5-7 back-to-back record. Embarrassing!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

5-7 back-to-back record. Embarrassing!

No excuse. The bench is useless. Injured or not, guys cannot shoot. Too soft and fragile and never healthy. Juts not talented enough to help the team. Never picked up a game when starters struggle.

The 07-08 bench was much better. Eddie, Posey, Sam, Leon, Baby and then PJ can beat any bench in the league. They have shooters and they can rebound and  score in the paint. Much more talented than the current bench. That is why they won 66 games and a championship.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: 5-7 back-to-back record. Embarrassing!

I think there was one or two games where Nate and Daniels came in and rallied the team when things were not going well. I do think they have problems with consistency. Bad breaks with health issues, yes. Being soft, I don't think so, in my opinion. You can consider 07-08 more talented. I wouldn't say "much more" talented. Never the less, I was always aagainst a trade, but with Daniels out I think it needs to be addressed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

embarrassing?  i'd say closer to predictable.  you've got shak and JO playing footsey on the bench in street clothes every night- remember- they were the big signings?

we just got cementfeet perkins back, just lost daniels.  you gain one, you lose one.

this is an old team.  we're trying to hold on for one more cup.  the back to back record is predictable to me.  you never want to see your team lose, but on the other hand do you want to see kg, ray and paul worn out playing stiffs like diaw, kwame and stevey jackson?

it was a bad game tonight.  most all the back to backs have been.  but it goes with the territory of being old!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Bench stunk.  OK!  How about the cop-out trio of Rondo  --  PP  --  KG?  They stunk!

Rondo didn't get a FG in the last 3 quarters.  PP didn't get a FG in the 4th quarter.  KG had (1) FG in the last 3 quarters.  ALL-Stars.

Can see Perk running out of gas.  He is coming off injury.  BB had a bruised head, from hustling.  OK.  What is the excuse for No show Nate, and useless Wafer?  UGLY!

Ray played as hard as he could, and finally ran out of gas.  Without his 10 Pts. in the 3rd, we were dead meat.

Look at PP's last 3 games.  Shooting 39% FG  --  15% on "3"'s  --  2 - 13! 

Ray went 52% FG, and 24 Pts. a game for those 3.  He is the OLD MAN. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

WHO CARES!!!! There are NO back to back games in the playoffs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: 5-7 back-to-back record. Embarrassing!:
    [QUOTE]WHO CARES!!!! There are NO back to back games in the playoffs
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

I think the Celtics care since we are currently NOT playing playoff games.  These games matter FOR the playoffs so I'd think they DO care about winning them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

All you have to do is look back at game 7 last year to see who should care!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] All you have to do is look back at game 7 last year to see who should care!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

You mean KG getting outrebounded by Gasol 3-18 or Ray Allen going 3-14 from the field for 13 points?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Does anyone know where to find the stats on back to back game success?

In addition, what is the NBA success rate on back to back games with the second game on the road?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Bench stunk.  OK!  How about the cop-out trio of Rondo  --  PP  --  KG?  They stunk! Rondo didn't get a FG in the last 3 quarters.  PP didn't get a FG in the 4th quarter.  KG had (1) FG in the last 3 quarters.  ALL-Stars. Can see Perk running out of gas.  He is coming off injury.  BB had a bruised head, from hustling.  OK.  What is the excuse for No show Nate, and useless Wafer?  UGLY! Ray played as hard as he could, and finally ran out of gas.  Without his 10 Pts. in the 3rd, we were dead meat. Look at PP's last 3 games.  Shooting 39% FG  --  15% on "3"'s  --  2 - 13!  Ray went 52% FG, and 24 Pts. a game for those 3.  He is the OLD MAN. 
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]

I believe that there's not enough recognition that our leading scorer and offensive leader is having a bad streak.   That is really making a difference.  i'm not mad at him.....it happens to everyone.  He's not going to be a star every game.  But, it goes to show how much we need him and that there's no one on the team who can provide that offensive spark late like he can (getting his own shot in one on one moves).

But, no back to backs in the playoffs.  I believe we will be the strongest team at that time - fewer injuries and more game strategy of coach vs coach.  We win that battle, especially against Miami and Orlando.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It doesn't help if a 6-8 guy like Eduardo Najera limits KG to just 9 points. KG tends to "fade away" in the clutch. That's the main reason why KG will never overtake Duncan as the best PF in NBA history. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know where to find the stats on back to back game success? In addition, what is the NBA success rate on back to back games with the second game on the road?
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

I don't know where to find it, but when you find it, you'll also find that the Celtics are near the bottom of the league on this performance, I bet.  They just have to find some energy for these games......bench and starters.  Maybe Ray should run a physical training class for everyone!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5-7 back-to-back record. Embarrassing! : I believe that there's not enough recognition that our leading scorer and offensive leader is having a bad streak.   That is really making a difference.  i'm not mad at him.....it happens to everyone.  He's not going to be a star every game.  But, it goes to show how much we need him and that there's no one on the team who can provide that offensive spark late like he can (getting his own shot in one on one moves). But, no back to backs in the playoffs.  I believe we will be the strongest team at that time - fewer injuries and more game strategy of coach vs coach.  We win that battle, especially against Miami and Orlando.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Agree with you on Pierce.

I really have concerns about our overall health though.  WILL WE BE HEALTHY COME PLAYOFF TIME?  It's been discussed like its a "given" that we will be at full strength at season's end just in time for the playoffs.

We've been hampered all season so why do we believe everyone will, all of a sudden, be healed come playoff time?  I believe that as Shaq continues to play once he returns, he will continue to be hampered by injuries that will require him to sit games out.  The same applies to JON and Semih whenever they return too.  What makes us think that the time off each is getting now and for the rest of the season will make them ready for the playoffs?

Unless each of these players is put on the shelf for an extended period in order to have a procedure to fix what ails them or naturally heals over that extended period, will they really be ready to play (and play effectively) during the playoffs?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know where to find the stats on back to back game success? In addition, what is the NBA success rate on back to back games with the second game on the road?
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]
     Just go to the Celtics Homepage, click on Schedule and you can figure out the record for back to back games, 'cause that page will show you the dates and results of games played.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]

embarrassing?  i'd say closer to predictable.  you've got shak and JO playing footsey on the bench in street clothes every night- remember- they were the big signings? we just got cementfeet perkins back, just lost daniels.  you gain one, you lose one. this is an old team.  we're trying to hold on for one more cup.  the back to back record is predictable to me.  you never want to see your team lose, but on the other hand do you want to see kg, ray and paul worn out playing stiffs like diaw, kwame and stevey jackson? it was a bad game tonight.  most all the back to backs have been.  but it goes with the territory of being old!

Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

-

Acie's take on this is one I can live with.  Embarrassing, no.

Besides, like I said earlier, a Monday night loss, 2nd half of a back-to-back after a big, emotional win over an arch-rival on Sunday afternoon before a national audience?

An older team that's been depleted by injuries and was even more so last night?

It's a long season and our eyes are on the prize way down the road.

I can't be bothered to get upset over every regular season loss, and to get upset over losing the 2nd half of back-to-backs?  Do you get bonus points for winning those or something.  LoL. 

It was expected going into the season that the 2nd half of back-to-backs would be a problem, and it is.  So what?  There are no back-to-backs in the playoffs.

I'm happy living with the team we have. We rolled the dice with these guys and it's been enjoyable to root for them for the most part.  These ups and downs are very predictable, just not the where and when, what's not predictable is losing Quis to a freak injury and not having Semi for last night's game.  Semi would have made the difference for us last night, I believe.  but Doc saved him for the Lakers, I hope.

Hopefully, they're being very cautious with Shaq, having seen what he can do, and trying to insure he's ready for the playoffs.

JO will be a bonus, if and when he can play, and Delonte, if he can stay on the floor, will be a big re-addition.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5-7 back-to-back record. Embarrassing! : I believe that there's not enough recognition that our leading scorer and offensive leader is having a bad streak.   That is really making a difference.  i'm not mad at him.....it happens to everyone.  He's not going to be a star every game.  But, it goes to show how much we need him and that there's no one on the team who can provide that offensive spark late like he can (getting his own shot in one on one moves). But, no back to backs in the playoffs.  I believe we will be the strongest team at that time - fewer injuries and more game strategy of coach vs coach.  We win that battle, especially against Miami and Orlando.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Agree with you on pierce.

Someone needs to tell him the three point line is not his sweet spot!!! 2 for 13 is not getting it done. He needs to do what he does best, drive to the hole and hope they call a foul!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to 5-7 back-to-back record. Embarrassing!:
    [QUOTE]No excuse. The bench is useless. Injured or not, guys cannot shoot. Too soft and fragile and never healthy. Juts not talented enough to help the team. Never picked up a game when starters struggle. The 07-08 bench was much better. Eddie, Posey, Sam, Leon, Baby and then PJ can beat any bench in the league. They have shooters and they can rebound and  score in the paint. Much more talented than the current bench. That is why they won 66 games and a championship.
    Posted by lovetruth007[/QUOTE]

Fortunately, there are few back-to-backs in the playoffs

However, I am concerned about their health

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5-7 back-to-back record. Embarrassing! :  Agree with you on pierce.  Someone needs to tell him the three point line is not his sweet spot!!! 2 for 13 is not getting it done. He needs to do what he does best, drive to the hole and hope they call a foul!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Against Orlando Pierce went to the line 12 times. Last night he attempted 10 FTs against the Bobcats. 

How about telling your boy Antoine Walker to stop shooting from the 3-point line because he's only making 33% of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

in regards to pierce and 3's - he is towards the top all time...flat out, like a lizard drinking...and it ain't even his 'specialty'...for an all around player, it's fairly commendable...go Celts!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5-7 back-to-back record. Embarrassing! : Against Orlando Pierce went to the line 12 times. Last night he attempted 10 FTs against the Bobcats.  How about telling your boy Antoine Walker to stop shooting from the 3-point line because he's only making 33% of them.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

thank you! good point, walker could have been a celtic legend if he hadn't decided his best game was beyond the arc. weak.

and rajonrandowski is right:old team, big win on sunday back to back away game with a depleted team. embarrassing it was not. no shock, this team is old, plays big in big games, but can't muster the energy for the lower lights and the bench lacks scoring options. let's hope we get healthy and that a positive trade deadline surprise comes our way. i smell panic all over this board with ridiculous trade scenarios and heap loads of criticism for a very succesful team. let's all take a breather and see what transpires in the next few weeks. stay positive people...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Antoine's history guys, so he's irrelevant to this conversation.

Petey, the thing that makes me confident that the health will be ok is that Doc and Danny always treat that as the number 1 goal for the regular season.....above the best record issue.   They always are conservative with bringing people back from injury and especially toward the end of the season, they sit people even when it costs us games.  That's their history and you could see it last year when they were all nursed to health for a playoff run.

I see no reason whey Doc and Danny won't do the same thing again.  Add to that the fact that they've obviously been willing to hold Shaq out of a lot of games, been doing something with Semih (we all called for him to play and Doc's been reluctant), that JON is projected by the Doctors not to be back until April, and that they've treated West's injury with the proper time.   Overall, I think they'll manage to get them all as healthy as possible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

True no back to back in the playoffs but if we have to go to Miami for a Game 7, as opposed to playing it at home that will hurt.

Turn it around C's no excuse losing to the Cats.