25 LAC Allen Crabbe 6-6 197 SG California
    26 Minn Glenn Rice Jr 6-6 211 SF D-League
    27 Den Tony Snell 6-7 198 SG N. Mexico
    28 SA Rudy Gobert 7-2 238 C France
    29 Orl Reggie Bullock 6-7 200 SG N. Carolina
    30 Phoe Jeff Withey 7-0 222 C Kansas

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: my mock draft with the top three picks all traded

Nice mock, interesting well thought out trades that help both sides, but unfortunately two of the trades don't work. The Cavs can't trade for Pierce until after July 1st (unless its a Varejao/Gee package) and same thing with the Wizards who can't trade Okafor (not Okefer, c'mon now guys been a stud for a decade in this league) until after July 1st.

Not sure why the Bulls, a playoff contender desperate for a solid SG for years, would pass on McLemore (or even Porter, moving Butler to SG) for Noel, a guy who won't be ready health wise until Christmas and probably strength/skill wise until 2015. He is a lot like Noah, who is locked up for years, and your trade they have Okafor and Boozer still on that frontline (of course the trade doesn't work).

Nice mock though. I question Larkin's size, but he seems NBA ready and is obviously explosive. He is taller than Nate Robinson, so if he can be Nate, with no mental headcase stuff and more pure PG skills I'd be thrilled.

Also don't see why anybody would take Olynyk 8 spots ahead of the similar better Plumlee.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Nice mock, interesting well thought out trades that help both sides, but unfortunately two of the trades don't work. The Cavs can't trade for Pierce until after July 1st (unless its a Varejao/Gee package) and same thing with the Wizards who can't trade Okafor (not Okefer, c'mon now guys been a stud for a decade in this league) until after July 1st.

Not sure why the Bulls, a playoff contender desperate for a solid SG for years, would pass on McLemore (or even Porter, moving Butler to SG) for Noel, a guy who won't be ready health wise until Christmas and probably strength/skill wise until 2015. He is a lot like Noah, who is locked up for years, and your trade they have Okafor and Boozer still on that frontline (of course the trade doesn't work).

Nice mock though. I question Larkin's size, but he seems NBA ready and is obviously explosive. He is taller than Nate Robinson, so if he can be Nate, with no mental headcase stuff and more pure PG skills I'd be thrilled.

Also don't see why anybody would take Olynyk 8 spots ahead of the similar better Plumlee.

thanks for reply..not sure just how thought it was (my mock not your reply)...LOL.

I just was reading this morning about draft trade rumors and put ones together for the top three picks based on those stories.

threw in the Piece deal also.

did it prety quick, but I am still waiting on the new player rankings from Draft express for a final mock.

I see your point on the Bulls and it would make more sense for them to go with McLemore at #2 for sure.

should be more than a couple trades somewhere along the frist round this year though  (probably NONE of the ones I put up ).

oh yeah

my combined ranking still has Olynyk ranked higher than Plumlee

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I too have revised my draft.  I'm just going through the first 16 to Boston's pick, without any trades:

1. Noel; 2. Oladopo; 3. Porter; 4. McLemore; 5. Bennett; 6. Len; 7. Burke; 8. Carter-Williams; 9. McCollum; 10. Zeller;. 11. Adams; 12. Dieng; 13. Larkin; 14. Schroeder; 15. Caldwell-Pope and 16.Plumlee to Boston.

I really believe the first 11 players are locks, maybe not in the exact order, which means that anybody not included in the above are possible Celtic picks.  If I'm correct, then at 12, OKC desparately needs a Center and therefore picks Dieng, at 13 Dallas will pick a PG (either Larkin or Schroeder, I think Larkin). at 14, Utah also needs a PG and takes Schroeder. at 15 with Monta gone, Caldwell-Pope is a no brainer, and the best gift in the draft. 

Boston passes on Olynyk, Shabazz, Mitchell, Greek Freak, and the plethora of SGs.  and picks Plumlee, the safest pick and and a better rebounder than Olynyk, who will see immediate minutes at PF backup.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I too have revised my draft.  I'm just going through the first 16 to Boston's pick, without any trades:

1. Noel; 2. Oladopo; 3. Porter; 4. McLemore; 5. Bennett; 6. Len; 7. Burke; 8. Carter-Williams; 9. McCollum; 10. Zeller;. 11. Adams; 12. Dieng; 13. Larkin; 14. Schroeder; 15. Caldwell-Pope and 16.Plumlee to Boston.

I really believe the first 11 players are locks, maybe not in the exact order, which means that anybody not included in the above are possible Celtic picks.  If I'm correct, then at 12, OKC desparately needs a Center and therefore picks Dieng, at 13 Dallas will pick a PG (either Larkin or Schroeder, I think Larkin). at 14, Utah also needs a PG and takes Schroeder. at 15 with Monta gone, Caldwell-Pope is a no brainer, and the best gift in the draft. 

Boston passes on Olynyk, Shabazz, Mitchell, Greek Freak, and the plethora of SGs.  and picks Plumlee, the safest pick and and a better rebounder than Olynyk, who will see immediate minutes at PF backup.    

all looks very possible come thursday

but I would wager there will be at least two trades in the top five picks this year (and maybe more).

I really can't see Cleveland going with Noel at #1 at this point. But I am not sure anyone will be willing to move up in that spot either. If they are "stuck" at #1..Noel, Len and Porter look like the best option for them..flip a coin as which way they go.

McLemore is proabably the best sure thing in this draft and COULD be an NBA star at SG in a couple years. Neither Cleveland ,Orlando or Washnigton have a real need there however. I can see THIs pick being moved faster than #1 then.

Phoenix and Minnesota could be trading partners for Orlando if that is the case.

everyone has Porter going to Washington, but what if Len is still on the board?

washington's record after Wall got healthy was playoff level....they have Nene and Okafor (sorry but I always screw up his name) and certainly have seen Len's play....maybe a SF is a higher priority than a center in todays' NBA..I am not sure.

Charlotte should let whoever falls to them fall and snag him up. they need help everywhere.

i can see Phoenix moving up a couple spots for a guy they LOVE or standing pat knowing one of either McLemore or Oladipo should fall to them.

after that to me it's all a crapshoot!!

teams will fall in love with a certain player and pick him or get scared and move up to get him...always happens on draft day and this year maybe more so.

Frankly I don't see this draft being that much different talent wise than most the past few years, EXCEPT at the 1-2 spots.

I think picking #5-20 this year is much like picking 5-20 in any recent NBA draft.

they are all KIDS or Foreign players and ALL a gamble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

I wouldn't complain if took Plumlee.  But I think Allen Crabbe has the most upside.  We're going need to scoring.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

[QUOTE]

all looks very possible ceom thursday

but I would wager there will be at least two trades in the top five picks this year (and maybe more).

I really can't see Cleveland going with Noel at #1 at this point. But I am not sure anyone will be willing to move up in that spot either. If they are "stuck" at #1..Noel, Len and Porter look like the best option for them..flip a coin as which way they go.

McLemore is proabably the best sure thing in this draft and COULD be an NBA star at SG in a couple years. Neither Cleveland ,Orlando or Washnigton have a real need there however. I can see THIs pick being moved faster than #1 then.

Phoenix and Minnesota could be trading partners for Orlando if that is the case.

everyone has Porter going to Washington, but what if Len is still on the board?

washington's record after Wall got healthy was playoff level....they have Nene and Okafer (sorry but I always screw up his name) and certainly have seen Lens play....maybe a SF is a higher priority than a center in todays' NBA..I am not sure.

Charlotte shoudl let however falls to them fall and snag him up. they need help everywhere.

i can see Phoenix moving up a couple spots for a guy they LOVE or standing pat knowing one of either McLemore or Oladipo should fall to them.

after that to me it's all a crapshoot!!

teams will fall in love wioth a certain player and pick him or get scared and move up to get him...alwasy happens on draft day and this year maybe more so.

Frankly I don;t see this dfaft being that much different talent wise than most the past few years, EXCEPT at the 1-2 spots.

I think picking #10-20 this year is much like picking 10-20 in any recent NAB draft.

they are all KIDS or Foreign players and ALL a gamble.

[/QUOTE]

We have different perspectives.  As I'm sure the GMs do as well.

I would not be surpried if there were multiple trades in the draft, but their are an infinite number of scenarios, so that exercise doesn't interest me.     

I believe that concerns about McLemore's character will drop his stock a bit.  and I believe that Olapido and Porter are the two best sure things in the draft - talent and all other factors considered.

I have flip-flopped on the Cavs and their pcik and I think they reluctantly pick Noel, if for nothing else, he may have better post-draft trade value than anyone else. 

I now beliee that Len drops simply because Ola, Porter, McLemore and Bennett are the best available players and also fit team needs from picks 2-5, so Len on my board goes 6.  

I agree with Danny, and most other analysts, that the talent in this draft is the weakest in a decade, from top to bottom, but especially after the first 11 picks.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

[QUOTE]

I wouldn't complain if took Plumlee.  But I think Allen Crabbe has the most upside.  We're going need to scoring.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Mitch. Welcome to the board.

At least one mock does have Crabbe going to Boston, and you are absolutely right that the Celtics need scoring.  

However, I do not think the Celtics pick a SG, and if they do, I don't think they pick Crabbe.  I have watched Crabbe play and follow the Bears.  The problem with Crabbe, is that he doesn't play defense.  None.  He was even called out publically by coach Montgomery to try to motivate him and that didn't work.  But if Caldwell-Pope is by some chance still available at 16, then I don't think the Celtics could pass on him.  

As much as they scoring, they need rebounding even more.  and with Sully's health not certain and Garnett possibly leaving, they need to draft a big man who can contribute immediately (not any of the project centers, like Dieng).

Hence the Plumlee prediction at #16.

If Plumlee is picked prior to 16, then they would pick Olynyk, on my board.  If Plumlee, Olynyk and Pope are all off the board (which IMO is unlikely), I see the Celtics rolling the dice on the Greek Freak (my personal preference) over Shabazz, Schroeder or Larkin who are all as risky.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Cool, but no way MCW drops to 21. Wouldn't you rather us pick up MCW over Larken at 16? Thats seven more inches!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Cool, but no way MCW drops to 21. Wouldn't you rather us pick up MCW over Larken at 16? Thats seven more inches!

I really hope the C's don't take a PG.  Pope would be awesome.  Not sure if DA could pass on Shabazz, either?  Let's hope Ainge wants a starting SG before a backup PF (assuming Sully's ready in Sept).  Otherwise Plumlee and Olynyk would be fine.