5 Guys the C's Might Court

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

5 Guys the C's Might Court

A.S.B. (a Celtic Insider), listed 5 players today that the C's may be looking into:   Posey, Hamiliton, Murphy, Parker, and Bell.

All pretty familiar names here on the forum except for Charlie Bell, of Golden State.  Good D, no shooter, 31 years old, $4.1 mil.

At the end of the article are 6 boxes to click to read about each option and whether a buyout or trade is viable.

www.csnne.com/pages/celtics_potential_targets/?pn=0&pagefeed=8873&upf=1"

Five to watch: Potential Celtics targets

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: 5 Guys Who Might Be Courted

Careful or rkarp will come along and "call you out" for cutting and pasting rumors!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: 5 Guys the C's Might Court

Charlie Who???

Charlie Bell, that's who.

Charlie Bell may be the wild card in the Celtic's sweepstakes yet.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/charlie_bell/

Not known for his scoring or rebounding but rather as a defensive stopper Charlie Bell may be the rabbit Danny Ainge pulls out of his hat before this trading deadline is all over.

Bell got stopped for suspicion of DUI in early February so he might be ready for a do-over in a new city and could be promoted as a reclamation project.

It wouldn't hurt to have a defensive minded stopper to take the place of Tony Allen down the stretch and into the playoffs.

One thing is, he is certainly affordable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

There is something similar on ESPN Boston:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ac3boogi3. Show Ac3boogi3's posts

everyone on this forum is dieing for posey to come back, dude aint commin back get over it!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The experts dont even have Shane Battier on the list of names.  His name have been thrown around on BDC the last couple of seasons.  Arm chair GMs versus the experts????  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    ASB should also mention Rasual Butler:
    http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2181006/report-celts-interested-rasual-butler

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Guys Who Might Be Courted:
    [QUOTE]Careful or rkarp will come along and "call you out" for cutting and pasting rumors!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Heddy, need I copy your crying "leave me alone and stop stalking me" wimpering from the TMurphy post?
    Anyways, have been on a plane and the time diff from the west coast puts me on line this morning before the game tonight.
    4 days Heddy, lets see what your man crush DAinge does? Does he follow Real GM like you say he should? Should he listen to the "experts" from eei like you say he should? Does he go after TMac? Tayshun? Murphy? Parker? Battier? Does he trade? Do any of those guys get bought out? What does Real GM say Heddy?
    Since you haven't had a single original thought on the posts this week, what do they say will happen Heddy?
    I stand by my original comments. The Celts open after the all star break with a complete roster sans JOneal and Daniels. Regardless if the next 28 games brings a 14-14 record, who cares? The onus is on Doc to (1) adhere to a rotation of Perk, Shaq and Semih to find health and sharpness, (2) work DWest into the rotation regardless of what his rustiness does to the W/L record, getting him to "normal" productivity by the end of the season, (3) grow Wafers confidence and continue to expand his role, (4) find out while DWest is playing, if Nate has a role on the team. If Doc can do the above 4 things, and keep the team healthy over the final 28 games, sitting PP, RAllen and KG the last 3-4 games of the season, I say the Celts are favorites to win the title regardless of home court or not.   
    Heddy, what do you think about that? I mean, what does Real GM have to say to that, since you don't think about anything, as you have so many time put on these posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to 5 Guys the C's Might Court:
    [QUOTE]A.S.B. (a Celtic Insider), listed 5 players today that the C's may be looking into:   Posey, Hamiliton, Murphy, Parker, and Bell. All pretty familiar names here on the forum except for Charlie Bell, of Golden State.   Good D, no shooter, 31 years old, $4.1 mil. At the end of the article are 6 boxes to click to read about each option and whether a buyout or trade is viable. www.csnne.com/pages/celtics_potential_targets/?pn=0&pagefeed=8873&upf=1 " Five to watch: Potential Celtics targets
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

As you can see, my friend, there are a different set of rules for me and for everyone else when it comes to rkarp aka ronk1.  Did I start this thread?  Did I mention five guys the Celtics may be interested in?  Never heard much about Charlie Bell, but I would like Rasual Butler.  He was a name we talked about before the season started.  I think Daniels is done, and Danny knows it.  We need a backup at SF.  Wafer, while showing signs of being a GREAT pickup, is still inconsistent.  West will help, and Nate is a walking, talking sign of inconsistency.  Luke is unproven..............so IF Daniels is done, we are all speculating here.  I like Battier at 7.3 mill or Butler.  The key, of course, is to get the money to match up..............don't know if it can be done.  Perhaps he is waiting for some buyouts.............perhaps the entire league is waiting for Melo to go the Knicks (he ain't going to the Nets as was ERRONEOUSLY reported here yesterday).  I think, maybe, a two for one, and sign Sheed for insurance should get us out of the East.  Fun to speculate, though, isn't it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Chicago and boston are both looking for a defensive player who can hit the open trey,Coach T has the Bulls playing on all cylinders! They need size more than we do so maybe we wind up with Parker,but until then it's the Harangody and Wafer show...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Please no more Rasual Butler.  This is not back up for Paul Pierce he is more like a back up for Marquis.  Not what we should have in mind at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

why not RYAN GOMES?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Guys the C's Might Court:
    [QUOTE]Chicago and boston are both looking for a defensive player who can hit the open trey,Coach T has the Bulls playing on all cylinders! They need size more than we do so maybe we wind up with Parker,but until then it's the Harangody and Wafer show...
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

I think it is very dangerous to overlook Chicago.  I think they can beat any team in the league right now.  In a seven game series, it may be different, but you are correct, they are really getting after it on the defensive end.  And when Noah comes back?  WOW.  Red used to try to get a player just to keep him away from the opponents.  Remeber Pete Maravich?  Philly wanted him at the end of his career, but he ended up with us, to keep him from Philly!!  Parker is okay, but I really think we need to do something.  I want a good record, not go into the playoffs as a "4" seed again. 

Remember, we beat all those teams in the East in SIX games.  If we had to play a Game 7 in ORL or CLE?  Who knows, but I want the #1 seed, #2 at worse this year.  It is also crucial to have a better record than the lakers (Spurs, I doubt it).  Last year's Game 7 in LA, while poorly called, showed a lack of energy in the second half.  Would NOT happen in Boston, and I think anyone with half a brain knows we cannot just sit by while other teams get stronger!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: 5 Guys Who Might Be Courted:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Guys Who Might Be Courted : Heddy, need I copy your crying "leave me alone and stop stalking me" wimpering from the TMurphy post? Anyways, have been on a plane and the time diff from the west coast puts me on line this morning before the game tonight. 4 days Heddy, lets see what your man crush DAinge does? Does he follow Real GM like you say he should? Should he listen to the "experts" from eei like you say he should? Does he go after TMac? Tayshun? Murphy? Parker? Battier? Does he trade? Do any of those guys get bought out? What does Real GM say Heddy? Since you haven't had a single original thought on the posts this week, what do they say will happen Heddy? I stand by my original comments. The Celts open after the all star break with a complete roster sans JOneal and Daniels. Regardless if the next 28 games brings a 14-14 record, who cares? The onus is on Doc to (1) adhere to a rotation of Perk, Shaq and Semih to find health and sharpness, (2) work DWest into the rotation regardless of what his rustiness does to the W/L record, getting him to "normal" productivity by the end of the season, (3) grow Wafers confidence and continue to expand his role, (4) find out while DWest is playing, if Nate has a role on the team. If Doc can do the above 4 things, and keep the team healthy over the final 28 games, sitting PP, RAllen and KG the last 3-4 games of the season, I say the Celts are favorites to win the title regardless of home court or not.    Heddy, what do you think about that? I mean, what does Real GM have to say to that, since you don't think about anything, as you have so many time put on these posts.
    Posted by ronk1[/QUOTE]

Way off base, sorry !!
    14-14 the last 28 games is no way to go into the playoffs. It's important to try and win the home court advantage if possible. If it comes to a game seven like last year, I'd rather see the Celts in the warm home confines in Boston.

Hetchinspete

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

It will be great when Feb 25 arrives so that we can chat about something else other than potential trades.