2014 NBA Draft: Projecting next year's lottery picks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Re: 2014 NBA Draft: Projecting next year's lottery picks!

In response to BCSP's comment:

UK is going to be loaded next college hoops season!!

If I am the Cs, I tell RR to take his time coming back from injury! A return post All Star game would be about right!

If he follows the lead of John Wall and Derrick Rose and returns ONLY when he feels ready to contribute, then mid-February would be about right. Of course, by the time he gets back into NBA shape and clears the cobwebs from his game, it'll be mid to late March. Will that be enough games to see if he not only has his game back but has even improved. Only then can you consider trading him before the 2014 Draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to painter's comment:

[QUOTE]

I will be watching allot of college B-ball this season! Can't wait to see these kids in action!!

Usually, but not always, competing teams in college tend to overplay and double-and-triple-team the "stars", thus reducing their effectiveness and not allowing them to showcase their abilities.  This was certainly the case with Shaq at LSU.  He had guys hanging all over him and was always impaired in his efforts.  It's only when there is a "matchup" game between two players playing the same positions or real overmatches would we see any semblance of a players true capabilites, albeit in the latter case, against no competition.  It doesn't mean that the games aren't worth watching, but I personally wouldn't expect to see NBA-level play from any players but point guards.  

[/QUOTE]

Good point - these guys will have to work a little harder to show case their talents on the NCAA stage! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to SoCalCeltFan's comment:

[QUOTE]

UK is going to be loaded next college hoops season!!

If I am the Cs, I tell RR to take his time coming back from injury! A return post All Star game would be about right!

If he follows the lead of John Wall and Derrick Rose and returns ONLY when he feels ready to contribute, then mid-February would be about right. Of course, by the time he gets back into NBA shape and clears the cobwebs from his game, it'll be mid to late March. Will that be enough games to see if he not only has his game back but has even improved. Only then can you consider trading him before the 2014 Draft.

[/QUOTE]

Makes perfect sense - unless DA gets a deal he can't refuse! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

it doesn't matter when rondo comes back, he has no one to pass to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

it doesn't matter when rondo comes back, he has no one to pass to.

He will have KO, Green, and AB! Brooks may also become a new favorite target!