A Trivia on Bill Russell and Greg Stiemsma

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

A Trivia on Bill Russell and Greg Stiemsma

This is just a thought upon seeing Greg Stiemsma blocked six shots in Washington during his NBA debut with the Boston Celtics.  It reminded me of Bill Russell who made his debut in December of 1956, and Stiemsma in December of 2011, both are natural Centers.  Russell and Stiemsma are both non-shooters yet when needed, they make their shots.  Both are defensive minded in rookie years, taking care of the boards in offense and defense.  Russell with Cousy and Stiemsma with Rondo, what a great combo in years of the Boston Celtics.

I went back to see some highlight footage of Stiemsma when Flip Saunders was ejected, the anchor said "the way Stiemsma defending the paint and blocking thier shots, it changes the opponent play !!! "     What the anchor said is exactly similar what Johnny Most said long long time ago in Boston Radio with Russ and Red.   

To all Celtics,  light the Cigar again !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: A Trivia on Bill Russell and Greg Stiemsma

I like Stiemsma, who is a good find with a lot of upside, but it's a bit premature to compare him with Russ :-), who was also pretty much the smartest players ever to play the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: A Trivia on Bill Russell and Greg Stiemsma

In Response to Re: A Trivia on Bill Russell and Greg Stiemsma:
    [QUOTE]I like Stiemsma, who is a good find with a lot of upside, but it's a bit premature to compare him with Russ :-), who was also pretty much the smartest players ever to play the game.
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

And the gutsiest! K.G.'s heart and MJ's drive to win x 2!