10.7 ppg, 38.2 FG% is worth 11m?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: 10.7 ppg, 38.2 FG% is worth 11m?

We have to hope for two things this offseason:

1 - KG waives his no trade clause

2 - Somebody does a sign and trade with their player and wants KG in return.

That's some wishful thinking but stranger things have happened.  Funny the difference a year makes.  Last offseason I was anxious around July 1 wondering if KG would return, and he did.  Now, I'm anxious to see where we can trade him to because his return would doom the Celtics.  I hope HE realizes that and does the right thing.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Fierce - I think KG would agree with you about his production! 

Kevin Garnett hints that he is retiring after this season (Video) By Steve DelVecchio February 14, 2013 - Posted in Basketball

Kevin Garnett signed a three-year contract extension with the Boston Celtics this past offseason, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he intends to play in the NBA until he is 39 years old. The Big Ticket’s numbers have remained roughly the same for the past three or four seasons, but it’s obvious his body is slowly breaking down. Despite that, he is still one of the more popular players in the league.

The fans selected Garnett as an Eastern Conference starter for the 2013 All-Star Game — his 15th All-Star appearance. Will KG’s 15th All-Star appearance definitely be his last? That would only be a guarantee if he retired.

This is definitely my last All-Star game,” Garnett said after the Celtics win over the Chicago Bulls Wednesday night, via WEEI.com. “Y’all don’t know what I know. So, let’s put it like this: I’m more than grateful for going, but I’m not going to act like I’ve got more All-Star Games in me, so I’m actually going to enjoy this one with some friends and family.”

That could be Garnett insisting his skills have declined to the point where he doesn’t deserve any more All-Star appearances, but it certainly sounds like he’s saying this is his last season in the NBA.

“The All-Star experience for me is more for friends and fam,” he said. “You’ve always got that wild-as* uncle who shows his as*. You’ve always got that friend that you have to pull to the side and have that conversation. It’s no different for me. It’s a fun time.”

With Rajon Rondo out for the season, Paul Pierce and KG getting old and Ray Allen gone, the championship window may have already closed in Boston. Garnett has made more money (contract-wise) during his career than any player in league history. If he wants to go out on his own terms, it certainly won’t be tough to leave two more years worth of salary on the table.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, if KG does retire, would the Celtics get any relief on his salary or would it count against the cap just like he was playing?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'm more concerned about Pierce, he looks way worse then Kg. Surely we have seen the last of both. Time to hang their numbers in the rafters and tell them bye.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

That is good.  I asked because when Rasheed retired, it seemed that he was still against our cap (or maybe just on Hoopshype.com) for another two years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Imagine how bad it would've been if Doc didn't save him for the playoffs during the regular season.  LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

kyceltic, I think Pierce can catch on somewhere else in a limited role.  Like I said on another thread, Pierce is not a go-to, number 1 guy like he was asked to be on the Celtics.  He's 3 years younger than KG and can still play for a contender like the Clippers.

Pierce still has game but not as a number 1 and not for the Celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I'm more concerned about Pierce, he looks way worse then Kg. Surely we have seen the last of both. Time to hang their numbers in the rafters and tell them bye.

I have never seen the Captain look so bad on a basketball court as he did last night! It was as if his mind was willing, but his legs were not! 

PP is definitely a prideful player. I am guessing he is his worst critic as of late!