AB asks for 8m; Cs to make moves

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: AB asks for 8m; Cs to make moves

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Celts to make moves in the next year means trade deadline.

2. Avery Bradley is asking for 8m per year.

1. If Ainge doesn't make moves to make the team better this weekend, that means the Celts are not going to try to make the playoffs.

2. The Celts can't afford to give AB 8m per year, Rondo the maximum, and still keep Jordan Crawford.

AB plus Rondo with a max contract will equal 25m.

That's 40% of the Celts' cap space.

Ainge has a decision to make.

[/QUOTE]

This weekend? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"AB plus Rondo with a max contract will equal 25m."

That's too much for those two guys. I'm not sure Rondo deserves a max, he has a lot to prove still before getting that (like how effective he can be sorrounded by lesser players, post-injury). 

That's way too much for such a tiny backcourt between them. One of the two has to either go or sign for less.

The Celts made Avery a fair offer. I could be wrong but I'm not sure his ceiling is worth the 8 million. But then again he is still improving off the ball, that's a tough call. 

I like how the guys the Celts have on the market are guys with no value nobody wants. That should yield some exciting trades. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Dump Rondo, keep Crawford.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

[QUOTE]

"AB plus Rondo with a max contract will equal 25m."

That's too much for those two guys. I'm not sure Rondo deserves a max, he has a lot to prove still before getting that (like how effective he can be sorrounded by lesser players, post-injury). 

That's way too much for such a tiny backcourt between them. One of the two has to either go or sign for less.

The Celts made Avery a fair offer. I could be wrong but I'm not sure his ceiling is worth the 8 million. But then again he is still improving off the ball, that's a tough call. 

I like how the guys the Celts have on the market are guys with no value nobody wants. That should yield some exciting trades. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree, but Ainge already convinced Rondo to take less money back in 2009.

This time around, Rondo will surely ask for the max.

[/QUOTE]

Would any Team give Rondo a Max Contract? Even if the Celts do not make the Playoffs, they will not get anywhere near the Top 3 or 4 Picks where the suggested Stars will be so maybe he will be used along with one the 1st Rounders to move up into the Top 3 or 4? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

AB for 8mil? pass.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I already started a thread on this.........geez you guys!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Yup and he even used the same source I provided for links to Remake Your Point ... How lame!!!

Hed, Change your thread Title ... Make it More Obvious.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you started a thread about AB, but this thread is connecting AB's 8m asking price to how it might influence Ainge's moves at the trade deadline.

[/QUOTE]

We could have easily combined the two.....:)

Trade Bradley......keep Crawford.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fierce needed the attention.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Trade Bradley - Keep Crawford." C'mon man! Crawford is playing out of his mind but he is fool's gold. 

As for this: "Agree, but Ainge already convinced Rondo to take less money back in 2009.

This time around, Rondo will surely ask for the max." 

Fierce I would not be surprised fo Rondo to push for the max. I personally think Ainge won't move either of these guys until he can see them play together and assess their value separately and together when healthy. 

I'm not convinced Rondo is a max player but your'e right, he'll look for it. 

It's hard to imagine keeping both those guys. Not even sure that we should, it's such a small backcourt. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

One or both of them are most likely gone, they are not worth that much to this team.  If the problem is as stated above, the sooner they are gone the better.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Good post Fierce.  This is liklely the top C's topic in the trade area.  Will anybody out there tell me why I am off in hoping that the C's consider the luxury tax as on option.  I am assuming the C's have little chance of getting a big $ free agent by simply outbidding everyone else.   They also are developing too many good players to pull a Miami and sign multiple max contracts. So instead, the best chance to stay in the running for a 2nd max player is to pull a Laker move, and have a bunch of high paid  guys with a total team salary of well over the salary cap.  Then trade 2 or 3 of the C's guys for a max player from another team.  Has the league already outlawed that stunt?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Avery Bradley has been playing max minutes to make him an interesting trading chip, he is not the "shooting guard of the future" as stated by the article above, that is a red herring.  

Too small and not a deadeye shooter to play the two, could only be a back up at the point guard position with a small forward or another position playing point forward on the second unit.  Let's hope another NBA team believes he is a one or a two... he is a tweener.

Rondo and Crawford looks pretty good as a starting back court to me, though I think it's highly likely both Bradley and Crawford could both be gone.  Crawford can't defend at the one but having two guards who can create would be a great thing going forward.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

$8 million per?

see ya, AB. shame too, because he's starting to shoot better. 

but not well enough for $8 million per. if true, he should obviously be traded immediately.

but also, no, Jordan Crawford does not factor into any discussions about anything. he and his situation will affect nothing. if he complains (which he will. he simply can not help himself), he's gone. if he swallows his pride (which he won't), he stays.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Avery Bradley has been playing max minutes to make him an interesting trading chip, he is not the "shooting guard of the future" as stated by the article above, that is a red herring.  

Too small and not a deadeye shooter to play the two, could only be a back up at the point guard position with a small forward or another position playing point forward on the second unit.  Let's hope another NBA team believes he is a one or a two... he is a tweener.

Rondo and Crawford looks pretty good as a starting back court to me, though I think it's highly likely both Bradley and Crawford could both be gone.  Crawford can't defend at the one but having two guards who can create would be a great thing going forward.

[/QUOTE]Is Rondo worth max $$$ to this team?