31-game Benchmark

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

31-game Benchmark

Last season the Celtics were 23-8 after 31 games. This season they're 7-0 in December with 7 more games to go. I think the Celtics' record this year, after 31 games, will be better than last year's 23-8.

It would be so cool if the Celtics go unbeaten in December en route to a 27-4 record at the start of the new year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: 31-game Benchmark

I agree, they are playing very good ball right now, even with all the injuries to the big men. I want to see what fire power they will have when they get Shaq, JO, Perk, and West back.

If Shaq was playing last night, I doubt Amare would have a huge game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Good luck with that. Rondo is now out for 2 weeks. Cool

Danny Ainge just said on the Big Show that he believes Rajon Rondo will be out for a couple of weeks with his ankle injury.

https://twitter.com/#!/weeisports/status/15506392286760960

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

rondo is going to be out for a couple weeks ainge reported on weei today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They also went 27-27 from Xmas on.

I wanna see what they do in January+February.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: 31-game Benchmark:
    [QUOTE]They also went 27-27 from Xmas on. I wanna see what they do in January+February.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that will happen again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think the rest of the season hangs on how Rondo, Delonte and other injuries will effect the rest of the team and its potential health.  Garnett, Pierce and Allen will all play a lot more minutes in the weeks to come and this could really increase the chance of injury.  I feared it could happen and we are now looking at what could be another season of combatting key injuries.

As Fierce said Avery Bradley is not going to be any real answer.  The guy barely gets in at mop up time. Von Wafer looks incredibly one dimensional.  Harangody deserves more minutes however.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to 31-game Benchmark:
    [QUOTE]Last season the Celtics were 23-8 after 31 games. This season they're 7-0 in December with 7 more games to go. I think the Celtics' record this year, after 31 games, will be better than last year's 23-8. It would be so cool if the Celtics go unbeaten in December en route to a 27-4 record at the start of the new year.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter how you start the season. It's how you finish. The C's were about a .500 team after December last year. With the injuries piling up, this is begininng to look a lot like '09.

I told you Shaq would be spending a lot of time on the injured list. And it's only gonna get worse with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]I think the rest of the season hangs on how Rondo, Delonte and other injuries will effect the rest of the team and its potential health.  Garnett, Pierce and Allen will all play a lot more minutes in the weeks to come and this could really increase the chance of injury.  I feared it could happen and we are now looking at what could be another season of combatting key injuries. As Fierce said Avery Bradley is not going to be any real answer.  The guy barely gets in at mop up time. Von Wafer looks incredibly one dimensional.  Harangody deserves more minutes however.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

P34 was mocking me about Theo Ratliff and Joe Smith for the Lakers. I guess now we'll see how Doc will cover the center position AS WELL as the point.

Guys like Ratliff and Smith don't have to be the teams saviors...only give quality minutes. The Lakers only have Ratliff on the injured list right now. The C's look like a "M.A.S.H. unit". Now ALL of the C's will end up playing increased minutes the way that Gasol was for the Lakers. Believe me, we were thrilled getting Bynum back and Smith as another "big". As soon as Theo Ratliff returns, the Lakers will be in good shape.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 31-game Benchmark : P34 was mocking me about Theo Ratliff and Joe Smith for the Lakers. I guess now we'll see how Doc will cover the center position AS WELL as the point. Guys like Ratliff and Smith don't have to be the teams saviors...only give quality minutes. The Lakers only have Ratliff on the injured list right now. The C's look like a "M.A.S.H. unit". Now ALL of the C's will end up playing increased minutes the way that Gasol was for the Lakers. Believe me, we were thrilled getting Bynum back and Smith as another "big". As soon as Theo Ratliff returns, the Lakers will be in good shape.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Shaq just has an issue with his calf and JON is coming back soon.  As far as the point goes yeah it will be an issue.  As far as the point goes it's Nate and Daniels.  Could be worse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 31-game Benchmark : It doesn't matter how you start the season. It's how you finish. The C's were about a .500 team after December last year. With the injuries piling up, this is begininng to look a lot like '09. I told you Shaq would be spending a lot of time on the injured list. And it's only gonna get worse with him.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

This will not be 09 because we don't have Rasheed Wallace anymore.

In case you didn't know, Shaq can play if Doc allows him to. The Celtics are just playing it safe because they have more or less a 4 game advantage over the #2 team in the east.

I'd rather be 20-4 and resting Shaq than 19-7 and playing Gasol 40 minutes a night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 31-game Benchmark : P34 was mocking me about Theo Ratliff and Joe Smith for the Lakers. I guess now we'll see how Doc will cover the center position AS WELL as the point. Guys like Ratliff and Smith don't have to be the teams saviors...only give quality minutes. The Lakers only have Ratliff on the injured list right now. The C's look like a "M.A.S.H. unit". Now ALL of the C's will end up playing increased minutes the way that Gasol was for the Lakers. Believe me, we were thrilled getting Bynum back and Smith as another "big". As soon as Theo Ratliff returns, the Lakers will be in good shape.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

What happened to you from December 10 to December 16? 

Were you in a M.A.S.H unit getting therapy after that Bulls loss? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I agree, they are playing very good ball right now, even with all the injuries to the big men. I want to see what fire power they will have when they get Shaq, JO, Perk, and West back. If Shaq was playing last night, I doubt Amare would have a huge game.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

It would be great to have all of the bigs healthy at once this season.  Unfortunately, this may never happen. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Qdaddy, come on back in March and let's see if your prediction holds.  I'm betting it doesn't.  C's won't be 100% healthy, but I see them getting MORE, not less healthy.  They are being conservative with Shaq (as everyone notes, he could play now but they are making sure he's ok and its not the most serious of injuries).   Watch them be conservative with Perk and Delonte as well so that they are close to 100% by May.