2011-12 Free Agency

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

2011-12 Free Agency

Is anybody concerned that DA & Doc may have a tougher task then we think this year when it comes to lurring the mid to low-level FA's to Boston?

Unfortunately, the C's don't have a young and exciting core anymore to draw-in FA's to be role players as they did with House, Posey, and Brown. Plus, they need more than just that one final piece/player to make it past Miami and back to the Finals.

My guess is with Vet-mins, Bi-Annuals, and MLEs being equal, that FA's like the Smiths, Dalemberts, Thortons, etc. would likely want to join a team that is closer to a championship than the Celts are now and looking at the order of elmination from this year's play-offs may show which teams they may be leaning towards.

• Miami
    • Dallas
    • Chicago
    • OKC
    • Lakers (only edging above the C's because players tend to like living more in LA)
    • Boston
    • San Antonio

That said, I am thinking that sign & trades may be the best and only way for DA to go both for this year and year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: 2011-12 Free Agency

wf dog,
    I think you are seriously underestimating the powers of Doc and the City of Boston.  OKC yes they have talent but who would want to go there.

Have you ever been there?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to 2011-12 Free Agency:
    [QUOTE]Is anybody concerned that DA & Doc may have a tougher task then we think this year when it comes to lurring the mid to low-level FA's to Boston? Unfortunately, the C's don't have a young and exciting core anymore to draw-in FA's to be role players as they did with House, Posey, and Brown. Plus, they need more than just that one final piece/player to make it past Miami and back to the Finals. My guess is with Vet-mins, Bi-Annuals, and MLEs being equal, that FA's like the Smiths, Dalemberts, Thortons, etc. would likely want to join a team that is closer to a championship than the Celts are now and looking at the order of elmination from this year's play-offs may show which teams they may be leaning towards. Miami Dallas Chicago OKC Lakers (only edging above the C's because players tend to like living more in LA) Boston San Antonio That said, I am thinking that sign & trades may be the best and only way for DA to go both for this year and year.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Danny said in his interview on WEEI that he may well be very hamstrung this year especially not knowing what the new CBA will be like.

I have been saying over and over again that people think that Danny has some sort of magic when it comes to drafting and making trades, etc. 

His MLE's include sheed and J O.  Neither of the trades that brought the big 3 together would have been done without 2 huge expiring contracts.  He has never drafted an all-star.  Then on every draft night we find out (from posters here) that Danny got the sleeper, the steal of the draft, etc.  More often than not we find that Danny made a mistake and that there were several players drafted after where Danny drafted that turn out to be much better players.

We will see what happens in 2012 free agency but needless to say there will not be any talent here to draw FA talent, there will only be 4 players on under contract, etc.

But of course and also exclusively on BDC can a team with 4 core players - 3 of which are near the end just simply retool and be right back at the adult table on Thanksgiving, i.e. contending.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Believe me I am hoping for the best, but I'm not sure if the Danny & Doc recruiting show alone is for sure guaranteed to bring in the FA's this year or next. The Big 3's phone calls may not have the clout they did a couple years ago either. Especially with KG making more enemies in the league each year. I also recall that it was Eddie House and not DA, Doc, or the Big 3 who was the one that convinced Posey to come to Boston in the first place.

Anyway, what might work in the C's favor this year is if they get a solid FA to take a MLE, Bi-Annual, or Vet-Min deal for less this year with a handshake deal or promise that when all the cap space gets freed up in 2012 that the Celts will sign them to a more lucrative deal. Not sure if this is done behind the scenes much in the NBA or not but it could help them get over the hump in 2011.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

In Response to Re: 2011-12 Free Agency:
    [QUOTE]wf dog, I think you are seriously underestimating the powers of Doc and the City of Boston.  OKC yes they have talent but who would want to go there. Have you ever been there?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Exactly, who in their right mind wants to play with Kevin Durant?  As for BOS, is Shawn Bradley still in the League?  Maybe Andres Nocioni.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

I think the Celtics are going to look a lot like they did in this year.  I think there is a lot of thinking that some of the big moves have already been made - meaning the Green and Kristic deal.  

It is going to be hard enough retaining Delonte West and when you start to think continuity losing Delonte, Baby, you are almost starting over with the Big Three and I do not think that is necessary.   Sign Baby, Delonte, Green, and Kristic; I would even take a flier on Marquis Daniels again.  

If we are able to get a coup and sign a Dalembert for the mid-level exception then let's do it.  

We cannot be talking about signing all these guys and then talking about get guys like Green, Delonte, and Big Baby if he is here, close to 30 minutes.

To tell you the truth the Celtics, as Doc and the players have stated, have a complex system and we can be sitting here with guys that look good on paper and never fit into the system or that Doc does not trust.   At least Doc trust Baby and West and knows what he wants to develop in Green.   

Marquis knows the system, and has a nice little mid-range rythmn playing with the ball and off-the ball before he got injured.   

Marquis, West, Baby, and Green with Kristic or JO....   I think Shaq is coming back....  but the focus this offseason should be go after Dalembert.   

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Obviuously Fierce is smarter than Donnie Walsh:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/sights_on_samuel_4cHTQNXaQO4R6rrCC30unI?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Yeah Fierce, I read the NY Post for news too ... guess that makes me a Knicks fan as well as a Mavs and Spurs fan too ... what a putz you are.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011-12 Free Agency : So you are telling everybody on this board that Samuel Dalembert can be had for 6m per year? 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Hahaha .... I'm telling everyone on this board what they already know ... You're a Putz!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Why would Samuel Dalembert settle for the MLE when his salary was 12.2m last season? 

Dalembert also had one of his better seasons this year. He's also the top Center on the free-agent market this year. It doesn't make sense if he takes a 50% pay cut.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Did the Celts sign and trade BBD and Sheed for Brendan Haywood?  Obviously Mployee8 is not smarter than Danny Ainge. HAHAHA!!!

what a turkey you are ... nobody on these boards knows what DA is gonna do and yet most of the posting here is speculation or wishful thinking of what they might do. I pointed out that it was possible for the C's to acquire Hayward if Dallas wanted to reduce their cap space. Just as I indicated this year that the C's hands aren't tied with the MLE & LLE as you have said countless times you ingorant fluk!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011-12 Free Agency : what a turkey you are ... nobody on these boards knows what DA is gonna do and yet most of the posting here is speculation or wishful thinking of what they might do. I pointed out that it was possible for the C's to acquire Hayward if Dallas wanted to reduce their cap space. Just as I indicated this year that the C's hands aren't tied with the MLE & LLE as you have said countless times you ingorant fluk!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

The real you is starting to come out. A few days ago you also called one of the Celtic fans here "trollbreath". You can't argue without resorting to name calling?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011-12 Free Agency : The real you is starting to come out. A few days ago you also called one of the Celtic fans here "trollbreath". You can't argue without resorting to name calling?
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

21, I have as much respect for you as I do Fierce ... If you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen and stop asking others to prove themselves ... take care of what you say and do some research on your own.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011-12 Free Agency : I'm the one who's ignorant? Weren't you the one that bet Anthony Tolliver would have better numbers than Glen Davis this season? Who won the bet, Mployee8?

I feel vindicated by the results ... Davis could have been replaced by Tolliver at the vet min and the C's would have had the entire year to acquaint a new SF into their system instead of the fukfest that we ended with trying to integrate new players in too short a timespan ... proof is in the pudding, BBD is a classic case of reversion to the mean and was nowhere to be found in the playoffs. And whether he is resigned or traded is anyone's guess must a majority here seems to want him gone now and that wasn't the case pre-season.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011-12 Free Agency : Coulda, woulda, or shoulda? You feel vindicated that the Celtics only lost by 4 points against the Lakers in Game 7? You offered me a bet and you lost! The only problem is you're not man enough to honor the bets you make! Davis could have been replaced by Tolliver? JO could have been replaced by Tim Duncan, or KG could have been replaced by Pau Gasol! One thing is clear Duncan never replaced JO, Gasol never replaced KG, and Tolliver never replaced Davis. Until now Anthony Tolliver is still playing for the T-Wolves!

Again stupidity ... we're talking about 2010-11' , how does 2009-10' got anything to do with our bet?

I bet your not man enough to take me up on my offer cause you're the Faker! Put your money where your mouth is:

" I'm not OK with 34 staying after his Perk post....  and I have made that quite clear in several posts."

I'll say it again ... you honor your promise and I'll honor our bet ... Ball's in your court! You don't have the guts but I do ... I'm calling you out Fierce!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.