A. Sherrod Blakely says that BBD most likely won't re-sign with Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

A. Sherrod Blakely says that BBD most likely won't re-sign with Celtics

On twitter A. Sherrod Blakely just said BBD is unlikely to re-sign with the C's.  There was nothing more on it but I wonder how the Celtics can let that happen.

BBD is one of the few guys getting better every year.  I wonder what the plan is for this team is after stupidly letting TA  and Powe go. BBD is better than both of them and it seems they are going to do the same thing with him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: A. Sherrod Blakely says that BBD most likely won't re-sign with Celtics

Maybe he smells a sinking ship.  But he's probably just looking for a starting role and more money - the Celts can't deliver on the former but perhaps the latter.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

it all depends on the cba. its too premature to know what will happen.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I want BBD back regardless. He is very solid player and is only 25.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: A. Sherrod Blakely says that BBD most likely won't re-sign with Celtics:
    [QUOTE]As long as BBD help the Celts win a championship this season it doesn't matter where he goes next season. The Celts already have Jeff Green to take his place.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

By all means, as long as it's not pierce leaving, who cares where any of the other Celtics go!!  Thanks for proving my point!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

I'll be sorry to see him go - great effort guy, seems to work new things into his game each year, and funny as h*ll in interviews.

If I was coach Thibs, I'd be interesting in nabbing him for his proven ability to rotate and pick up charges in his system....

The only concern from an organizational perspective w/respect to a multi-year contract is the wear and tear his weight puts on his knees (already showing up this year in the form of tendinitis). Dropping 15 lbs or even a bit more than that would help prolong his career whether that's here or elsewhere....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: A. Sherrod Blakely says that BBD most likely won't re-sign with Celtics:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A. Sherrod Blakely says that BBD most likely won't re-sign with Celtics : You are correct, the cba will have a lot to do with it.  The only time the Celts are going to need BBD back is if the Celts win banner #18 and go for a repeat in 2012.

Agree with you about the new cba.  They are proposing a lot of changes that will influence what teams can spend.  The Celtics may have no choice and only be able to sign a few players next year and would have to choose between signing Jeff Green or Glen Davis.   Until the CBA is settled can't even anticipate what will happen.  I just hope that it is settled.  I would be very disappointed if they don't play next year.  As it currently stands the NFL still hasn't settled either.  Imagine if their is no NFL or NBA next year.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A. Sherrod Blakely says that BBD most likely won't re-sign with Celtics : You are correct, the cba will have a lot to do with it.  The only time the Celts are going to need BBD back is if the Celts win banner #18 and go for a repeat in 2012.

Celts repeat??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since when, the 60s in a 9 team league! Everyone knows boston can't repeat, leave that sort of accomplishment to the Lakers!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

A. sherrod blakely............tom E. curran. I don't like anyone who has an initial in their name. Vanity. A. sherrod looks like he should be working cutting meat in some slaughterhouse in Iowa...........Celtic "insider." Clown.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Don't care
    We got bigger fish to fry right now

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I don't want to sound like a hater, but after this year I'm not sure I care about BB too much.  A 4 that can't dunk?  I can touch back board with zero hops and I'm 5'9...  The guy is literally a foot taller.. I dunno, we need more athletic players for rebounding and finishing under the hoop.  Ainge liked his small PF's, but it may be time to get some more height.... don't care what you guy's think, but I want Kemba... Ray and Kemba at the 2 would be great, but not sure we can get him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A. Sherrod Blakely says that BBD most likely won't re-sign with Celtics : BBD will be an unrestricted FA this summer. Pierce is under contract until 2014. And signing Jeff Green is also a priority for the Celts this summer. What is your point then?

do you really think that doc blithers is endearing himself and the C's to green?  i mean c'mon- green is one of the few guys out there busting tail and he still gets his minutes senselessly limited.

i think you can spread green as 3/4 and davis at 4/5 next year and still have this team be great.  giving away davis you give away a lot of intangibles.  you seem resigned to doing that.  i hope the celts are not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A. Sherrod Blakely says that BBD most likely won't re-sign with Celtics : do you really think that doc blithers is endearing himself and the C's to green?  i mean c'mon- green is one of the few guys out there busting tail and he still gets his minutes senselessly limited. i think you can spread green as 3/4 and davis at 4/5 next year and still have this team be great.  giving away davis you give away a lot of intangibles.  you seem resigned to doing that.  i hope the celts are not.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I think he also gives a lot up for particular aspect such as rebounding, defense, and interior presense.  He does shoot well, take charges, and has a nice mid-range game, but to pay him as a starter won't happen as long as KG is around.  I also know KG is at the end of the road, but I think you look for more "intangibles" else where.  Again, he is not a typical 4 so I think you could improve, and as well he won't be worth the money he'll command.