A bold theory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

A bold theory

This is not making any sense. Why does Doc and CP3 and the Clippers all want Doc to LAC. Why would the deal go through with the clause that prohibits any additional trading between the two teams? That means no super team with KG. (let's be honest, a Jordan + pick for KG would have been great for the Clippers chances this season). If KG were to go to LA it probably would have needed to be with Doc. So no more Celtics West. Then Doc gets contracted not only as Head Coach but Senior VP of Operations. What is that? Senior to who? I thought Doc was weighing options between contending and taking time off to step away for a bit. This is him taking on more responsibility. This is Doc inserting himself into personnel decisions and negociations.

This is foreshadowing of what's to come.

I suspect that Doc went to LAC to facilitate a Dwight Howard move.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Re: A bold theory

They would have to move Jordan and few other contracts but CP3, Howard, Griffin and an outside shooter wpould make them a force in the West.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I believe Doc toook a HUGE HUGE gamble. Look, CP3 could still jump ship. Let's look at the CLippers and why would CP3 resign with them when they don't really have much. Crawford, Butler, Griffin, Jordan, Odom and Bledsoe. You are not beating the Spurs, OKC, Memphis with that squad. How can the Clippers take on D12 without a S&T with Bledsoe and Jordan? Why would the Lakers help the Clippers?

If I'm CP3 I would've told Doc don't come because I'm going to Houston to feed Harden or Dallas to feed Dirk. We have nothing here with the Clippers. CP3, D12 and Dirk or CP3, Harden and D12 is better than what the Clippers have.

Doc is in for a rude awakening and he BETTER hope CP3 resigns because if CP3 doesn't get D12 he could bolt.

I believe Doc got so far down the road with going to the Clippers because he thought KG could come and now that's not happening. How could Doc back out at that point? It would make it look like he had to have KG. Stern basically said they can't even trade AB for Bledsoe if they wanted too. So Doc can't get any of his former players unless PP is bought out.

I think Ainge played possum in the presser. He's giddy inside that he got a UNPROTECTED #1...which is very rare in the NBA. He can use that as a chip to trade with a bad team next year if he wanted too. If he can land Josh Smith for PP a lineup of Rondo, AB, Green, KG and Smith, Terry, Sully can be a 3rd or 4th seed.

I'm not falling for Ainge's sad face, he's happy as h3!!.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

doc wouldn't have gone if CP3 hadn't already told doc that he would re-sign.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

many draft rumors have the Clippers sending Bledsoe and Butler to Orlando for Afflalo.

I don't think that helps their cap issues with getting Howard, but he IS a shooter for that Howard, Blake, CP lineup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Yeah but hopefuly that was AFTER Stern nixed the KG deal. CP3 may have said that when KG was in the picture. We'll see...nothing is final until the ink is on the paper.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

doc wouldn't have gone if CP3 hadn't already told doc that he would re-sign.

Bingo!

Too bad the Lakers have no intention of sending them Howard for Bledsoe and Jordan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

many draft rumors have the Clippers sending Bledsoe and Butler to Orlando for Afflalo.

I don't think that helps their cap issues with getting Howard, but he IS a shooter for that Howard, Blake, CP lineup.

This made tons of sense for them when they thought they'd get a bought out Pierce. If the Clippers make that trade, which is a real good one as far as a talent swap (althoughLA should
    get a 2nd rd pick as well), then they have 5 guards (Paul, Afflalo, Crawford and I'd assume Willie Green and Billups) and only 1 SF, and he's a FA (Barnes). Hmmmmm

Bledsoe and Butler for Danny Granger makes way more sense for them now. Not sure if the $ works.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: A bolder theory

I wonder if all the talk about moving Garnett to the Clips with Doc was just to camelflage the real plan of eventiually moving Pierce (not Garnett who is needed in Boston).  Pierce wan't really part of any serious talks with the Clips so therefore a strong case could be made that the trade should not be prohibited by Stern.  

This would be in the best interest of the of the Celtics, Clippers, Doc and Pierce.  

Clippers load their line-up with CP3, Pierce, Griffin and keep Jordan (never really intended to be traded).  

Celtics somehow get Bledsoe and Butler (or salary balance) in return for Pierce...and keep Garnett to help lead and mentor the Celtics.  Pierce gets one last shot at a title (respect). and Doc prepares to step up to a GM job that he wouldn't get in Boston with Danny.

I admit that I dpn't know how the Pierce deal would be structured, but food for thought.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I wonder if all the talk about moving Garnett to the Clips with Doc was just to camelflage the real plan of eventiually moving Pierce (not Garnett who is needed in Boston).  Pierce wan't really part of any serious talks with the Clips so therefore a strong case could be made that the trade should not be prohibited by Stern.  

This would be in the best interest of the of the Celtics, Clippers, Doc and Pierce.  

Clippers load their line-up with CP3, Pierce, Griffin and keep Jordan (never really intended to be traded).  

Celtics somehow get Bledsoe and Butler (or salary balance) in return for Pierce...and keep Garnett to help lead and mentor the Celtics.  Pierce gets one last shot at a title (respect). and Doc prepares to step up to a GM job that he wouldn't get in Boston with Danny.

I admit that I dpn't know how the Pierce deal would be structured, but food for thought.

It could happen Jordan, Bledsoe and Willie Green for Pierce in July... but clearly you're not reading the mandate set forth by the league that ZERO player transactions can happen between the C's and Clips until the end of this season

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Ah, I stand corrected and slightly humiliated.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Cant the Cs trade Garnett to a team and then that team trades KG to the Clips? And then they get what they wanted all along.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Cant the Cs trade Garnett to a team and then that team trades KG to the Clips? And then they get what they wanted all along.....

According to a agreement in Doc's contract no they can't

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9421828/doc-rivers-introduced-los-angeles-clippers-coach-wednesday

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I believe Doc toook a HUGE HUGE gamble. Look, CP3 could still jump ship. Let's look at the CLippers and why would CP3 resign with them when they don't really have much. Crawford, Butler, Griffin, Jordan, Odom and Bledsoe. You are not beating the Spurs, OKC, Memphis with that squad. How can the Clippers take on D12 without a S&T with Bledsoe and Jordan? Why would the Lakers help the Clippers?

If I'm CP3 I would've told Doc don't come because I'm going to Houston to feed Harden or Dallas to feed Dirk. We have nothing here with the Clippers. CP3, D12 and Dirk or CP3, Harden and D12 is better than what the Clippers have.

Doc is in for a rude awakening and he BETTER hope CP3 resigns because if CP3 doesn't get D12 he could bolt.

I believe Doc got so far down the road with going to the Clippers because he thought KG could come and now that's not happening. How could Doc back out at that point? It would make it look like he had to have KG. Stern basically said they can't even trade AB for Bledsoe if they wanted too. So Doc can't get any of his former players unless PP is bought out.

I think Ainge played possum in the presser. He's giddy inside that he got a UNPROTECTED #1...which is very rare in the NBA. He can use that as a chip to trade with a bad team next year if he wanted too. If he can land Josh Smith for PP a lineup of Rondo, AB, Green, KG and Smith, Terry, Sully can be a 3rd or 4th seed.

I'm not falling for Ainge's sad face, he's happy as h3!!.

Sure and pass the pipe!  The Celtics unprotected pick means squat and you will find that out soon enough.  Doc will be there for at least the next couple of years and that means squat for the C's.  CP3 will resign with Clips because where else could he go and be in contention? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

not sure the clipper situation will work out for Doc.  His relationship with ownership won't come close to what he had in Boston.  Also, Doc doesn't like DHoward, never did.  Doesn't trust him.  

Rondo should take this personal because Doc obviously is the one who was pushing for the trade to get CP3 a couple of years ago.  Now he has his point gaurd.  

Griffin is over rated, and Jordan is way over paid.  so glad the Celtics didn't end up with him.