A Post from a Concerned Knicks fan to Celtics' fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

A Post from a Concerned Knicks fan to Celtics' fans

I just want to wish you all up in Boston a tremendous amount of safety and peace in your lives. Although we cheer for different teams, at the end of the day we are all Americans, and some things take a back seat.

I am still in shock, and I hope no one on this board has lost anyone and your families are all safe tonight. Please be diligent as you make your way through Boston tomorrow and in the near future, some times, these things come in threes.

The time to talk smack, talk about Cheerios, and the Knicks making three will come some time soon, but for now please be safe.

You are in the prayers of every New Yorker.

God Bless.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: A Post from a Concerned Knicks fan to Celtics' fans

In response to june2010's comment:

I just want to wish you all up in Boston a tremendous amount of safety and peace in your lives. Although we cheer for different teams, at the end of the day we are all Americans, and some things take a back seat.

I am still in shock, and I hope no one on this board has lost anyone and your families are all safe tonight. Please be diligent as you make your way through Boston tomorrow and in the near future, some times, these things come in threes.

The time to talk smack, talk about Cheerios, and the Knicks making three will come some time soon, but for now please be safe.

God Bless.

Thanks.  A classy post.

Its reassuring that there are some responsible poeple roaming the forums, unlike another out of town forum where some are actually hiding behind their computer and joking about the tragedy. Sick cowards.  Boston and NY are like brothers who fight.  We are in close proximity and more alike, compared to other cities.      

Here's hoping for a competitive series!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Competion is great, appreciate the shout out of support NY.  What happend at the Boston Marathon brings back memories of 911.  Two cities that now have lived this kind of crap understand what it means to stand strong.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

Not a problem guys. Some of the toughest and smartest human beings have come from the Northeast, that's why there's this Northeast bias against us.

Others places would be crippled by this, but our kind is strong up here, and we will overcome this.

America was born and fortified up here and Boston is one of the main reason why.

Just be safe out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Well said...............we'll focus on the series later............should be an instant classic!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

God Bless.

Agree with all the others.  A very classy post.  I also hope that everyone is safe and cautious when traveling the next few days around Boston. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

So apparently Knicks fans have more class than Lakers fans.

Well, in fairness flobus made a nice post. But Nothing from the really obnoxious ones. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Classy fan   thank you

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

God Bless.

Very well put.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

God Bless.

Agreed...I live in West Coast and can really say, the rudeness and  lack of class is rampant.(.Dodger fans killing Giant fans).but not all of us...I know I would love Boston or NY but can't handle the cold...brr..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Times like this put things in perspective. Priorities get reexamined. I can't imagine what some of the victims are going through.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

God Bless.

Agreed...I live in West Coast and can really say, the rudeness and  lack of class is rampant.(.Dodger fans killing Giant fans).but not all of us...I know I would love Boston or NY but can't handle the cold...brr..

============================================

Not one Laker fan has responded as have Knick fans...hmmm? We are all Americans and we all need be vigilant irrespective of where we live in our great country. No specific area has a monopoly on kooks, sickos etc.

And yes, Boston & NY are neighbors and, despite intense sports rivalries, we are brothers.  SF and Los Angeles are not...LA is a big sprawling smog infested metropolis that I would not call quaint.   SF & San Diego too are more like Boston with a waterfront within walking distance of the city. LA goes out miles to Santa Monica to the Ocean.

I am first a Boston teams fan as I spent my first 21 years in Maine before USMC called me away---roots run deep---but also a local team fan( SF area only). One of  the reasons I  love SF(the West Coast Bay Area)…been here 45 years---is that it is very similar to Boston, a nice quaint town, hills, seafood, a great walking around city and the Bay of SF.  

God Bless Us All & God Bless America !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I was in Boston to celebrate Patriot's Day....saw a great game at Fenway and was looking forward to the game in the Garden the next night....we were walking down Boylston Street watching the runners, the crowd...there was laughter, shouts of encouragement, high fives, music....and then we heard what had happened...my buddies and I were about 3 blocks from the finish line when the explosions took place...I've never seen such chaos...police cars and emergency vehicles by the dozens going in every direction...as I think back I feel blessed that we didn't get an earlier start as we headed for the finish line...by the grace of God as the saying goes...

Let the playoffs begin with the chips falling where they will....after what just happened, sports just doesn't seem as important...although Boston is made up of proud and patriotic folks...I can only imagine what the folks in NYC went through during the 9/11 disaster....so let's take a moment to sit back and reflect....at this point, I really don't care if it ends up being the Lakers or the Jazz who make the playoffs....and I'm not as concerned about the Celtics/Knicks series....life is precious...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

God Bless.

============================================

Not one Laker fan has responded as have Knick fans...hmmm? We are all Americans and we all need be vigilant irrespective of where we live in our great country. No specific area has a monopoly on kooks, sickos etc.

And yes, Boston & NY are neighbors and, despite intense sports rivalries, we are brothers.  SF and Los Angeles are not...LA is a big sprawling smog infested metropolis that I would not call quaint.   SF & San Diego too are more like Boston with a waterfront within walking distance of the city. LA goes out miles to Santa Monica to the Ocean.

I am first a Boston teams fan as I spent my first 21 years in Maine before USMC called me away---roots run deep---but also a local team fan( SF area only). One of  the reasons I  love SF(the West Coast Bay Area)…been here 45 years---is that it is very similar to Boston, a nice quaint town, hills, seafood, a great walking around city and the Bay of SF.  

God Bless Us All & God Bless America !!!

Actually some Laker fans have responded

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

God Bless.

What giant fan has been killed?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from setdaCsfree. Show setdaCsfree's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Don't worry, this time around, the Knicks will finally beat the Celts in the playoffs.

Really??Are u sure about that??didn't u say last year your so called team will not make it to the first round?and u r predicting again????I mean wow,what if the c's lose game 1 and win game 2 what then?? The celtics will win this series in 6 fierce!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

I'm a celtics fan of Argentina. 2 months ago I was fortunate to know your country.  just want to say that I pray for you. you pray for us so that Kristina go...

beat NY, beat NY, beat NY

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PlayoffBound. Show PlayoffBound's posts

In response to santafesino's comment:

I'm a celtics fan of Argentina. 2 months ago I was fortunate to know your country.  just want to say that I pray for you. you pray for us so that Kristina go...

beat NY, beat NY, beat NY

I hope you watched the Celtics in the 1950's. 

if not, it has been a tough quarter century plus to be a Celtics fan...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

In response to PlayoffBound's comment:

En respuesta al comentario de santafesino:

Soy celtics fan de Argentina. 2 meses atrás tuve la suerte de conocer a su país.  simplemente quiere decir que rezo por usted. usted ora por nosotros para que Kristina ir ...

vencer a NY, NY latido, latido NY

Espero que viste a los Celtics en la década de 1950. 

si no, ha sido un cuarto de siglo más difícil que ser un fan Celtics ...

a friend gave me a celtics cap in 1986. since then I am a celtics fan.

in Argentina I'm a fan of Union de Santa Fe, the club formed Carlitos Delfino and where he played Mario Elie

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

June2010, thanks for the kind words.  I hope the Celts play their best ball and we get a good series, whoever wins.  A Boston/New York series will likely provide us with some extra spirit.

Duke4, you're one of the truly best posters on this board, love your reflections on the old days.  Glad your Patriots Day shined on you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

So apparently Knicks fans have more class than Lakers fans.

Kirk6,

There're no Lakers fans on this forum, well, at least as of lately, just trolls pretending to be Lakers fans. And I don't recall many trolls who had class and decency.

June2010,

Thanks for kind words. And hope for a good fight.

AK

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

I was in Boston to celebrate Patriot's Day....saw a great game at Fenway and was looking forward to the game in the Garden the next night....we were walking down Boylston Street watching the runners, the crowd...there was laughter, shouts of encouragement, high fives, music....and then we heard what had happened...my buddies and I were about 3 blocks from the finish line when the explosions took place...I've never seen such chaos...police cars and emergency vehicles by the dozens going in every direction...as I think back I feel blessed that we didn't get an earlier start as we headed for the finish line...by the grace of God as the saying goes...

Let the playoffs begin with the chips falling where they will....after what just happened, sports just doesn't seem as important...although Boston is made up of proud and patriotic folks...I can only imagine what the folks in NYC went through during the 9/11 disaster....so let's take a moment to sit back and reflect....at this point, I really don't care if it ends up being the Lakers or the Jazz who make the playoffs....and I'm not as concerned about the Celtics/Knicks series....life is precious...

Horrible.

It's true that it does put life in perspective. Really. I just see sport as being something fun, and share with my family. 

Seen enough and know enough, to know that family, and life in general is what is most important. 

Been way too much tragedy in Boston this week. Heart goes out to those police officers killed today.  In fact a sad week for the USA in general. 

Just know that people around the world are thinking about you and just praying that things improve and wounds heal. Stay who you are. Which in my mind is a generally friendly and good, a very good group of people and a welcoming nation. Always had a wonderful time in the United States. And the one thing I've always loved is that people are friendly! 

Stay safe to you guys in Boston with this man hunt happening. I hope it's all resolved today. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

There're no Lakers fans on this forum 

I've been here for years.