A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Re: A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry

i would ike to pick up battier, but don't know how we would. doc and ainge like their guys right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry:
    [QUOTE]i would ike to pick up battier, but don't know how we would. doc and ainge like their guys right now.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

The Celtics will make a move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry : P34, the reason why I said it's an impossible trade was that Brooks, Scoola and  Battier are their best players. They are their Big Three. If you want any of them you have to pay a big price, trust me, I live in Houston Again, I live in Houston, and if you said that in Houston, they will run you out of town. Brooks is like their All-star here and their is no way they will accept Rondo for Brooks, how much more Nate. Like I said, I live in Houston and Brooks is their future.  Even if Brooks didn't make the All-Star, he is considered an All-Star in Houston, believe me.                                      Time Will Only Tell                          
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

ChiefEddie1028, if you truly live in Houston, you would know that Aaron Brooks is OUT OF THE ROTATION.  He walked off the court during a timeout and my not return to the rotation.  He is definitely at the door with his bags packed.  And furthermore, Brooks is not Houston's best player.

Again, if you truly live in Houston, does the name "Kevin Martin" ring a bell?  When you talk about the Rocket's best player, Kevin Martin assumes that label, not Aaron Brooks.

And as for Battier, again living in Houston, you'd know that the future of the SF position in Houston is Chase Budinger.  That is why Battier has acknowledged that he believes he'll be traded soon.

So, if you and "Houstonians" believe Brooks, Battier and Scola represent the Houston Three, I could not disagree with you more. Scola is a keeper for them but two of the three may be gone in a little over a month.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We don't have much to offer for trade. We really can't do without anyone in the regular rotation. Late in the 1st round picks,Wafer,Bradley,Harongoody,Robinson and West none have much value. The only way we could package a couple of those guys is being 3rd team or taking some other teams headache. A D league miracle or a 10 day contract find is our best shot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry:
    [QUOTE]To Boston: Shane Battier and Aaron Brooks To Houston: TJ Ford and Draft pick To Indiana: JO and Nate The Pacers are going to make the playoffs. That means JO's experience and size will help them down the stretch and Nate will provide them with instant offense off the bench. At the rate they're going the Rockets will not be a playoff team this season. Both Battier and Brooks are not part of the Rockets future plans, might as well start the rebuilding process. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Nice trade for the Celts

Aaron Brooks is everything that Nate is and more.  Shane Battier also brings the D, which fits perfectly for the Celtics

Here's hoping it happens, which I doubt... How's Houston this year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Brooks on the block?

2:20PM ET

UPDATE: Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle is refuting Hahn's below report which states the Rockets "are going to try hard" to move Brooks.

"According to two individuals with knowledge of the Rockets' thinking, the Rockets are not mulling a deal because so far there is not one to consider, and the Rockets are not looking to dump Brooks. Not even close," he wrote. "He could be moved by the deadline, which has been true for most of the Rockets roster since Yao Ming started limping Nov. 10, long before Brooks stalked off the floor on Saturday. The Rockets, however, are not in talks to deal him and really don't want to."

---

On the day Aaron Brooks was suspended by the Rockets, word came out of New York that the Knicks are interested in the point guard.

Alan Hahn of Newsday writes: "A source with knowledge of the situation said the Rockets 'are going to try hard' to move Brooks before the Feb. 24 trade deadline. A separate source confirmed that the Knicks are interested."

The Rockets have a full backcourt and Brooks has been unhappy coming off the bench since he returned from an ankle injury.

Raymond Felton is the starting point guard for the Knicks, so Brooks wouldn't be happy going there as a backup. Of course the Knicks could try to trade Felton if they acquired Brooks.

The New York Post reports the Knicks have asked about Brooks' availability and the Rockets turned them down.

Brooks is set to become a restricted free agent this summer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Brooks is a very good player.  I have seen him beat the Lakers singlehanded in a playoff game twice two year ago.  It seems Battier would also be available the only thing P34 may have wrong is that we need a different package to get them here.  I think these two guys would put us over the top.

The difference between TAllen and Battier is Battier will kill you with threes as well as defense. Very strong character guy too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Brooks is a very good player.  I have seen him beat the Lakers singlehanded in a playoff game twice two year ago.  It seems Battier would also be available the only thing P34 may have wrong is that we need a different package to get them here.  I think these two guys would put us over the top. The difference between TAllen and Battier is Battier will kill you with threes as well as defense. Very strong character guy too.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

The Celtics can add a draft pick and Bradley or Harangody. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

$ doesn't work as said

You can trade Nate/Quis for Battier.

At this point when DWest returns I'd rather have Wafer as the bu SG than Nate if it meant we had Battier for the next month Quis is out AND obviously the upgrade he gives us for the playoffs anyhow

What would it take to have Houston pay Nate 4 million in '12 when Battier is a FA who costs 0 next year...

What if they have every intention of keeping him as he's their leader?

I mean it would have to be Avery or a pick, either of which I'm F-I-N-E with. But both is prob too much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]What about Nate & Harangoody (salary match) for James Posey?
    Posted by bjd[/QUOTE]

The salaries do not match.

4.2 and 500k = 4.7 million

Pose makes 7.1

besides its not wise to dump Nate for Pose... you'd want to dump the injured JON and 'Quis for him.

JON, Quis and Wafer for Posey and Dahntay Jones makes sense. We can even throw in a 2nd rd pick to sweeten it, but regardless of player contribution Indy should make it for $ reasons. Those are their 3rd string SG/SF's who would actually be our 2nd string guys...

Indy saves 200k this year, 4 million next year and 2.5 million the year after that.

We get someone as good as Quis and for now he is out... meanwhile 'd trust Posey to give us 12-18 solid playoff mins on the likes of Deng, Turk and LBJ so Pierce doesn't have to do it all. I doubt Marquis will be up for that task even if he is younger/quicker.

We have a Tony allen type defender at the 2 in Jones, so now our 2nd unit playing with a lead can bring him in but we keep Nate if we need insant offense and are coming from behind.

Everyone wins. Wyc winces at paying Jones 2.6m in '13... but we are about titles NOW. This is a last ditch move after you investigate Prince and Battier and possible other similar/better SF's than Posey. We save Avery and any 1st rd picks and have posey exp contract next year to add to those parts to get a better bench guy for what would be one final run.