"C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

"C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade"

Yea I believe the Kobe/Shaq fued is still alive and well, the problem is, Shaq is 39 years old - that's like 85 in dog years. Kobe is at his peak! He'll be making over $20 million this season. Shaq? Less than 1.5!

There's no question Kobe has lots of miles, but he's got a great, great team around him this coming season which will take tons of preasure off of him to take over games and push harder than necessary during the regular season and use up energy he will need for the playoffs. The Lakers are in great shape! The Celtics aren't.

So I was wondering what Celtics fans thought: Do you guys agree that the grudge between Kobe and Shaq is "the very reason the Boston Celtics took a chance on Shaquille O'Neal" like the article says? Can you believe the owner of the Celtics, Wyc Grousbeck actually said "The minute I heard Kobe say (at his post game 7 press conference) that he had one more ring than Shaq, I said to Danny (Ainge) 'let's go get Shaq'" ???

I don't know guys, something tells me this is true...

Cool

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Celtics-fans-can-blame-Kobe-for-the-Shaquille-O-?urn=nba-270942

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Re: "C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade"

I think the Lakers rather than Kobe was the reason the Celtics took a chance on Shaq. Their length killed us on the boards and there's no way the C's can win a series with Perk and Rondo (both non-shooters) both on the floor at the clutch.

As for the Kobe/Shaq animosity....there's no doubt about that. Youtube has enough examples of that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

This is not about the Celtics, and should be moved.

In addition, I refuse to answer any post written by anyone who claims Jerry West played for the MN lakers.............as Elias has!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

When the Celtics get Banner 18 in June of 2011 then the Laker fans can blame Kobe for the Shaq signing. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

It's not about Shaq scoring and rebounding, it's about what Shaq can do to Gasol on the court. Shaq can easily break Gasol's arm or leg. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: "C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade":
    [QUOTE]It's not about Shaq scoring and rebounding, it's about what Shaq can do to Gasol on the court. Shaq can easily break Gasol's arm or leg. 
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............................

mindless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade" : Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................. mindless.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

You're just scared of Shaq beating up the girly-man Gasol. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Gasol proved his mettle in the last 2 finals. If anyone is a girly man, it was KG who was outplayed by Gasol.

You gotta laugh at some of the idiotic comments being made.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]It's not about Shaq scoring and rebounding, it's about what Shaq can do to Gasol on the court. Shaq can easily break Gasol's arm or leg. 
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

so can davis!  i like our physicality a LOT MORE than last year with porcelain perk and lazy sheed- they did an admirable job but both faded as the playoffs went on and either injury, fatigue or stone handedness set in.

if shaq doesn't work out then cut him loose fast.  but if he does, then guard his minute output in the regular season and he will make being in the lane living hell for opposing teams. 

he has limitations on pick and roll defense but if we are careful in how we use him, he should be just fine. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to "C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade":
    [QUOTE]Yea I believe the Kobe/Shaq fued is still alive and well, the problem is, Shaq is 39 years old - that's like 85 in dog years. Kobe is at his peak! He'll be making over $20 million this season. Shaq? Less than 1.5! There's no question Kobe has lots of miles, but he's got a great, great team around him this coming season which will take tons of preasure off of him to take over games and push harder than necessary during the regular season and use up energy he will need for the playoffs. The Lakers are in great shape! The Celtics aren't. So I was wondering what Celtics fans thought: Do you guys agree that the grudge between Kobe and Shaq is "the very reason the Boston Celtics took a chance on Shaquille O'Neal" like the article says? Can you believe the owner of the Celtics, Wyc Grousbeck actually said "The minute I heard Kobe say (at his post game 7 press conference) that he had one more ring than Shaq, I said to Danny (Ainge) 'let's go get Shaq'" ??? I don't know guys, something tells me this is true... http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Celtics-fans-can-blame-Kobe-for-the-Shaquille-O-?urn=nba-270942
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

March 6, 1972 makes Shaq 38 years old - that's only 78 in dog years
    koME is 32 with over 41000 mins on his legs - hardly his peak
    He made over 20 million last year, and his average for the next 3 years is THIRTY (90 divided by 3), what's your point?
    As far as great shape, your comment is purely subjective, and we heard the same thing last year - how do you know what kind of shape either team is in?  Is Bynum fully recovered?  Is KG?  You don't know........other than that, your post is dead on!

And Jerry West played for MN, right?  Yes, Elias is full of himself, but lacks in the fact dept.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Because I know how much Elias loves my research, I did some more rough calculations.  I would say the results pretty much sum up why I  "love" lakers fans and their lopsided, delusional logic.

Of all current players in the NBA, these are the rough facts (including playoffs):

#1 Shaq (who lakers fans say is washed up)  49, 240 mins
    #2 Jason Kidd (who many fans say is washed up)  48, 996 mins
    #3 KG (who lakers fans say is washed up)    45, 449 mins
    #4....drum roll please......yes, you guessed it, koME, who at 45, 193 mins is at his PEAK.......gotta love those lakers fans.

BTW - before anyone goes "big man, small man" on me, remember, Kareem has the highest number of career mins by far, and, according to lakers fans, was still a "force" at age 40  (Shaq is 38)

I anxiously await delusional lakers spin on this!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]Because I know how much Elias loves my research, I did some more rough calculations.  I would say the results pretty much sum up why I  "love" lakers fans and their lopsided, delusional logic. Of all current players in the NBA, these are the rough facts (including playoffs): #1 Shaq (who lakers fans say is washed up)  49, 240 mins #2 Jason Kidd (who many fans say is washed up)  48, 996 mins #3 KG (who lakers fans say is washed up)    45, 449 mins #4....drum roll please......yes, you guessed it, koME, who at 45, 193 mins is at his PEAK.......gotta love those lakers fans. BTW - before anyone goes "big man, small man" on me, remember, Kareem has the highest number of career mins by far, and, according to lakers fans, was still a "force" at age 40  (Shaq is 38) I anxiously await delusional lakers spin on this!!

It's acknowledged that Kobe is regarded as the hardest trainer in the NBA and because of that his conditioing is second to none. Shaq however, even when he was with the Lakers and at his best, was the opposite and would go to training camp overweight and there were occasions when he would start the season unfit.

As for Kareem, his religious beliefs and self practices (no drinking alcohol/martial arts etc) allowed him to play longer than most. Again, Shaq hardly fits that bill. Besides, who could stop that sky hook? For me, that was the only unstoppable post move I've seen.

Shaq may well turn out to be a good buy but I've serious doubts. If Shaq and Rondo are on the floor at the death with the game on the line it gives opposing teams 2 players to which to foul and say 'hit the free throws'. Need anything more be said.
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]Because I know how much Elias loves my research, I did some more rough calculations.  I would say the results pretty much sum up why I  "love" lakers fans and their lopsided, delusional logic. Of all current players in the NBA, these are the rough facts (including playoffs): #1 Shaq (who lakers fans say is washed up)  49, 240 mins #2 Jason Kidd (who many fans say is washed up)  48, 996 mins #3 KG (who lakers fans say is washed up)    45, 449 mins #4....drum roll please......yes, you guessed it, koME, who at 45, 193 mins is at his PEAK.......gotta love those lakers fans. BTW - before anyone goes "big man, small man" on me, remember, Kareem has the highest number of career mins by far, and, according to lakers fans, was still a "force" at age 40  (Shaq is 38) I anxiously await delusional lakers spin on this!!

I don't really know what your "calculations" are supposed to mean, but what are you trying to say? 

Are you saying that Shaq, who had little to no market for his services, and had to take a vet minimum contract to be a back-up role player is fresher than Kobe, who is still considered the best player in the NBA by many of his peers in the NBA? Kobe is the hardest working player in the game, the "Jerry Rice" if you will, of basketball. Shaq is the consummate fat and out of shape athlete, who doesn't take care of his body and has long gone over the hill.  

What is your point of contention? Kobe is the main driving force for a back to back NBA champion. Kobe is one of if not the highest payed player in the game, and has signed an extension to finish his career where it started. He is currently the captain, and leader of the current team to beat in the NBA. Shaq has made the last two teams he was a member of worse than they were without him, and has been relegated to bit-playing role player who makes league minimum. What am I missing here?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I think both (one?) of you need to read the ENTIRE thing.  My calculations have nothing to do with Shaq.  Elias said the lakers are primed this year because koME is at his peak.  I merely asked how he can be at his peak, when, at 32 years old, he has already amassed the 4th most mins among active players.  THAT is what I was saying..............to Elias, by the way, but thanks for butting in....how can he say koME is at his PEAK, when he has logged so many mins on his legs?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]I think both (one?) of you need to read the ENTIRE thing.  My calculations have nothing to do with Shaq.  Elias said the lakers are primed this year because koME is at his peak.  I merely asked how he can be at his peak, when, at 32 years old, he has already amassed the 4th most mins among active players.  THAT is what I was saying..............to Elias, by the way, but thanks for butting in....how can he say koME is at his PEAK, when he has logged so many mins on his legs?

I think it is safe to say that Kobe has reached and passed his physical peak. But Kobe has become such a better leader, and team mate, it has made up for what he doesn't do as well physically anymore. As the physical skills start to fade, he adjusts his game, while at the same time became a better teacher and leader to his team mates. 

Kobe pays a price in the work he does to maintain, and improve his skill set. The reward for going the extra mile like that, is more often than not longevity. That is why I called him the Jerry Rice of basketball. That guy worked harder than everyone in his sport, and because of it, he played at a high level till he was forty. Kobe is the closest thing to that in any sport. Just last year he upgraded his post game by working with Hakeem, and he opened the season more dominant in the post that at any time in his career. In fact he took over in the post to make up for the injured Gasol. Most players, even at their physical peak, don't get anywhere near that in terms of achievement of their game. Kobe is still a freak, even at 32. His game is still growing and evolving.

He is still one of, if not the top player in the game right now. It is kind of hard to get down on a guy who is currently the driving force behind the best team in the NBA, evidenced by current back to back championships. If you want to pick a fight and argue over when the exact moment Kobe was peaked as a player, you are on your own, that is too silly a discussion for me. Kobe is still in the discussion as best player in the league, good enough for me, you want to wast your time hashing out the fine details, enjoy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I agree with everything you said, except one thing.  You do NOT know he has the hardest workout regimen in the league.  No one can intelligently make that claim.  I heard Gilbert Arenas has a killer off-season workout.  None of us knows what the "toughest" is.  Many keep it close to the vest, and would never share it.  He is a very hard worker, ONE of the hardest..........but THE hardest?  I don't know that and neither do you!

Thank you for agreeing with me that Elias is full of it, though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with everything you said, except one thing.  You do NOT know he has the hardest workout regimen in the league.  No one can intelligently make that claim.  I heard Gilbert Arenas has a killer off-season workout.  None of us knows what the "toughest" is.  Many keep it close to the vest, and would never share it.  He is a very hard worker, ONE of the hardest..........but THE hardest?  I don't know that and neither do you! Thank you for agreeing with me that Elias is full of it, though.

Okaaaay, whatever you say. Kobe's reputation amongst his peers in this matter speaks for itself. I'm not interested in trying to convince a an angry contrarian looking for an insignificant argument, so I wont.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade" : Okaaaay, whatever you say. Kobe's reputation amongst his peers in this matter speaks for itself. I'm not interested in trying to convince a an angry contrarian looking for an insignificant argument, so I wont.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

It's ironic that you say you're not trying to convince anyone about Kobe's reputation and yet here you are on a Boston Celtics forum arguing with the Celtic fans. A hypocrite, that's what you are.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade" : It's ironic that you say you're not trying to convince anyone about Kobe's reputation and yet here you are on a Boston Celtics forum arguing with the Celtic fans. A hypocrite, that's what you are.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I am not trying to convince anyone what Kobe's reputation is, he has that reputation regardless of what I say. It is what it is. Whether or not you guys can convince yourselves otherwise doesn't really concern me. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade" : I am not trying to convince anyone what Kobe's reputation is, he has that reputation regardless of what I say. It is what it is. Whether or not you guys can convince yourselves otherwise doesn't really concern me. 

Once again you're talking about how good Kobe is, but the topic here is Kobe being responsible for Shaq signing with the Celtics. You should be concerned because what you're doing is clearly an indication of what a troll does. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade" : Once again you're talking about how good Kobe is, but the topic here is Kobe being responsible for Shaq signing with the Celtics. You should be concerned because what you're doing is clearly an indication of what a troll does. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

The topic in almost every thread is pretty fluid and goes where it goes. That just seems to be the nature of things. You don't agree?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade" : It's ironic that you say you're not trying to convince anyone about Kobe's reputation and yet here you are on a Boston Celtics forum arguing with the Celtic fans. A hypocrite, that's what you are.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother....and today he also claimed not to be bobbarcker  AND said he comes on here to talk about the Celtics!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"Once again you're talking about how good Kobe is, but the topic here is Kobe being responsible for Shaq signing with the Celtics. You should be concerned because what you're doing is clearly an indication of what a troll does." 

cuz he is a troll...

his man crush on kome is so obvious

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "C's fans can BLAME Kobe for the Shaq trade" : The topic in almost every thread is pretty fluid and goes where it goes. That just seems to be the nature of things. You don't agree?

Agreed. I just hope that after the 2011 season Kobe dosen't come out and say "I have more rings than Christian Laettner".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Shaq is responsible for the Shaq trade.  He is a grown man and burnt his own bridges.  I do think, however, that if koME had a crystal ball and could see into the future, he would have treated Shaq better when he had him.  They could have won at least two more championships had they been able to co-exist.  koME is responsible for demanding a trade, and other "things" he's never publicly owned up to.

To title a thread like this, and try to include all Celtics fans is immature and irresponsible, and it would not be allowed to be printed in a "real" paper.