23 pts 12 assists and 5 boards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

23 pts 12 assists and 5 boards

...and there are still people who are hatin on Rondo. This is a good night for Rondo in terms of scoring, and a fairly average game in terms of assists and rebounds. I don't know what else you want out of him. He absolutely shreds defenses and people still want to hate on his free throws. Come on! People don't get on Ray for not averaging a ton of rebounds. It just isn't something that he does well. People still want to hate on Rondo though. This will probably get some responses from the haters, but the stats speak for themselves.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Re: 23 pts 12 assists and 5 boards

Rondo is our MVP and maybe NBAs MVP later in the season

Representing our Celtics here in LA 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I really don't get the Rondo haters as I think he's a mighty fine player. But everyone's entitled to their opinions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

WHO is hating on rondo tonight?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Rondo is a very good or great player in some games. People who have been talking about his weaknesses and incomplete or lobsided skills don't necessarily hate him. He is effective in many games and can disappear in other games. Last year, he was fabulus in Orlando and Cleveland series and then disappeared in the finals. Tonight, he scored a bunch of layups. His jumpers and free throws were still a big problem. He was 1 for 4 from the line. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

Rondo's assists are pure gold.  His defense solid his drive skills (highlighted tonight) outstanding.  If Rondo shoots more there aren't enough shots to go around for PP Ray and KG.   If they don't get enough shots they don't find the groove...  the Celts lose. That's the truth. Look what Rondo's assists have done for Shaq this year..   In Cleveland he played his old back to the basket ...  Bump bump bump ugh hook shot game...  this year Rondo -  and others, put the ball in his hands facing the basket and his shooting percentage is up 10 points...   thats no accident - thats the value of an assist.  Assits boost Rays Kev and PPs averages too.  Rondo's assist first approach won the Celtics the championship and took them to game seven the next time the team was healthy (relatively). (Yet Acie BLAMES RONDO for losing last year's title!!! ) With possible exception of Kidd and Nash no other NBA guard would have made 08 victory for the big three possible.    D Wade wouldn't have, the team would have imploded, Hindrich? LOL  even Williams or Chris Paul would have had real trouble meshing with the big three,    Harris??      Acie and Puddin head are idiots. They remind me of Doc haters...   too caught up in their own bias to see reality.     
    Would Rondo be better if his foul shooting improved..  and he hit 49% of his 3's   yes    Would Shaq be better if his foul shooting improved... and he hit 49% of his 3's     yes..   so what?   Is Shaq one of the 5 best centers EVER to play NBA basketbal   Yes  And by the end of his career Rondo MAY be as well (he has a ways to go - but he's sure a top 5 active point guard today)   Every player has strong and weak points.  Rondo's strengths fit this team perfectly.     The best players leverage the best parts of their game with desire and knowing how to win...     Rondo has shown that to us again and again.    And he is getting better and better each month...  

The Miami debacle illustrates what an incredible accomplishment the 08 Celtics Championship was ...   especially for the Coach and the point guard,,,   
    This was a season for the ages...   we have been fortunate to have a front row seat...     Thank You Doc,  Thank you Rondo....   and yes Paul, Kev, Ray Perk...

oh   and thank you, thank you Danny! 

go Celts   18!   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

sorry for calling you an idiot Acie.   You are not an idiot.   I got carried away. 

I apologize.    

I also shouldn't have called Puddin an idiot.  Although his pontifications on Rondo's shortcomings do sometimes really seem idiotic.  Thank goodness he doesn't have a say in the Celtics management lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I also shouldn't have called Puddin an idiot." He's not an idiot, just a troll who bangs the anti-Rondo drum to the point he is rooting for him to fail. 

lovetruth, no real beef with your Rondo analysis except you are breaking him down individually, whereas KG will also add to remind you, "Rondo is the leader of this team." 

The Lakers were not a good matchup for Rondo last year but I strongly believe that they will go in to a Lakers series this year with a different game plan, and yes, that could include some Delonte/Nate in the fourth quarter if Rondo can't get his free throw shooting where it needs to be.... But we get ahead of ourselves, who knows who will make the finals out west. :) 

Interestingly, Doc wasn't that happy with all of Rondo's points. On this team, Rondo just needs to score about 14 or so points shooting a good percentage, and get his assists around 15 a game. Even last year there were nights we needed Rondo's scoring but with Big Baby and Shaq playing very well and KG scoring more Rondo doesn't need to score. He does need to mind his turnovers and do the defensive team lockdown though, and not go rogue on the defensive end.

Those posters here who think Rondo needs to be scoring 20 a game are not in touch with what this team needs from him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

GO RONDO!!! GO CELTS!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

I love Rondo. I just want him to make FREE THROWS as a GUARD in the NBA. That is not hating at all. I can not think of a top tier point guard EVER that shoots so bad at the line. I am baffled. My Dad even yells about it, and thats not easy to get him to do.

Just Practice man. Shoot them until to start making them in practice!! He doesnt care enough to do it. He did it last year with Mark Price to get better. Have not heard a thing this year...why???? You still S*ck at it!

Everything else is great with this guy. I can handle the iffy jumper. Cazn anyone IMAGINE if DJ couldnt make a free throw?? Christ he would have been killed by Bird. 

Just make free throws man, c'mon. It's ridiculous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo scoring 23 is great because most were layups. Thats exactly the type of scoring we need from Rondo. It just breaks the defense down bigtime...

Ive criticized Rondo here in the past when comparing him to the best PGs in the league or suggesting pulling him late in the 4th when our offense stagnates and teams sag off him clogging the lane and destroying Pierces iso's. Yea, his lack of shooting and FT's can be a big liability at times. Just stating the obvious. Doesnt mean I dont think Rondo is a star and as important as anybody on this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: 23 pts 12 assists and 5 boards:
    [QUOTE]The Lakers were not a good matchup for Rondo last year but I strongly believe that they will go in to a Lakers series this year with a different game plan, and yes, that could include some Delonte/Nate in the fourth quarter if Rondo can't get his free throw shooting where it needs to be.... Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

i do believe that i have to disagree with that.  if kobe had to guard rondo honestly (read: up close if he was a jumper threat), then kobe wouldn't guard him because he's not fast enough to.

so then you revert to derek fisher, whose quickness is 7 or 8 years removed from him. 

i was looking for rondo to have a HUGE lakers series and welcoming kobe to "guard" him, just as i was chortling at the thought of lebron's threat to "guard" rondo.  6-7 and 6-8 guys have no business having any success guarding rondo.

unless he goes tentative and can't / won't hit the open shots they give him. 

it was horrible to see kobe get night after night off at the defensive end in that series with us last year- i am of the opinion that kobe is reaching the stage of his career where fatigue should play a big role in how well he does in games 93-100.  we didn't capitalize on or even explore that last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]" I also shouldn't have called Puddin an idiot." He's not an idiot, just a troll who bangs the anti-Rondo drum to the point he is rooting for him to fail.  lovetruth, no real beef with your Rondo analysis except you are breaking him down individually, whereas KG will also add to remind you, "Rondo is the leader of this team."  The Lakers were not a good matchup for Rondo last year but I strongly believe that they will go in to a Lakers series this year with a different game plan, and yes, that could include some Delonte/Nate in the fourth quarter if Rondo can't get his free throw shooting where it needs to be.... But we get ahead of ourselves, who knows who will make the finals out west. :)  Interestingly, Doc wasn't that happy with all of Rondo's points. On this team, Rondo just needs to score about 14 or so points shooting a good percentage, and get his assists around 15 a game. Even last year there were nights we needed Rondo's scoring but with Big Baby and Shaq playing very well and KG scoring more Rondo doesn't need to score. He does need to mind his turnovers and do the defensive team lockdown though, and not go rogue on the defensive end. Those posters here who think Rondo needs to be scoring 20 a game are not in touch with what this team needs from him. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

BTS...... please.... the IGNORE option is available to you too as you have often swore you were going to do... but never follow thru.

And I promise to disappear if you do.

And I am rooting for Rondo to prove me wrong and I have for over 400 games now. A good/great game against the hapless Cavs is hardly going to prove my idiocy. I've seen what good teams do to young Rondo. I've seen the Lakers humiliate him last year.

It will take a lot to make me forget that.

How about a serviceable  midrange game and some accurate FT shooting? That would certainly help rehab his reputation. Not too much to ask. 

How about good teams honoring his jumper.

When they do.... I will too.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Hate is the some people's way of life....even when something is good...there are some who will hate it. Keep ballin Rondo....those armchair haters will divert their hate to someone else in another week or so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Ex,

I always enjoy reading your posts.

Rondo is an amazing player with some dominating skills and some weaknesses.

I like his game more and more as he matures and eliminates more and more of the "look at me I am Rondo the great" plays. His focus now is more on the team.

It is great to see him focus on assists, instead of steals. His steals, many times, came at the cost of team defense. In addition, the offense, except at the end of quarters, has improved dramatically this year, and it has a lot to do with Rondo.

In all fairness, the acid test is not how he plays against the Cavs, but the Lakers, Mavericks, Spurs, Utah, Hornets, Magic, Bulls and Heat. These are the teams that matter, and we may face in the play-offs. The Cavs offered little defensive resistance for most of the game.

I would still like to see Nate Play at the end of quarters against teams that matter. Rondo will not drive to the hoop because he is afraid to shoot free throws, and he will not shoot because he does not have the confidence. Opposing teams know this, and play off of him in those circumstances.

I doubt that Doc will do it, however, because it would be a problem for Rondo.

The good news is that the Celtics are probably good enough to win the championship anyway. Enjoy the ride.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Rajon is the best passing PG in the NBA.  If the team needs him to score like last night he can do that too.

But that is not his job.  His job is to distribute the basketball and apparently he is doing a great job

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 23 pts 12 assists and 5 boards : BTS...... please.... the IGNORE option is available to you too as you have often swore you were going to do... but never follow thru. And I promise to disappear if you do. And I am rooting for Rondo to prove me wrong and I have for over 400 games now. A good/great game against the hapless Cavs is hardly going to prove my idiocy. I've seen what good teams do to young Rondo. I've seen the Lakers humiliate him last year. It will take a lot to make me forget that. How about a serviceable  midrange game and some accurate FT shooting? That would certainly help rehab his reputation. Not too much to ask.  How about good teams honoring his jumper. When they do.... I will too. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

ive been reading this and im confused..the lakers humiliated Rondo in the Finals last year?? umm..wen i read this i scratched my head, then went to nba.com and youtube.com to refresh my memory so i knew i was right..if humiliation is not averaging a triple double in the series, so be it, but if humiliation is whats posted below..ehh..lets see a lil sample of wat rondo did vs the lakers last season.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9g_oMZXGo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQDOo3Fi1iE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1SusWXDCI

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

what i see is finishing games. both offensive and defensively. THATS why doc keeps him on the floor in the 4th qtr.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to 23 pts 12 assists and 5 boards:
    [QUOTE]...and there are still people who are hatin on Rondo. This is a good night for Rondo in terms of scoring, and a fairly average game in terms of assists and rebounds. I don't know what else you want out of him. He absolutely shreds defenses and people still want to hate on his free throws. Come on! People don't get on Ray for not averaging a ton of rebounds. It just isn't something that he does well. People still want to hate on Rondo though. This will probably get some responses from the haters, but the stats speak for themselves.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

Rondo's first game back Calderon had 14points and 15 assists while Rondo had 4 points and 14 assists.  Every single night you can find a point guard that had a better night than Rondo and none of those point guards play with Shaq, Pierce, KG, and Ray.

I know that it is completely impossible for most people to think that there are actual other players in the league and other teams in the league.... as if the Cs are playing the Washington Generals every night like the Harlem Globetrotters.... Mike Conley Jr had 28 last night while beating the Lakers and he did not have #5, #36, #34, and #20, etc.

It also probably does not occur to any fans that the opposing coach says "let Rondo do whatever he wants, Paul, Ray, and KG are not going to beat us tonight"......like last night.

Rondo is a nice player and throws up some gaudy stats but whenever you view those stats make at least a reasonbly objective attempt at recognizing that Rondo is playing with 4 first ballot hall of fame players, a couple of them unanimous, and he does not make them better - i.e. they were all already going to the hall of fame. 

Which of the guys that Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Westbrook, Nash, Kidd, and so on are going to the hall of fame?  Which of these guys have all 4 of their fellow starters are going first ballot?

Rondo remains the worst shooter in the league by just about any measure... they played one of the absolute worst teams in the league and Rondo had a game that Chris Paul is an average year for Chris Paul - but of course perspective does not matter.

If Chris Paul has 23 and 12.... snooze, whatever....  Rondo has 23 and 12 and homers / idiots think how can there be any doubt that he can be anything less than the best point guard in the league.

The degree to which Rondo benefits from who he plays with cannot be overestimated........  If Tyreke Evans is the point guard they are just as good if not better, if Steph Curry, etc. if Brandon Jennings, etc. if John Wall etc. if Arron Brooks etc. if so on so on.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

worst shooter in the league? watch out..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

so rondo is hurting and nate is hurting, this might not be good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 23 pts 12 assists and 5 boards : Rondo's first game back Calderon had 14points and 15 assists while Rondo had 4 points and 14 assists.  Every single night you can find a point guard that had a better night than Rondo and none of those point guards play with Shaq, Pierce, KG, and Ray. I know that it is completely impossible for most people to think that there are actual other players in the league and other teams in the league.... as if the Cs are playing the Washington Generals every night like the Harlem Globetrotters.... Mike Conley Jr had 28 last night while beating the Lakers and he did not have #5, #36, #34, and #20, etc. It also probably does not occur to any fans that the opposing coach says "let Rondo do whatever he wants, Paul, Ray, and KG are not going to beat us tonight"......like last night. Rondo is a nice player and throws up some gaudy stats but whenever you view those stats make at least a reasonbly objective attempt at recognizing that Rondo is playing with 4 first ballot hall of fame players, a couple of them unanimous, and he does not make them better - i.e. they were all already going to the hall of fame.  Which of the guys that Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Westbrook, Nash, Kidd, and so on are going to the hall of fame?  Which of these guys have all 4 of their fellow starters are going first ballot? Rondo remains the worst shooter in the league by just about any measure... they played one of the absolute worst teams in the league and Rondo had a game that Chris Paul is an average year for Chris Paul - but of course perspective does not matter. If Chris Paul has 23 and 12.... snooze, whatever....  Rondo has 23 and 12 and homers / idiots think how can there be any doubt that he can be anything less than the best point guard in the league. The degree to which Rondo benefits from who he plays with cannot be overestimated........  If Tyreke Evans is the point guard they are just as good if not better, if Steph Curry, etc. if Brandon Jennings, etc. if John Wall etc. if Arron Brooks etc. if so on so on.......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Say what you want. You just bumped this thread up. Those stats don't lie.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]Ex, I always enjoy reading your posts. Rondo is an amazing player with some dominating skills and some weaknesses. I like his game more and more as he matures and eliminates more and more of the "look at me I am Rondo the great" plays. His focus now is more on the team. It is great to see him focus on assists, instead of steals. His steals, many times, came at the cost of team defense. In addition, the offense, except at the end of quarters, has improved dramatically this year, and it has a lot to do with Rondo. In all fairness, the acid test is not how he plays against the Cavs, but the Lakers, Mavericks, Spurs, Utah, Hornets, Magic, Bulls and Heat. These are the teams that matter, and we may face in the play-offs. The Cavs offered little defensive resistance for most of the game. I would still like to see Nate Play at the end of quarters against teams that matter. Rondo will not drive to the hoop because he is afraid to shoot free throws, and he will not shoot because he does not have the confidence. Opposing teams know this, and play off of him in those circumstances. I doubt that Doc will do it, however, because it would be a problem for Rondo. The good news is that the Celtics are probably good enough to win the championship anyway. Enjoy the ride.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that.

Your analysis is spot on. On some nights it might be better to have Nate close out a game, but I still maintain that Rondo's court vision is more deadly than Nate will ever be on offense.