1 on 1 tournement Allstar weekend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

1 on 1 tournement Allstar weekend

Why doesn't Allstar weekend include a 1:1 tournement? Wouldn't it be awesome if the NBA chose 5 Front-court players from the east and 5 from the West to participate in a 1:1 game to 21; and then a tournement for the back-court players.

I know BB is a team sport, but it would be cool to see if Lebron (greatest player on earth) would dominate in this. I think it would be extremely fun to watch. A lot more fun to watch than a 3pt competition that doesn't include the best 3pt shooters in the game right now, a lot more fun than a dunk contest without the best dunkers in the game right now, and a relay game that is nothing more than a gimmick.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: 1 on 1 tournement Allstar weekend

I mean, a Lebron v. Durant game? A Irving v. Paul game? A Westbrook v. Rose game? A Howard v. Garnett game? Melo v. Pierce? I'd pay good money to see that.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

That would be awesome!

The winner 40 years ago got $15,000???

They could easily make a 16 player tournament and have prize money of like:

1st - $250k

2nd - $150k

3rd and 4th - $75k

5th-8th - $25k

Being selected and participating - $10k

I' sure they could easily get a ton of viewers and the sponorships of well over a million dollars

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I agree - maybe this can be part of a post-Stern era?

Can't wait for that crunt to pass the torche and visit the reeper

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

It should be a tournament of the top 20 scorers. AWESOME IDEA! Also a role player all-star game with the MVP of the game getting a car. Tournament saturday/ all-star games on sunday. So many possiblities!

I think the players would LOVE THE TOURNAMENT! #1 scorer versus the #20 scorer,#2 vs #19 and so on. 10 points elimination no 3's, no make it take it, 2 fouls disqualification each game.

With time constraints, it might have to be the top 10 in scoring.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Yes. Make it 5 baskets elimination one on one with the final match being 10  points. Or should it be a 2 on 2 tournament with entries from every team? hmmmm 

Have fun with it. 

Kobe and Nash vs Pierce and K.G.! for charity!

Aha! Entries from every team that made the playoffs the previous year.Who cares, its a quick elimination. 

Have a hoop it up tournament going on somwhere else and the winner of that gets to play the NBA 2 on 2 winner!

Fan-tastic.

The hoop it up winner gets 2 points per bucket while NBA players get 1point per bucket to even the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

agree, but not to 21. 1on1 is exhausting lol. Games could go to like 10.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

It should be a tournament of the top 20 scorers. AWESOME IDEA! Also a role player all-star game with the MVP of the game getting a car. Tournament saturday/ all-star games on sunday. So many possiblities!

I think the players would LOVE THE TOURNAMENT! #1 scorer versus the #20 scorer,#2 vs #19 and so on. 10 points elimination no 3's, no make it take it, 2 fouls disqualification each game.

With time constraints, it might have to be the top 10 in scoring.

Da, are you aware of how brackets worked? Have you watched the NCAA tournament?

I say 16 players and you say 20?

16>8>4>2>1 works

20>10>5>? doesn't

c'mon buddy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

ha ha. You got me 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I wonder why they haven't brought this back. I like all the ideas here, and you really can have fun with it. It would be interesting if each team got to pick one player to send to the 1:1 tournement.

If you had to send ONE Celtic (let pretend there are no injuries on our roster) to compete against the league in a 1:1 contest, who would it be?