7 Game Series Lakers vs Celtics today...who would win ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

7 Game Series Lakers vs Celtics today...who would win ?

There has been a lot of bashing of the Lakers not even being a .500 team and we are a couple of games above it. My headline is meant to infer whom do I think is the better team these days?

Unfortunately, I feel the Lakers would beat us even if Rondo and Sully had not gotten injured. Hate to open old wounds but in game 7 in 2010  why did they beat us---discount the egregious difference in foul shots   with 41 to 18 and just 21 in the 4th Qtr when we had a 13 pt lead in the 3rd---they always won the rebound battle & the baskets that Bynum & Gasol didn't make in the post, they passed out to their mediocre shooters, except for Kobe, and the 2nd chance points were the difference.

Lakers really looked good beating us the other night and I know we played Denver the night before and it was an emotional tribute night to Buss. If we had home court advantage in the hypothetical 7 game series, I would say we had a 40-60% chance of winning but my heart tells me  that I think that LA would beat us as  Bynum & Gasol used to do, Howard & Gasol( to return from injury) would dominate the paint & get 10+ rebounds per game . We'd only have a chance playing small ball with great "D" creating a turnover advantage, their not hitting their foul shots & shooting 5-10% better than they.

Obviously this is a moot topic as it's not going to happen but it's maybe a less painful way to realize that LA might be stronger than us in the coming days !!!

Now, I still feel we have a better chance of making the playoffs because we are in a weaker conference. Except for Miami, I think San Antonio, OKC, LAC & Denver are stronger than any of our other teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: 7 Game Series Lakers vs Celtics today...who would win ?

Current roster ... Lakers would absolutely win. We are clearly the better team, but with the Laker bias coupled with the fact that we have no big body to put on Howard ...

Now, if Danny gets two decent euro-playing C's. We win. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Current roster ... Lakers would absolutely win. We are clearly the better team, but with the Laker bias coupled with the fact that we have no big body to put on Howard ...

Now, if Danny gets two decent euro-playing C's. We win. 

Home court advantage would make ALL the difference in such a series. That team wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

There has been a lot of bashing of the Lakers not even being a .500 team and we are a couple of games above it. My headline is meant to infer whom do I think is the better team these days?

Unfortunately, I feel the Lakers would beat us even if Rondo and Sully had not gotten injured. Hate to open old wounds but in game 7 in 2010  why did they beat us---discount the egregious difference in foul shots   with 41 to 18 and just 21 in the 4th Qtr when we had a 13 pt lead in the 3rd---they always won the rebound battle & the baskets that Bynum & Gasol didn't make in the post, they passed out to their mediocre shooters, except for Kobe, and the 2nd chance points were the difference.

Lakers really looked good beating us the other night and I know we played Denver the night before and it was an emotional tribute night to Buss. If we had home court advantage in the hypothetical 7 game series, I would say we had a 40-60% chance of winning but my heart tells me  that I think that LA would beat us as  Bynum & Gasol used to do, Howard & Gasol( to return from injury) would dominate the paint & get 10+ rebounds per game . We'd only have a chance playing small ball with great "D" creating a turnover advantage, their not hitting their foul shots & shooting 5-10% better than they.

Obviously this is a moot topic as it's not going to happen but it's maybe a less painful way to realize that LA might be stronger than us in the coming days !!!

Now, I still feel we have a better chance of making the playoffs because we are in a weaker conference. Except for Miami, I think San Antonio, OKC, LAC & Denver are stronger than any of our other teams.

Current roster right now of course. We need a fast big that can run, rebound and defend and the new players recently aquired need to be celtisized but after that all bets are off. I would give the C's the edge for sure..especially on heart!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Current roster right now of course. We need a fast big that can run, rebound and defend and the new players recently aquired need to be celtisized but after that all bets are off. I would give the C's the edge for sure..especially on heart!

On heart? The Cs have lost a string of 3-2 series leads in the playoffs and you call that heart? The real question should be: Who of the two will win another title first? And the hands down answer has to be LA, especiallly if Howard stays. The CS are headed into oblivion once again for a quarter of a century.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This is fun to think about, but neither team will really do anything as long as LeBron is around......it's a good thread, though....just a little on the wishful side.