A word or 2 about TROLLS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

A word or 2 about TROLLS

Im just hoping many Celtic fans figure out the opinions and comments made by these trolls is strictly to garner attention and a reaction. Most of what they post isn't what they truly believe. However, they know by posting it, many will react and take it as their literal opinion.

I'm getting so bored having to jump through all their posts to find real fan opinions. I guess I should click ignore and be done with it.

Same goes for all the new discussion threads they make. Having to scroll down to find real ones and sometimes turning the page because they've taken up so much of page 1.

I understand they get a kick out of it. Just wish our responses would lessen...they will surely slow down if it did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS

Karl,
    I hear you.
    Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do.
    The "Ignore" button is the only tool. Unfortunately there're quite a few Celtics fans who don't use it and feed the trolls.
    You have to wade through all this crap to find decent posts/discussions.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

+1.

I could not have said it better.  When I see the names of certain posters (the guy with the elf, snoop, for instance), I scroll past those because they really don't bring any intelligent discussion.  I may read their first post (within a thread) but I then skip the rest because they only look to agitate the many posters looking for real discussion and exchanges.  You "hope" they may actually have something constructive to say but then you realize they are only here to annoy everyone.

And their posts tend to take many threads off their intended subject because of the back and forth nonsense debate that some folks entertain these fools with.  It's obvious their overall intent is to contaminate the board.

There's a guy who's a Cavs fan who is not on here everyday and he imparts intelligent dialogue. Other than the Cav's fan, there aren't any other frequent posters from any team other than the Lakers.  I wonder why that is.

Why aren't there any irritating Heat posters or NJ Nets posters who contaminate this board?  We don't get many OKC or Spurs posters who DAILY come here to spew negativity and nonsense just to incite the many true Celtics posters who enjoy the conversation and exchanges.  And these guys are on here EVERY DAY!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

All it would take for them to go away, is not to reply to them!!   I guess some posters think when they reply, boy i showed that Laker troll that time, no you didn't, you did just what they wanted you to do, you replied, and when you do they win, it doesn't matter how good your reply was, they don't care, all they're looking for is someone to reply to them, and they can keep their little game going!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I suppose I'm an idealist.  I just figure people READ the agreement  before they sign up.  You know, the one that says, "Keep it clean, don't get personal?"  I believe down to the depth and breadth of my soul that if 99% of the people on this board were attacked personally, there would be some kind of response.  I've seen it more than once.  "I just put them on ignore."  But then, when they attack YOU, there is a comment.....it's very difficult.  I also have a HUGE problem with the fact THEY can comment on our team, but we can't comment on theirs.  Look, I'll talk hoops with anyone all day long - but I've had my father, my profession, my wife and my knowledge of hoops insulted.  I have a guy who follows me on every thread and calls me a buffoon, and I have a stalker who keeps wanting me to "prove" something I've proven to him for the last two years.  I have been on this board under different names  - true.  My reason is that I would like a fresh start sometimes - and not have to deal with the cr@pola......it is very hard, and I apologize to all Celtics fans out there who have had to listen to me rant  - but I maintain, if it was YOU, you might feel differently!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS:
    [QUOTE] All it would take for them to go away, is not to reply to them!!   I guess some posters think when they reply, boy i showed that Laker troll that time, no you didn't, you did just what they wanted you to do, you replied, and when you do they win, it doesn't matter how good your reply was, they don't care, all they're looking for is someone to reply to them, and they can keep their little game going!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT...WE ARE FEEDING THEM !!!

I believe that trolls are individuals who are incapable of communication  & interaction with others in real life and some are probably losers, failures.  They love that they can come on the Boston Globe discussions  and with their bogus/pen names write something that gets a response, and another etc. which allows them to continue...this feeds trolls. I send out emails and many tell me they are too long. I say take your pinky and hit the delete key and I say likewise when something appears irrational, take your finger & link down to the next post.  I have always felt in life that if someone is irrational that you can't communicate with that person so back away & don't aggravate yourself. On the other hand, if you get your jollies in a tennis match exchanging quips, go to it !!! Don't forget, this is not life & death stuff that each issue, opinion, off the wall or not, needs be addressed. OK, enough already.... personally, I think The Elf is ridiculously comical. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Petey, I have them on ignore.....why would I want to spend my time debating with (1) kids or (2) adult fans that talk nonsense...?  .....as for why the forum is filled with mostly Laker trolls as opposed to fans of other teams...?  ...it's simple.....pure envy....the Celtics are the flagship franchise of this league...no other team has dominated the Lakers over the years the way our team has...we have the most titles in NBA history...an .809 winning percentage in the Finals and a 9-3 record head to head vs the Lakers  (not to mention quite a lead all time during the regular season as well)...it's no wonder they are here really.....it's called "rationalization"....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Petey, I have them on ignore.....why would I want to spend my time debating with (1) kids or (2) adult fans that talk nonsense...?  .....as for why the forum is filled with mostly Laker trolls as opposed to fans of other teams...?  ...it's simple.....pure envy....the Celtics are the flagship franchise of this league...no other team has dominated the Lakers over the years the way our team has...we have the most titles in NBA history...an .809 winning percentage in the Finals and a 9-3 record head to head vs the Lakers  (not to mention quite a lead all time during the regular season as well)...it's no wonder they are here really.....it's called "rationalization"....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking its Laker trolls because what else could get under a Celtics fans skin more?

My guess is many are from the Boston area and probably real Celtic fans... trolling as a Laker fan just provides them more chuckles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]I suppose I'm an idealist.  I just figure people READ the agreement  before they sign up.  You know, the one that says, "Keep it clean, don't get personal?"  I believe down to the depth and breadth of my soul that if 99% of the people on this board were attacked personally , there would be some kind of response.  I've seen it more than once.  "I just put them on ignore."  But then, when they attack YOU, there is a comment.....it's very difficult.  I also have a HUGE problem with the fact THEY can comment on our team, but we can't comment on theirs.  Look, I'll talk hoops with anyone all day long - but I've had my father, my profession, my wife and my knowledge of hoops insulted.  I have a guy who follows me on every thread and calls me a buffoon, and I have a stalker who keeps wanting me to "prove" something I've proven to him for the last two years.  I have been on this board under different names  - true.  My reason is that I would like a fresh start sometimes - and not have to deal with the cr@pola......it is very hard, and I apologize to all Celtics fans out there who have had to listen to me rant  - but I maintain, if it was YOU, you might feel differently!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear some trolls are that sick in the head and lonely. My best remedy  is ignoring them. 

When they post "Artest was just celebrating and Harden should have been suspended for bumping into him"... they arent insulting your basketball IQ... they want you to feel offended and bark back to them. The more you do, the more youre feeding them imo. No different than a shock jock on the radio... He doesnt care what kind of reaction he gets, as long as someone is reacting.. When nobody does, hes taken off the air.  Think about it.

Good luck in any event.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It is too much to ask that the mods get rid of the trolls?

Apparently so

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]Posts from BaileyPowe are hidden Too bad, the guy can't comment on basketball anymore - just what's WRONG with everyone else!!
    hedley, i'd like a nickel for every post of mine that you've had removed over the years. the fact remains, you are the primary source of our troll issues here at bdc and have been for years. i'm just the messenger. unless you change your incorrigible troll baiting ways, the next time this subject comes up, i'll be sure your name comes up, too. isn't it great?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : hedley, i'd like a nickel for every post of mine that you've had removed over the years. the fact remains, you are the primary source of our troll issues here at bdc and have been for years. i'm just the messenger. unless you change your incorrigible troll baiting ways, the next time this subject comes up, i'll be sure your name comes up, too. isn't it great?
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

You are assuming I have the power to "remove" your posts??  WOW - do I feel honored.  If that were true.............don't you think I'd wave my magic wand to have the trolls posts deleted?  I have YOUR posts removed?  Really???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

red russ, hedley aka f34, oneonone are trolls that should be ignored but I sure do love schooling them!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i had two posts removed within scant minutes this morning, redRuss. one about you making your troll-baiting bed and lying in it and one about cutting the crap about my posts being hidden. it's not like bdc is johnny-on-the-spot w/ their moderating. yeah, i think both instances have your signature all over them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : You are assuming I have the power to "remove" your posts??  WOW - do I feel honored.  If that were true.............don't you think I'd wave my magic wand to have the trolls posts deleted?  I have YOUR posts removed?  Really???
    Come on, Hedley. You know you're all powerful. How else to explain this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoM-ZC7uNnc

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]i had two posts removed within scant minutes this morning, redRuss. one about you making your troll-baiting bed and lying in it and one about cutting the crap about my posts being hidden. it's not like bdc is johnny-on-the-spot w/ their moderating. yeah, i think both instances have your signature all over them.

So, let me get this straight - you are being personally attacked now, and you are fighting back?  Is that what you're saying?  That would just be making my point, so thanks!!  I already showed you that you do it as well.  Maybe not as often, but perhaps if one of the trolls made a personal comment about you, you'd respond!!  Of course, you claim to be ABOVE that.......YOU can cut through all the BS that we mere mortals can't.............but some of us know the truth........and have seen your venom spew just like the rest of us!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : Come on, Hedley. You know you're all powerful. How else to explain this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoM-ZC7uNnc
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I needed a laugh - hysterical as the other 150 times I've seen it!!!

"To stamp out runaway decency in the West."     LOVE IT!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

....perhaps if one of the trolls made a personal comment about you, you'd respond!!

but they don't, red. instead, they seem to direct their personal insults primarily at you. always do and always have. you think that's coincidental? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]....perhaps if one of the trolls made a personal comment about you, you'd respond!! but they don't, red. instead, they seem to direct their personal insults primarily at you. always do and always have. you think that's coincidental? 

No, it's intentional - a violation of posting policy!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from McHale2Bird. Show McHale2Bird's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : No, it's intentional - a violation of posting policy!!

You seem to be very immature and a primary cause for the trolls roaming the board. And I have only been here for about a week. You should stick with Celtic talk only.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sticking with Celtic talk and not responding to baiting by trolls as a discipline. I think if we can all agree to do it, it would succeed in two weeks time. This of course would have to be maintained by still not reacting to troll bait which no doubt will come through from time to time.  These kids would give up if we really made the effort.

Hedley-Red Russ is a good basketball guy but he needs to bite the bullet so this could succeed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : You seem to be very immature and a primary cause for the trolls roaming the board. And I have only been here for about a week. You should stick with Celtic talk only.
    Posted by McHale2Bird[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should be here for three or four years before you speak as if you know what you're talking about!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Sticking with Celtic talk and not responding to baiting by trolls as a discipline. I think if we can all agree to do it, it would succeed in two weeks time. This of course would have to be maintained by still not reacting to troll bait which no doubt will come through from time to time.  These kids would give up if we really made the effort. Hedley-Red Russ is a good basketball guy but he needs to bite the bullet so this could succeed.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

OK OK OK - they all go on ignore, starting now - I'll use it like a 12-step program!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : OK OK OK - they all go on ignore, starting now - I'll use it like a 12-step program!

Ready, set, go! Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Sticking with Celtic talk and not responding to baiting by trolls as a discipline. I think if we can all agree to do it, it would succeed in two weeks time. This of course would have to be maintained by still not reacting to troll bait which no doubt will come through from time to time.  These kids would give up if we really made the effort. Hedley-Red Russ is a good basketball guy but he needs to bite the bullet so this could succeed.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    You hit the nail on the head.  I enjoy hearing everyone's opinions because it opens up my mind to consider other options.  I have frequently come into a thread with my own opinion but have gotten differing arguments that have then changed my thinking.  I find myself talking sports offline with friends and referring to something I "learned" or "was made aware of" here.

I simply cannot even respond to the one-line annoying posts by some trolls.  Like I said earlier, it's kind of sad that these trolls are on this site EVERY DAY.  They wake up looking forward to "jerking someone's chain" just for kicks.  Honestly, I would respect them more if they could muster at least "some" intelligent sports dialogue relevant to a thread subject.

Unfortunately, they are incapable and thus "skipped".  Just cannot be bothered with them.