4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?

In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Seriously?  All this debate and you end it with 'generic post #18 - you have problems and I am above them'.  All it reads is "blah blah blah, you've shot down my ridiculous theory, blah blah blah, i'm gonna do the graceless retreat by attacking you personally since my theories don't hold water, blah blah blah."  It's tacky to attack someone personally and then do the whole "i'm above all this" garbage.  i don't know anything about you except your ridiculous theory, and all you know about me is that i think your theory is ridiculous.  don't start busting out this "you're so petty for posting here" while doing just what i'm doing, posting here.  A four letter word for your reply - lame.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Kid, you're a Lakers fan on a Boston newspaper's messageboard. You root for a team that relocated from Minnesota that wears canary yellow uniforms.

You root for a scummy rapist. 

Please stop.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Your talking to the wrong guy, BB. Your friend OneOnOne has done precisely that himself. But "only once," I'm told.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

You are a Lakers fan. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Kid, you're a Lakers fan on a Boston newspaper's messageboard. You root for a team that relocated from Minnesota that wears canary yellow uniforms. You root for a scummy rapist.  Please stop.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    And with the first desperate "rapist" comment on this thread, BB has apparently thrown in the towel. Because if that doesn't demonstrate he is out of things to say, nothing does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Flobusjofc,

We are out of things to say to you!  You bring nothing to this BB.  Since your other half Jofc likes analogies like hitting red lights.  You are both if you are not the same person, like an uninvited guest who keeps showing up eating all the food, talking over everyone and never gets the hint no one wants you there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Well, maybe a simple question to you, but the sour attitude from the "simple question" was smelled thousands of miles away. From the OP's 2nd post (post #3): "I knew it was shady, but that's more disturbing than I remembered it being. As if 38-10 wasn't bad enough, though.  Wow. "
    Posted by TheBhoys[/QUOTE]

Are you really a fan of the Bhoys, or just their Boston namesake? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : As I said I READ a thread from another site.  There you go twisting stuff around to fit your needs.  Of course I didn't say you just showed up either now did I?  Twisting stuff again.  You are on the board for one reason, to stir crap up.  If thats what gets you off so be it.  If posters here don't agree with you then you say their wrong.  What do you expect on a Celtic board?  Do you post on a Laker board?  Doubtful.  You just like confrontations on the internet don't you?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You're gonna have to step it up, you're getting roasted!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? :  You're gonna have to step it up, you're getting roasted!!!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Go away before I sick P34 on your butt.  He enjoys flaming.  I used to, but not that entertaining any more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : And with the first desperate "rapist" comment on this thread, BB has apparently thrown in the towel. Because if that doesn't demonstrate he is out of things to say, nothing does.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

How is it "desperate"? I would not want to have to root for a rapist.  But, you enjoy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Go away before I sick P34 on your butt.  He enjoys flaming.  I used to, but not that entertaining any more.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  Give 'em heck!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? :  Fair enough.  Give 'em heck!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

did P34 scare you off?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

home court. only reason they won.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : "from my memory".....anyone who would make that statement is what we call a first class BS artist. Someone who would lie when the truth would serve him better. A lot of guys like that wind up in prison.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

Yeah? Well, it's from my memory only because I want to check out how good my memory was. I can easily cross-check it with the reference. Turned out there were 21 road game 7 wins in NBA history. I listed 20 of them. I admit I didn't know about the first one:

1948 the Warriors over the Bombers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_game_sevens

Check out the ones in pink. So tell me, is it criminal because I don't know about the 1948 game?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : WRONG again - are you ever correct? THIS is the one: posted at 1/31/2011 10:06 AM EST   www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3&plckUserId=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3 " /> hedleylamarr Posts: 2245 First: 1/16/2010 Last: 2/3/2011 I don't think one translates to the other.  I could never say that.  We sound like lakers fans, guys who STILL think they would have won in '08 if Bynum played.  An impossibility, as we all know, for they would not have Gasol!! No, the only thing I will say is that IF Game 7 was played in Boston, we probably would have won.  That is why we need to get HCA this year.  And that is why the NBA need to re-think the 2-3-2 format in the Finals! Note 1/31 - not 2/2 as you erroneously claim.  I was minding my own business, when YOU responded to this thread on 1/31 YOU are the instigator and stalker!!!!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Funny you really have this warped concept of right and wrong, not to mention your continuous stalking...

I asked: "Which message in this thread preceding that was I responding to you?"

The first post of this thread was posted by BBReigns on 2/2 at 10:10 AM EST. So I respond to your message in this thread posted on 1/31?

Do you know what "preceding" means?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE] All the refs decided individually, in concert with exact timing, to call the game differently in the 4th qtr of game 7. Thanks for your analysis/ 
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

So is that your admission that the refs merely called the game more tightly? not just giving FTs to the Lakers for nothing?

Well, the refs can decide to call the game more tightly or loosely (no blood no foul) anytime they want. They don't have to consult the fans or get permission from the league. They can decide to change the style anytime they want, as long as they call it even on both teams.

Now, if they call the game more tightly, it definitely favors the "bring the rock to the hole" team, not the jump-shooting team.  But wait, are the Celtics prohibited from playing the "bring the rock to the hole" style? Was it in the rule-book that they must play jump-shooting?  Now, we all know that the Lakers are not a jump shooting team. So whose fault is it when the Celtics stayed jump-shooting? or whose fault is it when the Lakers decided to pound the ball inside?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE] When you look at replays and see phantom calls one way and crushing fouls not being called the other way... in a lopsided way especially, what do you attribute it to?
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

But when you look at replays and see calls being made correctly, in a lopsided way because one team fouled excessively and stupidly, what do you attribute it to?

Say, Kobe was shooting horribly. He let fly from outside the arc at the 8:45 mark of the 4th quarter, yet RA tried to block the shot, ran to him and made contact? what do you call it? I mean, even when he blocked the shot, there's a good chance that the ball went out of bounds for the Lakers to retain possession. Why not let the ball hit the rim and position your big men for defensive rebound?

That 3-point gift was not from the refs, but entirely from RA. I expect a 14th year HOF lock play much smarter than that.

I say it's "the Celtics got what they deserved".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Are you really a fan of the Bhoys, or just their Boston namesake? 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many people here really know what that means. Afterall, trolls on this board claim that the #1 sport in the world is for sissies...

I am not a fan of the Bhoys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : But when you look at replays and see calls being made correctly, in a lopsided way because one team fouled excessively and stupidly, what do you attribute it to? Say, Kobe was shooting horribly. He let fly from outside the arc at the 8:45 mark of the 4th quarter, yet RA tried to block the shot, ran to him and made contact? what do you call it? I mean, even when he blocked the shot, there's a good chance that the ball went out of bounds for the Lakers to retain possession. Why not let the ball hit the rim and position your big men for defensive rebound? That 3-point gift was not from the refs, but entirely from RA. I expect a 14th year HOF lock play much smarter than that. I say it's "the Celtics got what they deserved".

I don't think you even saw the game because what you describe between Ray and Kobe isn't even close to the way it happened.

As for taking it to the hole. The Celtics were taking it in to but got no calls.

This is ancient history now but what is not ancient history is the "Tainted Title". They still hold it and the NBA officials as a group should be ashamed of that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

Yeah, who has incentive to watch that game again and again? you or I?

RA raised his left hand as if inviting Kobe to draw contact. What's that for? to prevent a horrible shooter to shoot?

You really should watch it again sometimes, even though it's painful...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, who has incentive to watch that game again and again? you or I? RA raised his left hand as if inviting Kobe to draw contact. What's that for? to prevent a horrible shooter to shoot? You really should watch it again sometimes, even though it's painful...

Oh so you decided to tell the truth. Sort of. Even that description is incorrect. By the way that is one foul call that no one has complained about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, who has incentive to watch that game again and again? you or I? RA raised his left hand as if inviting Kobe to draw contact. What's that for? to prevent a horrible shooter to shoot? You really should watch it again sometimes, even though it's painful...

I have watched it recently and my conclusion is still the same. The refs blew the game. They didn't just call it tighter. They called it tighter on one team and not the other.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : Oh so you decided to tell the truth. Sort of. Even that description is incorrect. By the way that is one foul call that no one has complained about.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

The truth is what? that RA invited Kobe to draw contact and invited the refs to call a foul?

So who's complaining about the 37-17 discrepancy? Were those 3 FTs part of the 37?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4th Qtr Free Throws for Lakers in 2010 Game 7? : The truth is what? that RA invited Kobe to draw contact and invited the refs to call a foul? So who's complaining about the 37-17 discrepancy? Were those 3 FTs part of the 37?

Go to the "Tainted Championship" thread and you will see over a thousand posts discussing all aspects of the fourth quarter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Or you could go to any lakers board and find thousands of posts stating the opposite.

gtown, you keep referring to a thread that was mostly you and 2 other (maybe 3 other) paranoid fans just ranting about how the NBA is rigged. 

If you think it's rigged, and can't stand that it's rigged, just stop watching.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Or you could go to any lakers board and find thousands of posts stating the opposite. gtown, you keep referring to a thread that was mostly you and 2 other (maybe 3 other) paranoid fans just ranting about how the NBA is rigged.  If you think it's rigged, and can't stand that it's rigged, just stop watching.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Tell them Celtic fans.  Make sure they know the Laker  Point of View. You guys still hangin around?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I come for the coffee and stay for the entertainment.  75% of you guys are interesting to talk to and 25% of you are just typical meathead fans.