4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?

In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : I have watched the game over and over again. The refs were incompetent and the Lakers title is tainted. The refs completely blew that game by not being consistent with the calls. There were numerous calls on the Celtics that should not have been called and numerous non calls on the Lakers. It is pretty clear that the refs blew it by not treating the teams equally and by making calls differently than they did the first three quarters. As for the Celtics being tired...LA played just as badly and shot worse but got bailed out by the refs. If you want to go find the thread entitled "Tainted Title" ...there were something like a thousand posts discussing every play in detail and right after the game not almost a year later like this thread wants to do.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

"Tainted Title" was a thread created and perpetuated by about 4 whiny Celtics fans who couldn't deal with the fact that their team lost.  Hardly a credible source for anything. 

Seriously, you're sasying that a credible source for an analysis of the officiating is a thread created and maintained by conspiracy theorists that were fans of the team that lost?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

38-10 free throw advantage makes me want to vomit. I forgot how bad that was. David Tyree probably had a FT that game too. Here is my dog if you would like to kick it....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : "Tainted Title" was a thread created and perpetuated by about 4 whiny Celtics fans who couldn't deal with the fact that their team lost.  Hardly a credible source for anything.  Seriously, you're sasying that a credible source for an analysis of the officiating is a thread created and maintained by conspiracy theorists that were fans of the team that lost?
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Every non-Celts fan I ever spoke to during or after that game all felt the game came to a hault and the refs were trying to get LA to the line in the 4th.  You know, these are fans who didn't have a dog in the fight.

I have never seen so many whistles out of the woodwork so fast.

How can you deny this?

How can anyone change the fact the refs let them play and then changed how they officiated it when LA was trailing at home in Game 7?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Because when you get in foul trouble early in a quarter you end up with a LOT of free throws. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Every non-Celts fan I ever spoke to during or after that game all felt the game came to a hault and the refs were trying to get LA to the line in the 4th.  You know, these are fans who didn't have a dog in the fight. I have never seen so many whistles out of the woodwork so fast. How can you deny this? How can anyone change the fact the refs let them play and then changed how they officiated it when LA was trailing at home in Game 7?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I can honestly say that this board is the only place I've heard accusations of unfair officiating in Game 7. And that includes plenty of fans of other teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Just as a reminder,

38-10 was the free throw attempt advantage Boston had over LA in game 2 of the 2008 finals. 

Criminal isn't it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Keep in mind that Kobe spent a lot of time on the bench, in fould trouble (no coincidence).  He received two offensive fouls in the first quarter, despite not committing one.  It was well known that the officiating favored Boston in that game, yet Boston fans seem to think LA gets all the calls. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : I can honestly say that this board is the only place I've heard accusations of unfair officiating in Game 7. And that includes plenty of fans of other teams.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Strange.  Maybe you should talk to more sports fans or find friends who know the game.

Believe it or not, discussions occur off this messageboard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jofc,
    You did say game 2 2008 finals.  The relevance of the free throw discrepancy was in 2010 game after game the Lakers had a disproportionate free throw advantage.  In game seven the 21 free throws given to the lakers in the fourth period was what put them in position to come back in the game.  You of course will never see it.  I  will never see your point as well.  Your point in Game 2 of 2008 is not relevant to a Celtic fan because the series was never really close.  It went six games but the outcome was never in doubt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Strange.  Maybe you should talk to more sports fans or find friends who know the game. Believe it or not, discussions occur off this messageboard.
    Got it. So the people you speak to represent sports opinions worldwide, while those I converse with do not. That is an airtight argument right there.

Go outside the Boston boards and blogs and I'm not sure you'll find too many people crying foul with Game 7. But if telling yourself and others like you that the Celtics were cheated makes the defeat easier to swallow, have at it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Your point in Game 2 of 2008 is not relevant to a Celtic fan because the series was never really close.  It went six games but the outcome was never in doubt.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    The first five games of the 08 series were all decided by 10 points or less. Lest you conveniently forget.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I preface my comments by saying that I don't think we lost because of FT's.  We lost because we were not at home, and stop making shots.

That being said, I know a LIFELONG lakers fan who was AT THE GAME and said two interesting things,
    1. " I cannot believe how many more FT's we shot than you guys, it was pretty pathetic with some of those non-calls."

2. " The attitude at the end of the game was, 'thank God we didn't lose' rather than, 'thank God we won.'  "

So, there are people out there who noticed who are NOT Celtics fans. 
    I re-iterate that we should have won the game regardless, but to think you are going to get calls on the road is ludicrous.  Again, WHY we need HCA this year, and are well on our way to getting it.  MIA, ORL or LAL will not win a Game 7 in Boston, and we probably will not win a Game 7 at their place!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Did you go into hibernation right after the game and just woke up? Didn't this all happen in June? Stop flogging those dead horses!
    The Cs ran out of gas in that game, unfortunately.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : "Tainted Title" was a thread created and perpetuated by about 4 whiny Celtics fans who couldn't deal with the fact that their team lost.  Hardly a credible source for anything.  Seriously, you're sasying that a credible source for an analysis of the officiating is a thread created and maintained by conspiracy theorists that were fans of the team that lost?
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

It was a lot more than four fans. There were fans participating from all over the country including LA fans who saw it our way.

And it wasn't a conspiracy thread. It was about how the officiating was incompetent and that incompetence tainted LA's title. It wasn't the Lakers fault and they received a tainted title at the hands of the refs too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Every non-Celts fan I ever spoke to during or after that game all felt the game came to a hault and the refs were trying to get LA to the line in the 4th.  You know, these are fans who didn't have a dog in the fight. I have never seen so many whistles out of the woodwork so fast. How can you deny this? How can anyone change the fact the refs let them play and then changed how they officiated it when LA was trailing at home in Game 7?

Well if you makes you feel any better the Laker fans don't think they robbed the Sac Kings a few years ago either.  That was the worst flogging I have ever seen in my life.  I didn't have a dog in that fight either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Just as a reminder, 38-10 was the free throw attempt advantage Boston had over LA in game 2 of the 2008 finals.  Criminal isn't it?
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Like I said, Phil Jackson whined about it in his press conference and Kobe went to the line 18 times the next game and the Lakers shot 34 to 22 from the line.  Now thats criminal isn't it?  2008 finals..  I believe if you looked it up the Lakers shot more free throws in the series also.  Not 100% sure

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : It was a lot more than four fans. There were fans participating from all over the country including LA fans who saw it our way. And it wasn't a conspiracy thread. It was about how the officiating was incompetent and that incompetence tainted LA's title. It wasn't the Lakers fault and they received a tainted title at the hands of the refs too.
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]

Funny how all these cries about the NBA being corrupted, the fans would stop following the league, the NBA is dead, etc., right after the finals.

Guess whether the league has integrity or not depends on the Celtics' W/L...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : It was a lot more than four fans. There were fans participating from all over the country including LA fans who saw it our way. And it wasn't a conspiracy thread. It was about how the officiating was incompetent and that incompetence tainted LA's title. It wasn't the Lakers fault and they received a tainted title at the hands of the refs too.
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was a small sample of irrational fans.  In the beginning there were a few Celtics fans asking for the thread to stop, as they felt the game was officiated fairly, and that the bulk of the posts were just pointless whining. 

I guess you only read what you want to read though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The officiating went with the stronger team, the Celts got a few more calls early when they were dominant and the Lakers got more than a few more calls in the fourth quarter when they were surging. There was a strange phantom 3 second call on KG in the third quarter but that was a make up for a non-foul call because (I assume) Stern told the refs to keep the stars in the game and KG at the time had 3 or 4 fouls already. Any team with Sheed on it is going to get picked on because he called out some of the corrupt refs early in his career (why non-corrupt cops, or refs in this case, stick up for corrupt ones is beyond me, but that's thier fraternity at work). JOFC is rituous, which is another way of saying boring...GREENKILLER ruined this board, but at least he had some sense of irony and humor. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

The difference in game 7 came with the change in the officiating rather than whether or not the fouls were legitimate.  The game went from a physical, "let them play" approach in the first three quarters to a very tightly called game in the fourth.  Each call was technically a correct call, but given the way the officials called the first three quarters, it made the 4th quarter seem extremely biased.  Being a c's fan, I'm obviously still bitter, but it wasn't bad foul calls that ruined the game.  Instead, I blame inconsistency with the whistle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Nope, it was a small sample of irrational fans.  In the beginning there were a few Celtics fans asking for the thread to stop, as they felt the game was officiated fairly, and that the bulk of the posts were just pointless whining.  I guess you only read what you want to read though.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

I started the thread and I pretty much only made posts in response to replys to me. Probably from you. There was one idiot who came up with new inanities in reply over and over again.

There were over a thousand total and they were from all over the country. This wasn't about one bad call. It was about a great number of missed calls. And it was not a conspiracy thread it was only about incompetent officiating that injured all of us including the fans of the Lakers because, even though you are willing to take a victory anyway you can, you would rather have won it be because your team outplayed the Celtics.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]The difference in game 7 came with the change in the officiating rather than whether or not the fouls were legitimate.  The game went from a physical, "let them play" approach in the first three quarters to a very tightly called game in the fourth.  Each call was technically a correct call, but given the way the officials called the first three quarters, it made the 4th quarter seem extremely biased.  Being a c's fan, I'm obviously still bitter, but it wasn't bad foul calls that ruined the game.  Instead, I blame inconsistency with the whistle.
    Posted by Driscoll92587[/QUOTE]

They were technically correct only if you agree that you can call a foul on every single play. Which is true. They were technically correct only if you accept it is technically correct to call the play differently depending on which team you are on.

I  have to disagree though. There were definitely missed calls both from the calls against Boston and the calls not made against the Lakers. There may have been a couple of tickytacky technically correct fouls called against the C's but there were many that were flat out missed or not called.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : That's simplistic. The Celts had to play potential game 7s at Cleveland and Orlando last year. That didn't shake you folks' confidence during the conference playoffs. Why not? Not to mention Orlando had already won a game 7 at Boston just 2 years ago. There have been only a limited # of road wins in games 7. From my memory: 1968 Celtics at 76ers 1969 Celtics at Lakers 1971 Bullets at Knicks 1973 Knicks at Celtics 1974 Celtics at Bucks 1976 Suns at Warriors 1978 Bullets at Sonics 1981 Kings at Suns 1981 Rockets at Spurs 1982 76ers at Celtics 1995 Pacers at Knicks 1995 Rockets at Suns 2000 Knicks at Heat 2002 Lakers at Kings 2005 Pistons at Heat 2005 Pacers at Celtics 2006 Mavericks at Spurs 2007 Jazz at Rockets 2008 Spurs at Hornets 2009 Magic at Celtics The Celtics should be credited with the most game 7 road wins - 3 On the other hand, they also suffered the most game 7 home losses - 4
    Posted by TheBhoys[/QUOTE]

"from my memory".....anyone who would make that statement is what we call a first class BS artist. Someone who would lie when the truth would serve him better. A lot of guys like that wind up in prison.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Nope, it was a small sample of irrational fans.  In the beginning there were a few Celtics fans asking for the thread to stop, as they felt the game was officiated fairly, and that the bulk of the posts were just pointless whining.  I guess you only read what you want to read though.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Anyone calling the fans complaining about refs in the 4th  qtr of game 7 last year irrational, is him/herself being irrational.

There exists more than enough evidence that a reasonable fan could complain about the officiating. By definition, thats a rational position to take. 

Further, to state it was just a "small sample" of irrational fans means them amount of fans feeling this was is much greater, since the posting was, as you characterized it, a small sample.  And the thread went on for more than 1,000 posts? lol

I dont believe the refs had a bad game, they did their job... making sure the Lakers got the title. Thats my opinion, yours may differ. I respect that.  But dont stoop so low in your effort to prove youre right, to call those questioning the motives or agendas of the refs that game, irrational. YOur credibility takes a hit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

futbal: I think that's the argument Celtics fans made about the 08 finals as well, how fouls favored the aggressive team. 

Driscoll makes a good point too, about how the tone of the officiating may have changed, but that didn't make it any less legitimate.  They called a tighter fourth quarter.  And if people think a tightly called game hurts the Celtics, then you have to think that a loosely called game favors them, in which case they had 3 quarters of officiating that helps their 'style' of play, and only one quarter that hurt them. 

Gtown - that thread was a joke man.  I'm surprised you'd bring it back up. As some celtics fans even pointed out, it made celtics fans look bad.  I don't question its length, just its substance.