2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year

In Response to Re: 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year:
    [QUOTE]I'm not as impressed by kaman as some are.  He's had a history of injuries, doesn't possess the shooting percentage you'd like from a center, and I think isn't worth the cost of Davis, Krstic, plus.  Krstic has a better shot and statistically isn't far away from Kaman, and he's already here.  Trading Davis with whomever should answer a need/deficiency not just be lateral move that actually removes a player that has some potential game value.  A two-fer in this case isn't that attractive.
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

Defense is nothing but an unconfirmed rumor to Krstic, Baby is um... a Baby.

Kaman on the other hand was an all-star 2 years ago......

as was explored in several threads yesterday....

people tend to vastly overvalue players in Green and undervalue those not wearing Green..... yet another case - thanks for confirming it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I also wish that Ainge would bring Stephane Lasme on board. Having Keith Benson (PF), Trey Thompkins/Greg Smith (C), and Stephane Lasme(SF) would give Boston a solid front court. Since this is going to be a bridge year to when Danny Ainge will have tons of money to offer for guys like Dwight Howard these young guys (including Avery Bradley) will have the opportunity to gain experience under KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I also wish that Ainge would bring Stephane Lasme on board. Having Keith Benson (PF), Trey Thompkins/Greg Smith (C), and Stephane Lasme(SF) would give Boston a solid front court. Since this is going to be a bridge year to when Danny Ainge will have tons of money to offer for guys like Dwight Howard these young guys (including Avery Bradley) will have the opportunity to gain experience under KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen. 
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Is crack expensive in Texas?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Don't know buddy. You're asking the wrong person. I suggest that you get off the stuff and get some help. Asking someone online for drugs is not a smart thing to do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Don't know buddy. You're asking the wrong person. I suggest that you get off the stuff and get some help. Asking someone online for drugs is not a smart thing to do.

I didn't ask you for drugs..... I was wondering how much of it you need to be smoking to suggest that 3 no name guys one of which didn't even get drafted could be mentioned in the same sentence that includes the words "solid front court", one can only assume by solid front court you mean that absolutely worst front court in the league....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year : I didn't ask you for drugs..... I was wondering how much of it you need to be smoking to suggest that 3 no name guys one of which didn't even get drafted could be mentioned in the same sentence that includes the words "solid front court", one can only assume by solid front court you mean that absolutely worst front court in the league....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    That really means a lot to me coming from a guy who thinks that Westbrook is the second coming of Christ! I think that crack has really done a number on you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'll take this opportunity to keep campaigning for my guys:
    Biyombo
    Noguiera
    maybe Jordan Williams
    Mamadou Diarra

All big, defensive, athletic rebounders and shot blockers (except Williams, who I hear isn't all that athletic)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

I want bebe nogueira an Carlitos Delfino.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year : That really means a lot to me coming from a guy who thinks that Westbrook is the second coming of Christ! I think that crack has really done a number on you.

There is a big difference between thinking someone is the second coming of Christ and stating something that I think most objective people are also saying.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Ok, texas guy, you've told us all the guys who succeeded that you predicted.  Can you be honest and tell us of some guys that you requested who bombed out of the nba?  Surely you're honest enough to do that.

The skinny guy was chris johnson, and I saw him getting minutes for another team (was it NO?) after the c's dropped him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Biggest mistake that Boston made was hiring Rick Pitno who was a GM and coach at the same time, and he could have trade Boston two first round picks which that was in the top 10 to San Antonio's #1 over-all pick.  But Pitno failed, and San Antonio drafted Tim Duncan!!  Look at them, they won four NBA titles. Now we have Danny Ainge who have been drafting pretty well.  Do not forget that in past two to three years, he havent draft a good one which that is because Ainge gave away two first round pick for Garnett/Allen's trade.  So it is hard to pick a second round player.  Now this year, Boston have two picks, but both are not even in the top 24.  Boston next pick is 25th pick.  I am sure Ainge will do his homework, and draft the best player available.  Right now it is hard to predict who are the best players outside of the top 20.  It could be anyone.  If Kemba Walker is still on the board, I would draft him right away!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

travis leslie-athletic

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Greg Smith looks like a monster. He too would be a great pick. It would be great if Ainge were to buy somebody's number 2 pick to get him.

I have seen some Jon Leuer games.  He did not look as good this year.  But he was really good last year.  The knock on him is his size/strength and rebounding.  But Kevin McHale was never a size/strength/rebounding guy.  The Celts will do well to pick him if Danny can get an early 2nd round pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, texas guy, you've told us all the guys who succeeded that you predicted.  Can you be honest and tell us of some guys that you requested who bombed out of the nba?  Surely you're honest enough to do that. The skinny guy was chris johnson, and I saw him getting minutes for another team (was it NO?) after the c's dropped him.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Nathan Jawai is on them. In fact I thought he was better than Serge Ibaka. It's a shame that he had a heart condition. real shame.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

one of them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year:
    [QUOTE]Ever since I first started contacting the Celtics front office on players that I felt they should draft (Jalen Rose with the C's 1st round pick and Lawrence Funderburke with their 2nd round pick back in '94) I have remained committed (and probably should be) to reading scouting reports for guys that I felt would be a good fit for the Celtics. Sorry guys, Kobe Bryant was one of them. Other notables: Zach Randolph and Tony Parker in '01, Rudy Gay in '06, Lee Humphrey(FL) '08 (Ainge had me beat here with Erden), Chris Daniels (Texas A&M-Corpus Christi), Garrett Siler. Obviously they haven't all panned out. Most recently I have wanted Boston to draft Deandre Jordan, I first wanted Serge Ibaka or Nathan Jawai until I saw Jordan drop, last year I thought for sure that Boston would select James Anderson or Damion James. This year my pick is...Keith Benson. I would be thrilled if Boston could pick up Bismack Biyombo and Keith Benson but I don't believe that will happen. I'd select Benson over Biyombo if both players are available. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekNfbYNNswU
    Bismack Biyombo has physical tools that look like something from another planet.  Only physically, I would seriously compare him to Lebron James.  Watch the Nike Hoops Summit video where he blocked about 15 shots and did all kinds of other nice things.  Obviously Biyombo doesn't have James whole array of skills.  But if Biyombo develops the way he should, how could he not become a "grade A" player?  If he falls to the Celtics, I say, take him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year : Bismack Biyombo has physical tools that look like something from another planet.  Only physically, I would seriously compare him to Lebron James.  Watch the Nike Hoops Summit video where he blocked about 15 shots and did all kinds of other nice things .  Obviously Biyombo doesn't have James whole array of skills.  But if Biyombo develops the way he should, how could he not become a "grade A" player?  If he falls to the Celtics, I say, take him. 
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]
    I agree and congrats to Cleveland for landing #1. There is no city or team that deserved a break like that more than Cleveland. While I am no fan of the Cavs I thought that it was really distasteful how LJames made his decision to play for Miami. All those loyal Cavaliers fans deserved better than that.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofobu. Show jofobu's posts

[QUOTE]I'll take this opportunity to keep campaigning for my guys: Biyombo Noguiera maybe Jordan Williams Mamadou Diarra All big, defensive, athletic rebounders and shot blockers (except Williams, who I hear isn't all that athletic)
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I am a long time Celtics fan, but live near the University of Maryland and graduated from UMUC. I like Jordan Williams. He is a good kid. If he is really 6'10" tall, I think he could be an excellent pick for the Celtics. I think he could have a bigger upside than Kendrick Perkins. Go Celtics.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Benson impresses at NBA Combine

It comes as no secret to those who have been paying attention to Oakland hoops outside of the NCAA tournament the past two years, but center Keith Benson appears to be introducing himself to a new audience of potential employers at the Chicago job fair.

Here's a sampling of what the impressed sightseers said via Twitter Friday afternoon:
    • @rpravato (Stacheketball contributor): Chuckling at all these people just now figuring out who Keith Benson is
    • @vgoodwill (Detroit News): Keith Benson outjumped the marker in workouts. Meaning he jumped past 12 feet. #WOW
    • @Patrick_Hayes (Great Lakes Hoops/Pistons Powered contributor): Always underrated athletically
    News out of Chicago during measurement day Friday is that Benson leaped up and touched higher than the 12-foot measuring stick given to prospective NBA players. Several tweets from reporters insinuated Benson is doing incredible things there, but you're probably used to that.
    One report said Benson was smaller than listed at Oakland, and that could be a potential detractor for teams, because the one knock on Benson has always been his size.
    MLive reported Friday that Benson doesn't yet have a date to work out for the Pistons, but does expect to line something up. He told the www.freep.com/article/20110521/SPORTS03/105210427" target="_blank">Detroit Free Press playing for his home team would be "huge." Kito could fit the bill for the Pistons, who have two second-round picks, Nos. 33 and 52 in the June 23 mixer.
    Benson ranks in the second half of a recent top-10 list of center prospects.
    "He's got the requisite size and terrific hops, but needs to get much stronger," the reports says.
    Projections usually have Benson going late in the first round or early second, and multiple mock drafts have him settling down in Boston after the Celtics dearly missed big man Kendrick Perkins this postseason. Some prognosticators have him joining fellow Summit League alum George Hill in San Antonio. Hill went No. 26 to the Spurs in 2008. Valparaiso legend and www.latimes.com/sports/sns-tsn-aen-drew-valpo-p1-20110517,0,2048858.story" target="_blank">new coach Bryce Drew went No. 16 back in 1998. Benson would of course become the first Oakland player drafted by an NBA team, but www.nba.com/playerfile/rawle_marshall/career_stats.html" target="_blank">Rawle Marshall played in the NBA for Dallas and Indiana from 2005-2007 after signing with the Mavericks as an undrafted free agent.
    Pretty good job done by not only Benson, who recently signed with agent Leon Rose (LeBron, Carmelo, Dwyane Wade), but the Oakland staff that www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2011/01/23/sports/grizzlies/doc4d3b2b0eee35a704980158.txt?viewmode=fullstory" target="_blank">snatched him away from Fairfield along the recruiting trail.
    http://opgrizzden.blogspot.com/2011/05/benson-impresses-at-nba-combine.html