83-81 NBA Game has become Disgusting,Ugly,Unwatchable!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StrongArmHnz. Show StrongArmHnz's posts

Re: 83-81 NBA Game has become Disgusting,Ugly,Unwatchable!!

In response to runrunandrun's comment:

[/QUOTE]

RUN AWAY & HIDE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Then don't watch you ignorant old racist... as they say 'if its too loud, you're too old'

The game, like life, has passed you by. You belong in the segregated 1950's south...

i think most people over the age of 35-38 do not find the "new" nba very interesting.  i used to rummage up some desire to root for underdog teams like the clippers, golden state or whoever it was any given year once the celts were done for. 

the game is really at a cross roads of nothingness.  free agency and overpaying people mixed with no team loyalty make this a transient game of under-educated people who tend to not invest as much in their team as the 1980s type of ball.

can anyone really sit here on this board and say that you like the new nba better than the 1980s and early 1990s?  honestly, you need to watch some of what it used to be like.  it was fun.  there were real rivalries, there were no gang signs being flashed.  players were not painted with graffiti tatoos and there was no hooting like an unsavory creature from the forest once you do something as remedial as dunk the ball. 

back in the old days larry bird was the renowned biggest trash talker in the game.  he got into more dudes' heads than anyone.  but he did it quietly.  it was tactful yet effective.  brutally effective.  nowadays not so much.  no tact and no class.  the games tend to be slow, attendance is way down.  it's kind of like the nba of the 70s that was struggling for life, only we already have the "doctor J" who was supposed to revive the league when he came over from the ABA.  lebron james is already here.  and nobody likes him.  he's a petty loser-type personality who spent years in the league being a thin skinned narcissist and now that he finally has three stars on a team at a relatively young age, he can win.

it's just not what it used to be.  i'm done after this season.  the joy is gone out of watching ALL professional sports.  a team can be down by 21 in the NFL and someone makes a tackle and then proceeds to have a big celebration.  you're down 21, shut the hell up and get back to the line!  it's the same in the nba now- block a shot when you're down 20 and pound your chest and make some noises.  or better yet, take a bad shot and then argue with the refs instead of getting back on D

yawn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Agree with most of your post.  The days of the Celtic fast break, the Knicks open man, the Lakers show time...well just dont see too much of that ...other than game winning shots, most every highlight on ESPN is a dunk.  We still do get some decent pick n rolls in the game but now they usually end up as an ally-oop slam.

Many of these low scoring games are more a result of incompetence and poor offense as much as its defense. NBA chucks up so many 3 pointers that if your shot is off just slightly, forget about a friendly rim or touch, not from that far out. 

I agree, turns boring... heck remember the Celtics game 7 loss vs Lakers? ever see such incompetence on offense in the 4th by the C's? Give me the Cowens/Hondo et al fast break game anyday, Stockton/Malone PnR etc...Game has evolved but not for the better imo

oh, okay.  now you will be called a racist.  how dare you pine for a time when the talent was better developed before entering the league and players actually LISTENED to their coaches instead of the coaches being afraid to demand anything out of the players?  you intolerant racist!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

Then don't watch you ignorant old racist... as they say 'if its too loud, you're too old'

The game, like life, has passed you by. You belong in the segregated 1950's south...

i think most people over the age of 35-38 do not find the "new" nba very interesting.  i used to rummage up some desire to root for underdog teams like the clippers, golden state or whoever it was any given year once the celts were done for. 

the game is really at a cross roads of nothingness.  free agency and overpaying people mixed with no team loyalty make this a transient game of under-educated people who tend to not invest as much in their team as the 1980s type of ball.

can anyone really sit here on this board and say that you like the new nba better than the 1980s and early 1990s?  honestly, you need to watch some of what it used to be like.  it was fun.  there were real rivalries, there were no gang signs being flashed.  players were not painted with graffiti tatoos and there was no hooting like an unsavory creature from the forest once you do something as remedial as dunk the ball. 

back in the old days larry bird was the renowned biggest trash talker in the game.  he got into more dudes' heads than anyone.  but he did it quietly.  it was tactful yet effective.  brutally effective.  nowadays not so much.  no tact and no class.  the games tend to be slow, attendance is way down.  it's kind of like the nba of the 70s that was struggling for life, only we already have the "doctor J" who was supposed to revive the league when he came over from the ABA.  lebron james is already here.  and nobody likes him.  he's a petty loser-type personality who spent years in the league being a thin skinned narcissist and now that he finally has three stars on a team at a relatively young age, he can win.

it's just not what it used to be.  i'm done after this season.  the joy is gone out of watching ALL professional sports.  a team can be down by 21 in the NFL and someone makes a tackle and then proceeds to have a big celebration.  you're down 21, shut the hell up and get back to the line!  it's the same in the nba now- block a shot when you're down 20 and pound your chest and make some noises.  or better yet, take a bad shot and then argue with the refs instead of getting back on D

yawn

There you go/// Getting killed but celebrating a dunk by going into a king kong chest pounding... or how about the "bad looks" after dunking and staring down the fans for several seconds... like they just beat down 4 burglars robbing their house and about to rape their wife.. Are these nitwits so uneducated and stupid?

Im sure the light weight coaches and owners say they are expressing themselves...lol  Just like they all seem to be expressing themselves wearing those goofy black rimmed glasses, sometimes without lenses.. I feel embarrassed for them, to tell you the truth...KG included.. Seems they feel intellectual wearing them..

Just as the players... the coaches, ownership and league have all gone south from years ago imo.

The inmates have taken over the asylum...  Doc is perfect example the way he cowers at the feet of Rondo.. It's a league about ME... for the most part...

Can you tell me players really give a s*** about team when they're down 20 with 3 mins to go and  celebrate a dunk like they just won the lottery? Guess it starts with the crazy money they make.  Maybe they temporarily get down cause they're losing the game then a light goes on... hey i'm worth $40mil.... I dont have a worry in the world... win/lose, whats the difference.. Im still taking my b****es to Tahiti and Maui on a pvt jet.. I got $$ to burn and im set for life...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

yawn

Acie

Your right about the game ,it has changed for the worse. Even the fans are different, they are all non basketball players pink hats who go for the Stars . They enjoy the dancing ,smoke and giveaways .Most don't even watch the game.

The players go through the motions and play a slow down game. I loved the old C's with Cowens, White ,Silas, Cheney,Hondo played up tempo ball.

I still play the game in adult leagues,most of the 20 year olds play star ball ,no D, no picks, all one on one junk ball. Dosn't matter if they are black or white they play the same game.

Take care Run

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In response to DFURY-13's comment:

The sad pathetic thing is if we played 4 white guys this post wouldn't have been made. I'm sorry, I'm white and believe me you don't want me anywhere near and NBA court unless I'm showing someone to there seat. We have 1 white player so we are racists. We are just thugs that don't play defense. I'd love to see him go to the garden and say that to this teams face. BTW Run Doc outcoached Vogel down the stretch and our talent took over. We earned that win legitimately you clown.

DFURY

I thought you were a non player fan. Most non players like you love the new game,you like the smoke show and the giveaways,you like star ball and slow down ball.

Most former players like me ,watch the game for the game and the game is bad now.

No fast breaks ,all one on one stuff. Give me the Old Lakers or Cs anyday.

Run

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"I am done watching and most real basketball fans feal the same way."

That's great Run. I assume that means you are done posting here as well? If so congrats to you and great news for the rest of us. 

It's sad you would post this after one of the best Celts wins of the season and I would urge everyone else in this forum to realize that this is a clear indication Run is not here as a genuine fan of the team but here to stir up whatever for god knows what reason. 

Run just so you're clear, you do realize that the NBA offensive game has improved since Michael Jordan's heyday before the defensive hand-checking rules were changed right?  It was during the Jordan and Pat Riley Knicks era this defensive style came into play. 

I assume you boycotted the game then also? 

Here's a history lesson for you since you dont have a grip: "Since 1990, the NBA has instituted a series of rules changes to increase the offensive player's flow and make physical play costly. First came increased penalties for flagrant fouls (1990) and fighting (1993), the implementation of the "five points" rule that called for automatic suspensions of players who amassed a certain number of flagrants (1993). Hand checking was eliminated in 1994. Using the forearm to defend players facing the basket went away in 1997."

"The rules changes did what they were supposed to do -- open up the game. Scoring average has increased from an average 95.6 points per game in the 1997-98 season to this year's 100 per game" 

(this was from 2009 - here's the full article for you: http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/04/22/aldridge.defenses/) 

So the gist of it is: your opinions are factually incorrect, ignorant, and completely wrong. 

I won't even get into why great defense is all about the kind of hustle EVERY TRUE FAN WANTS FROM THEIR TEAM...

That said, don't let that stop you from not watching the games you hate so much. We celebrate your realization that watching the NBA is not a good fit for your lifestyle. See ya!

Loved it!!  Good job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

The inmates have taken over the asylum...  Doc is perfect example the way he cowers at the feet of Rondo.. It's a league about ME... for the most part...

it matches the culture that has taken a gradual turn and then hard tack toward a malignant narcissist slant..........  you need look no further than your television set for hollywoodies.  or our CONgress for that matter- both parties- the "establishment" is all about "me" and why not?!  the elite ruling class is much like the nba- overpaid, doesn't matter if they get anything done and they are well insulated, perhaps not so much by salary but the covert lobbyist cash in the briefcases, the drugs they take, the 'ho's they meet, the health care they enjoy FOR LIFE, the free college tuition for their kids FOR LIFE.... 

merrily disconnected from reality.

most of us working stiffs lose a customer if we are stinko any given day.  or a job.  for those who have no defined parameters of success / failure other than vying for a contract (calvin booth and mark blount, people!!)- life is but a dream!  and it shows.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Run just so you're clear, you do realize that the NBA offensive game has improved since Michael Jordan's heyday before the defensive hand-checking rules were changed right?  It was during the Jordan and Pat Riley Knicks era this defensive style came into play. 

I assume you boycotted the game then also? 

Here's a history lesson for you since you dont have a grip: "Since 1990, the NBA has instituted a series of rules changes to increase the offensive player's flow and make physical play costly. First came increased penalties for flagrant fouls (1990) and fighting (1993), the implementation of the "five points" rule that called for automatic suspensions of players who amassed a certain number of flagrants (1993). Hand checking was eliminated in 1994. Using the forearm to defend players facing the basket went away in 1997."

"The rules changes did what they were supposed to do -- open up the game. Scoring average has increased from an average 95.6 points per game in the 1997-98 season to this year's 100 per game" 

(this was from 2009 - here's the full article for you: http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/04/22/aldridge.defenses/) 

So the gist of it is: your opinions are factually incorrect, ignorant, and completely wrong. 

I won't even get into why great defense is all about the kind of hustle EVERY TRUE FAN WANTS FROM THEIR TEAM...

That said, don't let that stop you from not watching the games you hate so much. We celebrate your realization that watching the NBA is not a good fit for your lifestyle. See ya!

Loved it!!  Good job.

the pat riley knicks of the 1990s were dreadful to watch.  that has been nationalized.  it was not fun ball.  it was not interesting ball.  it was thug ball.  not that the entire league is now thug ball, but the BASEMENT as far as scoring records go has been re-defined every single year the last several years. 

i can remember when the league LOW record for scoring in a quarter was 17 and that was fingernails in the eyes type of basketball.  good defense is nice, yes, but shooting .303 from the field is not nice to watch.  what's the new league LOW record for scoring in a quarter?  it's WELL into single digits and I do believe it was improved upon (in putridity) this year or last year.  i'm pretty sure the league LOW record for scoring in a quarter is now SEVEN POINTS. 

in the "new" nba quarters of 15 or less are not UNCOMMON.  that is abominable basketball by any measure. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to runrunandrun's comment:

In response to DFURY-13's comment:

The sad pathetic thing is if we played 4 white guys this post wouldn't have been made. I'm sorry, I'm white and believe me you don't want me anywhere near and NBA court unless I'm showing someone to there seat. We have 1 white player so we are racists. We are just thugs that don't play defense. I'd love to see him go to the garden and say that to this teams face. BTW Run Doc outcoached Vogel down the stretch and our talent took over. We earned that win legitimately you clown.

DFURY

I thought you were a non player fan. Most non players like you love the new game,you like the smoke show and the giveaways,you like star ball and slow down ball.

Most former players like me ,watch the game for the game and the game is bad now.

No fast breaks ,all one on one stuff. Give me the Old Lakers or Cs anyday.

Run

Couldnt agree more..  Heck, even the goofy weave the C's used to so was their signature..the fast break C's of Cowens, Hondo et al... the late 60's early 70's Knicks and find the open man, show time,  throw in the Spurs too.. good games to watch.

Also, I hated going to games. The last 10 years Ive been to only a few.. (NY &NJ) Cant stand the nonsense that goes on.. theres not 20 secs where u can speak to a friend without music blasting, horns going off or some other annoying stuff to occupy the brain dead.  You gotta scream to the person sitting 2 feet from you so they can hear... better yet, learn sign language.

ITs all glitz and dunks... what todays generation of targeted fans must want