12 in a row

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: 12 in a row

It's a potential 14-game winning streak before the Christmas day game against the Magic. The Celtics have a game on Sunday versus Indy and on Wednesday against Philly, both home games for the Cs. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Great work by the Celtics.

The way this team plays together and passes is so systematic and special. And you know why the Celtics are so great? because the STARS, Role players, reserves all GET IT. They all understand the goal and the plan and they all perform it very well.

Hearing KG talk about bringing up Semih and Harangody because he knows he crucial they could be is special. You just do not see that often.

The way Pierce "gives the game what it needs" every night is masterful. He gets in and out of games seemlessly. If he needs to be the star scorer, hes up the for the challenge. If they need him to contain someone, he will do it the best he can. He keeps the ball moving and gets in there for rebounds and always his head up looking for the fastbreak.

These are just 2 examples of why I can't get enough of this team. So many reasons to love them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: 12 in a row:
    [QUOTE]Great work by the Celtics. The way this team plays together and passes is so systematic and special. And you know why the Celtics are so great? because the STARS, Role players, reserves all GET IT. They all understand the goal and the plan and they all perform it very well. [/QUOTE]

That's what makes this Celtics team extremely dangerous. Injuries are coming, I don't think your team can last without Rondo for long, but he really does need to heal.

To me the Key to everything you're doing is Garnett. Should be seriously considered in the MVP race this year. Even though he won't be Undecided

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i am happy with the wins. like other posters have mentioned they are pulling through in the 4th quarter this year. when everyone heals this team will be good. hopefully after all star break.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

When KG attacks the rim, Cs wins. KG is back. Hope JO returns quick to help win more games. If both Os are playing, Cs are fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 12 in a row : That's what makes this Celtics team extremely dangerous. Injuries are coming, I don't think your team can last without Rondo for long, but he really does need to heal. To me the Key to everything you're doing is Garnett. Should be seriously considered in the MVP race this year. Even though he won't be
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I disagree & agree..

I disagree that the C's cant keep it going without Rondo.. they actually have a very good record without Rondo. Over the course of the entire season, Rondo would certainly be missed but for 5-10 games, no problem

I agree that KG should be considered MVP.  I posted earlier that the Celtics publicly agree that Rondo is the team leader but Id bet 50 cents that privately just about all of them would admit KG is the heart & soul of the team.  We can go on long stretches of winning without Rondo.. but thats not gonna happen if we lost KG. His playing, leadership & motivation all figure into the success of the team.

Rondo is called the leader but I think its just to help his ego along and allow him to be more demanding on the floor imo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Dozen in a row not without a cost.
    The AARP's playing excessive minutes. Things will get ugly at the end. Dozen in a row looks a beauty....for now, but no one will remember the 12 in row comes May/June.

Conserve, but how?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Dozen in a row not without a cost. The AARP's playing excessive minutes. Things will get ugly at the end. Dozen in a row looks a beauty....for now, but no one will remember the 12 in row comes May/June. Conserve, but how?  
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

KG minutes havent changed during the streak..not sure about the rest.

But also remember we've been keeping mileage off Shaq, Rondo, JON, DWEST & Perk.. Hopefully if they all get healthy, we should have a fairly fresh group of players... and if they all do get back healthy (say by Jan), then minutes will be spread out because of all the capable players we have.

Also, Doc is keeping KGs minutes the same no matter what.

We may be in much better shape come playoff time than youre figuring

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Dozen in a row not without a cost. The AARP's playing excessive minutes. Things will get ugly at the end. Dozen in a row looks a beauty....for now, but no one will remember the 12 in row comes May/June. Conserve, but how?  
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Are you predicting the Celtics, the team you love, will not win a championship this season? Am I reading this right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 12 in a row : Are you predicting the Celtics, the team you love, will not win a championship this season? Am I reading this right?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Prediction? Its hard...still very early...I'm worried on the AArps. Injuries per say.

I like what I'm seeing in the line up. I like big stuff. I like Shaq & Jon to get healthy. Baby is now a force in the middle even with his height handicap. Semih is learning...tough kid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It is amazing that the Celtics keep winning games despite the injuries.  It would be interesting to see how this team would do if the entire team was healthy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ever since that bad Toronto loss this team has been focused.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Che......We are better and deeper this year than last and lots of people predicted we'd fall apart in the playoffs last year.   I don't see that happening this year.  In addition to the normal "they got heart, determination, and skill" which carried us to a few points in game 7 from a championship.....I actually see the Celts getting healthier long run this year.  Pierce and Ray will likely get some minor injuries but we'll get a "decent" Perk back (his first year back will NOT be as good as before he got injured), get Delonte back, and Rondo is young and will heal.  I'm not even counting on Jermaine O'Neal.  So, Che, just can't agree with you on that "things will get ugly at the end" statement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 12 in a row : That's what makes this Celtics team extremely dangerous. Injuries are coming, I don't think your team can last without Rondo for long, but he really does need to heal. To me the Key to everything you're doing is Garnett. Should be seriously considered in the MVP race this year. Even though he won't be
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I can't really say anyone on the Celtics is an MVP candidate. Every piece we lose hurts. Everyone makes a solid contribution. KG is playing outstanding basketball. He has lost a little but of lift, but everything else looks great.

I think thats the price of having a solid team that plays so well together; there is no MVP. Every starter and rotation guy is valuable.

Your right on Rondo. He needs to heal. He can't keep playing at 80%. Id rest him for 3 weeks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

The most important thing for the celtics team is health, because its the beginning of the championship team. Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, San Antonio, and Orlando they have impressive records before but still failed to advance to the final round. Records are good butt I cherished the championship most.

"Nobody does it better than the BOSTON CELTICS"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]It's a potential 14-game winning streak before the Christmas day game against the Magic. The Celtics have a game on Sunday versus Indy and on Wednesday against Philly, both home games for the Cs. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 12 in a row : MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

i have to admit; i thought it was wishful thinking on your part.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I heard they are going to beat the THE UCONN WOMEN STREAKS....Smile

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Barkley hates the Celtics and some of their players.

I have always felt that having Barkley pick against the Celtics is a good thing. Since he is usually wrong, I hope he continues to pick other teams.

The time to worry is when he picks our guys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]Barkley hates the Celtics and some of their players. I have always felt that having Barkley pick against the Celtics is a good thing. Since he is usually wrong, I hope he continues to pick other teams. The time to worry is when he picks our guys.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Did Barkley pick the Celtics in 2007? 

Do you have an article from 2007 that had Barkley picking other teams in 2007?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 12 in a row : Did Barkley pick the Celtics in 2007?  Do you have an article from 2007 that had Barkley picking other teams in 2007?
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

just listen to barkley whenever a game is on tnt. always against the celtics. i remember once he picked us to win, think it was game 7 of nba finals last year.... yeah it jinxed us...... Foot in mouth