2nd and 3rd still a possibility

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: 2nd and 3rd still a possibility

6 is fine - Knicks, Pacers, Heat

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Unless Doc decides to rest PP and Kg for the playofss...depends if they hit a skid...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Very doubtful they can get that high.  4th seed is about the best we can do IMO.  Sure if the Celtics don't lose but a few more games and the competition falls flat they might have a chance but I doubt it.  Too many games back with too few left.  The C's have a pretty tough schedule this month and a lot easier next month.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Very doubtful they can get that high.  4th seed is about the best we can do IMO.  Sure if the Celtics don't lose but a few more games and the competition falls flat they might have a chance but I doubt it.  Too many games back with too few left.  The C's have a pretty tough schedule this month and a lot easier next month.

Pacers and Knicks have a tough March and April schedule.

And the Celts only need one of the two, the Pacers or the Knicks, to struggle.

We have a tough schedule the rest of this month,  7-12 on the road with games against the Thunder, Heat, Atlanta, Memphis, and 2 against NY.  Thats a pretty tough stretch as well.   I didn't say it couldn't happen, but more than likely not. Yes both of those teams have tough schedules left,  but they are just as capable of winning them as we are ours.  The only way we catch NY is we win both games against them coming up IMO.  Split with them and it gets a lot harder.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We have a tough schedule the rest of this month,  7-12 on the road with games against the Thunder, Heat, Atlanta, Memphis, and 2 against NY.  Thats a pretty tough stretch as well.   I didn't say it couldn't happen, but more than likely not. Yes both of those teams have tough schedules left,  but they are just as capable of winning them as we are ours.  The only way we catch NY is we win both games against them coming up IMO.  Split with them and it gets a lot harder.

Like I said, the Celts don't have to catch both the Knicks and the Pacers. If the Celts can't catch the Knicks then go after the Pacers for the 3rd seed.

Right now the Pacers have 23 losses and the Knicks have 22 losses. If one of them ends up having a bad week then the Celts have a shot.

But if the Celts can't get the 3rd seed then might as well stay the 6th seed and give KG and Pierce some time off in April.

Playing the Heat in mid-May is better than playing them in the 2nd round in early May. Guys like Jordan Crawford need more time to learn and get comfortable with the Celts.

The first post on the thread was the 2nd seed.  We have 27 losses.  Not sure what playing the Heat in mid May has to do with this discussion.  I thought we were talking about seedings. 

Your basically talking about the Celtics having a better chance because one guy will be here a couple weeks longer?  The odds of us playing longer series in the first and second round is a lot bigger than the Heat playing long series.  So our players would probably be a lot more drain than the younger Heat stars.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We do have a chance for the 2nd seed but not a very good one.

Passing 4 teams in the standings with about 20 games left in the season is a big leap. The chances of us maintaining a 78% winning percentage since the diva got lost is also a big leap.

We're 5 games back of the Knicks in the loss column... but they may have some injuries which could really hurt.. but INdiana doesnt and I just dont see it happening....

What is easily within reach is the 4th seed, home court and a skip over playing either the Heat or Pacers first round.  Thats where my crosshairs would be targeting

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Passing 4 teams in the standings with about 20 games left in the season is a big leap. The chances of us maintaining a 78% winning percentage since the diva got lost is also a big leap.

We're 5 games back of the Knicks in the loss column... but they may have some injuries which could really hurt.. but INdiana doesnt and I just dont see it happening....

What is easily within reach is the 4th seed, home court and a skip over playing either the Heat or Pacers first round.  Thats where my crosshairs would be targeting

You have to factor in the Pacers only have 9 homes in 20 total games left.

The Knicks have injuries to Amare and Melo and they're going on a 5-game west coast trip next week.

Maybe a shot at the 2nd seed is a long shot, but the 3rd seed is definitely doable.

Look I want to get as high in the seedings as much as anyone, but just being realistic.  The Pacers are nearly a 500 road team also.  The Knicks won a ton of games last year without both Melo and Amare and destroyed Utah last nite without them.  I still think the most important thing is sweeping the Knicks the last two games.  If we do that then the chances go way up in catching them.  I don't think we are going to keep winning all these OT games and 1 pt games.  Odds are we are going to lose some.  We have to start closing teams out better.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

You have to factor in the Pacers only have 9 homes in 20 total games left.

The Knicks have injuries to Amare and Melo and they're going on a 5-game west coast trip next week.

Maybe a shot at the 2nd seed is a long shot, but the 3rd seed is definitely doable.

Look I want to get as high in the seedings as much as anyone, but just being realistic.  The Pacers are nearly a 500 road team also.  The Knicks won a ton of games last year without both Melo and Amare and destroyed Utah last nite without them.  I still think the most important thing is sweeping the Knicks the last two games.  If we do that then the chances go way up in catching them.  I don't think we are going to keep winning all these OT games and 1 pt games.  Odds are we are going to lose some.  We have to start closing teams out better.

We'll know more about the Pacers and Knicks next week.

But if you're right and the Celts can't get the 2nd or 3rd seed, I say let KG and Pierce have some time off in April and stay the 6th seed.

They can close out better by playing more games. Remember, Rondo is out, the Celts need to execute in the halfcourt better with AB, Terry, or Pierce setting up the offense.

More games played, more progress. That's why I want the Heat in the 3rd round, not the 2nd round.

The above bolded is the most important part for us.  Cutting turnovers down at that time of the game.  But with Rondo we had trouble closing out teams as well.   I would  still like to see Paul and KG get some time off and shorter minutes.  I don't think they are being overused too bad though right now.  I think Doc should be getting White and maybe even Randolph some minutes because at some point we are going to need the size.  Chicago comes to mind because they are big.  The Heat come to mind because thats what hurts them  the most.   I think White could give us some physical play that we need.  Randolph is unknown but I don't think you score 30 pts a game without being able to put it in the hole.  He could be very valuable as well.  Of course if he isn't scoring in practice, that could be why he isn't playing.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

With 20 games remaining,closing out an eight game lead in the standings will take some doing but is doable. We have 12 games left in March, 6 of which are against playoff ranked teams as of this morning. April we play 9 games 3 against playoff ranked teams. I'm thinking if we can make it to #4 by March 31,making it 2 or 3 seed,especially since in our last 20 we play the knicks 3 times, the cheat twice, Indy once,Nets once and Atl once as well. Given that we play 8 out of 20 against teams in our conference,if we can sweep those 8 games we can definately make the 2 or 3 seed. It's a tough row to hoe,but we can do it. This year in the NFL the f@#king crows were tagged a team of "destiny" why can't we do it ? 18 might be the sweetest one since William Felton won as a player/coach, a feat that will never be matched. Yes I said 18 and I feel better every game about saying that. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ha, no

I feel the Celts lost a shot at the 2 or 3 when they were robbed of a win they had wrapped up vs. the Bulls w/ the BS jump ball after a clear foul, when they lost by 3 to the Knicks at home and when they blew the 27 point lead to the Hawks.

If they had those 3 they would be in 4th now and 1.5 back of NY for 2nd.

The 4th seed remains better than the 3 seed anyhow unless the Bulls have a healthy Rose and are seeded 5th. The 2nd seed is obviously the best seed to have but it would require a 17-4 finish, beating NY twice to get the tiebreaker while they went 13-9 and the Pacers would have to go 12-8.

Not going to happen

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Like I said we need to concentrate on about the 4th seed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

This isn't even possible if they lose games that they should win like the ugly game last night.  In order for the Celtics to move up in the standings they have win a good percentage of their remaining games. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Yeah, not so much.  Celts will be lucky to come in at the 5 spot.  4 spot is the ceiling.