3-team deal for CP3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: 3-team deal for CP3

Null,
    Why post here then we clearly have been outflanked by the league and Laker land.  All this matters little because the Thunder will never let you get out of the west for the next several years. Congrats for at least being competitive out west.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: 3-team deal for CP3:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-team deal for CP3 :   The original deal mooted was Gasol for CP3 which obviously changed. You're comment about 'like that will happen' was about you referring to CP3 landing in L.A. You have been quoted many times saying CP3 would not land in L.A and you were clearly wrong. Please do not post that DH won't go to the Lakers as well because with you're record, there's nothing more sure that superman becomes a Laker.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

DH might want to become a Laker, but what are they going to give up for him? Gasol and Odom are now gone? A simple Bynum and Howard swap will not work.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-team deal for CP3 : That's right. In order for the Lakers to get DH they would have to accept a bad contract in return. DH + Arenas = 37.3m, where will the Lakers get 37.3m in cap space? It was supposed to be Bynum + Odom for DH. In effect the Lakers took themselves out of the running for DH when they traded for CP3.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You said the Lakers wouldn't get CP3 and it happened. Now you're saying that the Lakers took themselves out of the running for DH.....you heard it here first folks! Guess what, DH will now become a Laker because F34 said he won't!

Ugh!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFanOutWest. Show LakerFanOutWest's posts

Sorry guys, we just filled our weakest position (Fisher to CP).

Now its onto Bynum for Howard.

Then taking away Boston's all-time Championship record.

Feel it all slipping away?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry guys, we just filled our weakest position (Fisher to CP). Now its onto Bynum for Howard. Then taking away Boston's all-time Championship record. Feel it all slipping away?
    Posted by LakerFanOutWest[/QUOTE]

ha funny? u guys dont have the cap to get dh, all u got is an upgrade a pg, but with that a pg with a bum knee that wont last that long most likely...plus who else is on the lakers besides cp3 KoMe and bynum?? theo ratliff?? jason kapono? HAHAHA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-team deal for CP3 : ha funny? u guys dont have the cap to get dh, all u got is an upgrade a pg, but with that a pg with a bum knee that wont last that long most likely...plus who else is on the lakers besides cp3 KoMe and bynum?? theo ratliff?? jason kapono? HAHAHA
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    Bro, Danny Ainge was willing to mortgage the future to win now with CP3 and now that supposedly the Lakers have landed CP3, he has a bum knee and won't last?  Three weeks left until season starts and many more deals going to happen. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry guys, we just filled our weakest position (Fisher to CP). Now its onto Bynum for Howard. Then taking away Boston's all-time Championship record. Feel it all slipping away?

If you guys get DH then as much as I hate to say it but our championship record will be gone.

Well done, unlike some here I admit you're front office must have done a hell of a job so gratz on that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-team deal for CP3 : Bro, Danny Ainge was willing to mortgage the future to win now with CP3 and now that supposedly the Lakers have landed CP3, he has a bum knee and won't last?  Three weeks left until season starts and many more deals going to happen. 
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

well it was already known that he has a bad knee, hes still a superb player, but that wont win them anything unless they get another big piece..they still may, but lakers fans that think they will win anything with their current roster are just plain dumb

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Kind of like us thinking we'd win with our current roster, soxfan?  No way.  We have to make moves and we know it.  Lakers know they have more moves to make, but that step of getting Paul was a key in the desire to get Howard.  

You think Howard isn't sitting there saying to himself that he can move to LA to live in LA LA land with the stars, do commercials and maybe movies, get a max contract, and play with Kobe and CP3 as well to win a championship?   I bet he's licking his chops and he KNOWS that Orlando is not going to get a top name.  Even if they got DWill, that's not going to make him a contender.  He's looking at LA, Boston, Miami, Chicago, NY Knicks, and OKC saying:   wow, I can't compete unless I join one of them!

Howard is DEFINITELY more inclined to go to Lakers.   And.....he can do what Carmelo and Paul did:  I'm not signing an extension unless I go to a team I approve of (read:  Lakers).

Lakers are now in the lead for HOward.  It ain't over, but they have the lead now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-team deal for CP3 : well it was already known that he has a bad knee, hes still a superb player, but that wont win them anything unless they get another big piece..they still may, but lakers fans that think they will win anything with their current roster are just plain dumb
    You might be right, but I certainly like our chances now compared to a team that did not respond last year.  You can't repeat in the NBA by doing the same thing.  I think Lakers realized this and knew it was time. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The celtics better have another plan.  I suspect we don't at the moment.  Odom and Gasol made no sense compared to Rondo, Green and two first round draft picks look at the age and salary differences.  They say they cooled on Rondo but were ready to take the package  when they called the Lakers to tell them they were taking the Celtics offer.  It is all highly suspicious.  The Stern fix may have been in.  Let's see how the Howard part works out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: 3-team deal for CP3": [QUOTE]DH for Andrew Bynum, 1 on 1 trade? Dream on, trolls! KG and Ray Allen for DH and Arenas.  Rondo and DH together not bad at all! Ha Ha Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] Unfortunately, Howard for Bynum is a real possibility: Howard pulls a Carmelo and Paul by saying he will only sign an extension with the Lakers. NO either deals him for Bynum or Howard walks at the end of the season and Magic get nothing! Howard is in the drivers seat here! As for Rondo and Howard together without Ray and KG: neither Howard or Rondo can shoot a free throw nor a shot beyond a layup or dunk. Yuck! They have to be surrounded by shooters or they are mediocre!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

[QUOTE]i love chris paul as a player, but man is he a dope...if he comes here, KG, Ray, and PP need to show him how to be a true professional.
    i AGREE also he seems to be such a good friend, he would go to NY and make half the money he would here. would they do that not sure. Tyson just signed a  4yr 60 million deal. Where was Melo and Amare' Knicks really cant afford CP3 now. Hey if he came here would he get number 3?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

NULL and void. sorry! lol