5 for 28!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pine8ball. Show pine8ball's posts

5 for 28!!

Ray and Nate shoot 5 for 28 from the field. Big reason the C's lost today. I'm not sweating this loss because of all our injuries but that shooting is pathetic. If they had done anything close to normal we still win today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: 5 for 28!!

In Response to 5 for 28!!:
    [QUOTE]Ray and Nate shoot 5 for 28 from the field. Big reason the C's lost today. I'm not sweating this loss because of all our injuries but that shooting is pathetic. If they had done anything close to normal we still win today.
    Posted by pine8ball[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  Very poor shooting today by the Celtics.  I was just thankful that Orlando didn't win by a large margin, and the game wasn't a repeat of their game against the Spurs the other night.  We played good defense for most of the game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Ray and Nate shoot 5 for 28 from the field. Big reason the C's lost today. I'm not sweating this loss because of all our injuries but that shooting is pathetic. If they had done anything close to normal we still win today.
    I told my buddy today that RayRay loses some hops on his jump shot the longer the season progresses. His atrocious 1 for 20 or something like that in game seven of the championship last year was evident of that. I don't know if all three old timers will endure the long tedious season ahead. It might very tough and their last chance in bringing the trophy home to B-Town.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray is a wild card now. You never know what you are going to get from him.  Especially his three point game, and this could be a problem down the line. Delonte coming back  healthy along with Nate getting his three point stroke back will help Ray get the good looks he needs.  Of course I am assuming a lot.  Nate looks like his 3 pt shot has been off all season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: 5 for 28!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 5 for 28!! : I told my buddy today that RayRay loses some hops on his jump shot the longer the season progresses. His atrocious 1 for 20 or something like that in game seven of the championship last year was evident of that. I don't know if all three old timers will endure the long tedious season ahead. It might very tough and their last chance in bringing the trophy home to B-Town.
    Posted by SNAZZYP[/QUOTE]

The serious 9and never mentioned at the time) theigh bruise Ray was given early in game 3 by Ron Artest was what ruined his jumper ;last 5 games of that series. Do you remember what happened in game 2?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

The real story is that they had to take 28 shots from the outside. Without Rondo the layups have disappeared.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, Nate hasnt shot well all season.  He used to be a dead eye shooter over the years but now hes missing open shots left & right. Hes just lost his stroke. Maybe cause hes playing PG... lots more responsibilities

Just hope DWest can get back soon and free Nate up as his sidekick. Will make a world of difference for the Celts.

Ray, its hard to know what we'll get from him...he sometimes gets very streaky, especially in the playoffs. It may be an accumulation of minutes played all season yet Doc keeps playing him 30+. Hard to say why he shot so poor against the Magic..its early in the season and the C's have got alot of rest lately... I think Reddick just has Rays number.. he always does a job on him and burns us offensively too.  Happens...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

I think Ray's role as a starting guard should be re-examined I think playing 35-40 minutes is killing his jump shot. I really believe his value coming off the bench will help his game seeing that he'll be going against bench players who would have their hands full trying to check him. Nate is a not point and never will be a point....trying to make him a point is having a negative effect on his shooting abilities. He's just a shooter...are you listening Doc?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ray didn't get good looks because Magic played him for his jumper so there was always a hand in his face on 3 pointers.  He could have gotten more inside shots but he didn't drive much in the 2nd half (either gassed as Damfuno says or Howard made him think about it or that play was never called).  Also, looking at minutes, Ray gets less rest than Paul.  Ray has played the most total minutes and he also is second in mins/game (next to Rondo).   I can buy the argument that he's gassed.....but again, we're hurt in the back up positions so we don't have much of a choice for a while!

As for Ray is a wild card and you never know what you are going to get from him, that's just crazy.  You are SO far off its not even funny.  

Ray is 38% from 3 point land in last 10 games, 41% for the season.  He's 18.6 points in last 10 games, 18.4 in last 5 games, and 16.9 in the season.  He's 3.6 assists in last 10 games and 3.4 over the season (tied for 2nd on the team).  He's 50.4% field goal % in last 10 games and 50.8% for the entire season.  That looks like a VERY consistent player to me and to every commentator who watches the Celtics.  

Overall, the big 3 have been very consistent.  We know what we get from them.  We may have had 3 games where they weren't consistent.  BBD is also consistent.   Shaq, Rondo, Nate, West, JON, and Quis are where we have inconsistency (in shooting, injuries, and defense).   

Losses generally come because we don't get consistent play from the subs or they are put in positions that they're not good at and that is occuring most often due to injury.    

Good news - it has happened 5 out of 28 times!!!   The team is doing just fine and will do even better when healthy.