30 REBOUNDS?????????????????????????????????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

30 REBOUNDS?????????????????????????????????

Only 30 Rebounds against a 1-9 team??????????????????

I am old enough to remember seeing (in person) Bill Russell getting 30 (or more!) rebounds all by himself in many games.

Now I know that none of the current Celtics are in Russell's league as far as a player, BUT only getting 30 total rebounds as a team is downright discouraging.  And, I don't really care about playing four games in five days or even playing six games in five days.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: 30 REBOUNDS?????????????????????????????????

Fiercest,

Hard to relax because even if there is a trade made the majority of the current non rebounding guys will still be on the floor.  

AND, the non rebounding emphasis from the coaching staff will still be around as well.

I really like Doc Rivers plenty, but this lack of attention to rebounding really frustrates me.  A rebound given away/not gotten is just like a turnover as it gives the opponenet just ANOTHER possession forcing the Celtics to have to almost play perfect offense and defense each and every minute of every game.  Quality rebounding also sets a physical tone in each and every game that can be part of a victory without scoring a point.

Rebounding is much more about emphasis and desire.  Height is nice, but not 100% important as Paul Silas led the league in rebounds and he was not quite 6'6 and Dennis Rodman led the league several times at 6'6. 

If you DECIDE to rebound you can at least keep your guy from getting the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

With all the C's missed shots last night, plenty of extra opportunities for rebounds. Is pretty sad to see team after team dominate the boards and get 2nd and 3rd shots.

On the defensive side, it comes down to personal..

On the offensive side, its Docs style to release on a shot and head back to set the defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Fierce--- if you are good enough to analyze the problem from the beginnng, you should have zeroed in the rebounding issue. Instead your analysis are like jambalaya. You are all over the place and no one believes you now. Quality not quantity fierce.. u r hit or miss. Now you are relying on a trade to fix this problem?  I guess that's the only solution....no brainer.

Che zeroed in the problem.....right from the start.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.