the start of the season. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

In Response to What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    [QUOTE]A opener with the Rockets and then a nice leisurely three day rest and second game with Suns who just played the night before?  Then a hard earned weekend rest before a Sunday game with the dreaded Warriors who just lost Curry.  Hopefully the schedulers stick it to our least favorite down the road.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You forgot that we also have the fewest back-to-back games of any team this year!
    Pretty cool huh?

Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : On opening night of the 2011-12 season banner #18 will be raised up into the rafters of the TD Garden.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    So it's only wishy washy, glad to see your confession...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    [QUOTE]A opener with the Rockets and then a nice leisurely three day rest and second game with Suns who just played the night before?  Then a hard earned weekend rest before a Sunday game with the dreaded Warriors who just lost Curry.  Hopefully the schedulers stick it to our least favorite down the road.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

The truth is, the Lakers are going to be very good this year. When Bynum comes back, they will be stacked from top to bottom. The tweaks they made to the roster this off season are looking like they are going to work out really well. Good luck Boston, you are going to need it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What's with the Lakers schedule? : The truth is, the Lakers are going to be very good this year. When Bynum comes back, they will be stacked from top to bottom. The tweaks they made to the roster this off season are looking like they are going to work out really well. Good luck Boston, you are going to need it.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

LADY-IN-RED ,  ANTHING YOU SAY IS... OK BY ME .....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

The '80's......the Decade of the "Big 4"........the majority of the power residing in the Eastern Conference....yes indeed...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What's with the Lakers schedule? : The truth is, the Lakers are going to be very good this year. When Bynum comes back, they will be stacked from top to bottom. The tweaks they made to the roster this off season are looking like they are going to work out really well. Good luck Boston, you are going to need it.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen Blake and Barnes have been great pick-ups for the Lakers. Definitely improved your bench this season.

Don't discount JON for us though...he's a real.........ok I lie. He's hopeless.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Last time I looked the Lakers were/are the back to back World Champions. Who cares how many wins you get in the regular season, as long as you win the title!!

I never said the Lakers are not champs. You're losing the argument so you resort to using the "back to back champs" card?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Who has more championship when the NBA become big-time? You must be thinking that 4 is greater than 10...

If you want to count championships start from the beginning. If not then how many championships did the Lakers win from 2003-08?