33 games since the trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

33 games since the trade

So far the Celtics are 13-20 and the Nets are 12-21.

Since both teams have played an equal number of games this is a good point for comparison.  I added up the cumulative totals for the players who have played for their respective teams and averaged them out per team game.

For the Celtics I used the stats from Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Marshon Brooks and Bogans.  For the Nets I used the numbers from Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry.

Per Team Game

Nets Players                            Celtics Players

MPG                       52.21                                          38.27

PPG                       19.24                                           10.36

RPG                       10.76                                            7.76

APG                        4.58                                             3.24

SPG                        1.61                                             1.42

BPG                         .91                                                .85

TOVPG                   3.61                                              2.70

FoulsPG                 5.27                                              2.97

The players traded by the Celtics have clearly played more minutes.  And have accumulated more stats.  Had the trio(Garnett, Pierce, and Terry) played those minutes in Boston they would be taking time on the court from other players.   

For fun, we could also compare the numbers of the traded players on the basis of equal minutes.(Coaching decisions).  For this we could multiply the stats of Humphries, Wallace, Brooks and Bogans by 1.36 to equal the same 52.21 minutes per game from Garnett, Pierce and Terry.

Nets Players                                  Celtics Players

PPG                     19.24                                                 14.09

RPG                     10.76                                                 10.55

APG                      4.58                                                    4.41

SPG                      1.61                                                    1.93

BPG                       .91                                                     1.16

TOVPG                 3.61                                                     3.67

FoulsPG               5.27                                                     4.04

If we add up the Rebounds, Assists, Steals and Blocks the Celtics group has 18.05 and the Nets group has 17.86.  Pretty even.

Turnovers are basicall equal and the Nets group is more foul prone.

The biggest difference is Points.  Garnett, Pierce and Terry average 19.24 per game.  The Boston group averages only 10.36 actual and 14.09 with equal time.  And the reason for this is Field Goals Attempted.

Garnett Pierce and Terry have combined to take 579 FGA, shooting 39%.

Humphries, Wallace, Brooks and Bogans have combined to take 265 FGA, shooting 51%.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: 33 games since the trade

Ainge made a great trade.

I hope we don't trade any of our picks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Too much work to prove what?In response to vtfanofcs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

So far the Celtics are 13-20 and the Nets are 12-21.

Since both teams have played an equal number of games this is a good point for comparison.  I added up the cumulative totals for the players who have played for their respective teams and averaged them out per team game.

For the Celtics I used the stats from Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Marshon Brooks and Bogans.  For the Nets I used the numbers from Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Jason Terry.

Per Team Game

Nets Players                            Celtics Players

MPG                       52.21                                          38.27

PPG                       19.24                                           10.36

RPG                       10.76                                            7.76

APG                        4.58                                             3.24

SPG                        1.61                                             1.42

BPG                         .91                                                .85

TOVPG                   3.61                                              2.70

FoulsPG                 5.27                                              2.97

The players traded by the Celtics have clearly played more minutes.  And have accumulated more stats.  Had the trio(Garnett, Pierce, and Terry) played those minutes in Boston they would be taking time on the court from other players.   

For fun, we could also compare the numbers of the traded players on the basis of equal minutes.(Coaching decisions).  For this we could multiply the stats of Humphries, Wallace, Brooks and Bogans by 1.36 to equal the same 52.21 minutes per game from Garnett, Pierce and Terry.

Nets Players                                  Celtics Players

PPG                     19.24                                                 14.09

RPG                     10.76                                                 10.55

APG                      4.58                                                    4.41

SPG                      1.61                                                    1.93

BPG                       .91                                                     1.16

TOVPG                 3.61                                                     3.67

FoulsPG               5.27                                                     4.04

If we add up the Rebounds, Assists, Steals and Blocks the Celtics group has 18.05 and the Nets group has 17.86.  Pretty even.

Turnovers are basicall equal and the Nets group is more foul prone.

The biggest difference is Points.  Garnett, Pierce and Terry average 19.24 per game.  The Boston group averages only 10.36 actual and 14.09 with equal time.  And the reason for this is Field Goals Attempted.

Garnett Pierce and Terry have combined to take 579 FGA, shooting 39%.

Humphries, Wallace, Brooks and Bogans have combined to take 265 FGA, shooting 51%.

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I made the post to start discussion about the impact of the players on the court as it has affected  this year.  But the 3 1st rounders, the pick swap, the 10 million trade exception, Bogan's movable contract and $5 million cap savings this year which also helps the luxury tax situation are all good things.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:

I made the post to start discussion about the impact of the players on the court as it has affected  this year.  But the 3 1st rounders, the pick swap, the 10 million trade exception, Bogan's movable contract and $5 million cap savings this year which also helps the luxury tax situation are all good things.

[/QUOTE]

Garnett is finished.

Plumlee should be starting with Lopez out.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Very nice thread.  And I agreed with everything until the last line of melwittss response.

I really think if Rondo had been healthy from the beginning of the year that the Celtics would have been able to win an additional six or seven games which would have them
    sitting at about 20 wins right now.

There has been no question in my mind that if he had almost only played the 4th quarter of each game that he would have been able to direct his team to those wins I mentioned above.

Not to take anything away from Crawford as he has improved tremendously since being acquired last year, but Rondo would have salvaged some wins when the Celtics lost so many games after having 4th quarter leads.

Of course, winning those extra seven games would still probably not make a difference in play off wins later in the year and would have effected draft pick order maybe more than the Celtics wanted.

8. This post has been removed.