2014 Draft Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

2014 Draft Thoughts

With all the talk of tanking going into next season's seemingly loaded draft - I took a look at some of the players expected to declare.

Top 10 seems loaded with Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Smart, Harrison, Young, Robinson, Cauley-Stein, Selden, and Harris.

Celtics would be fortunate to add any of these players to their team, however, I feel like the ultimate prize in this pool is Duke's Jabari Parker - not Wiggins.

Parker brings a more refined overall game (shooting, passing, rebounding), a superior competitive drive (4 State Championships at Simeon Career Academy in Chicago), and is NBA ready (240 lbs). He is a Mormon (like Ainge) who is selfless, coachable, and wants to win.

Every Wiggins highlight I've seen is just some flashy windmill dunk and scouts say he becomes complacent/disinterested at times. Watch a Parker highlight video and you'll observe his diverse skill set. Hesitation drives to basket, crossover step back jumpers, setting up teammates with easy baskets, spin moves and reverse layups, soft touch, solid handles, strong shooting mechanics with the ability to pull up or spot up. Not to mention his improved athleticism after dropping some weight and toning his body. He can throw down some power dunks, too!

I feel like I will be in the minority here, but I would prefer Parker's skills/attitude to Wiggins' athleticism and upside. Tank for Parker!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

Re: 2014 Draft Thoughts

In response to Archer1's comment:

With all the talk of tanking going into next season's seemingly loaded draft - I took a look at some of the players expected to declare.

Top 10 seems loaded with Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Smart, Harrison, Young, Robinson, Cauley-Stein, Selden, and Harris.

Celtics would be fortunate to add any of these players to their team, however, I feel like the ultimate prize in this pool is Duke's Jabari Parker - not Wiggins.

Parker brings a more refined overall game (shooting, passing, rebounding), a superior competitive drive (4 State Championships at Simeon Vocational in Chicago), and is NBA ready (240 lbs). He is a Mormon (like Ainge) who is selfless, coachable, and wants to win.

Every Wiggins highlight I've seen is just some flashy windmill dunk and scouts say he becomes complacent/disinterested at times. Watch a Parker highlight video and you'll observe his diverse skill set. Hesitation drives to basket, crossover step back jumpers, setting up teammates with easy baskets, spin moves and reverse layups, soft touch, solid handles, strong shooting mechanics with the ability to pull up or spot up. Not to mention his improved athleticism after dropping some weight and toning his body. He can throw down some power dunks, too!

I feel like I will be in the minority here, but I would prefer Parker's skills/attitude to Wiggins' athleticism and upside. Tank for Parker!

Aaron Gordon and Randle are both better than Parker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Aaron Gordon is Michael Beasley with less offense.

Randle is good, but is a bit undersized.

Parker is a prototypical small forward.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

Parker brings a more refined overall game (shooting, passing, rebounding), a superior competitive drive (4 State Championships at Simeon Career Academy in Chicago), and is NBA ready (240 lbs). He is a Mormon (like Ainge) who is selfless, coachable, and wants to win.

There is a BIG difference in the definition of the words tanking and rebuilding, as used in the context of this forum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

There's lots of proving ground to cover next year with the incoming HS studs.  I wpould prefer drafting more tested and mature players with at least two years of college.  

Assuming we're in the lottery it may be time to draft a PG.  I would be looking at Smart, OLK St. Freshman. could be the best PG in the draft. or a Big man like 7'0" Willie Cauley Freshman Center from Kentucky.      

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Really like Marcus Smart with his size, skills, and leadership. I was disappointed with OkSt's 1st round exit in the tournament this year - so I'll be looking for him to lead that team deeper this year. I would have Smart ranked at #3 behind Parker and Wiggins for draft prospects.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

i'd be happy with paker or wiggins. since the the Magic are a lock to get the #1 pick in 2014 i think Boston's best bet is #2, which should be parker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Wiggins, Gordan, Or Randle would be my top 3. Parker would be a close 4,